Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.02 Released  (Read 67002 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.02 Released
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2020, 02:00:24 pm »

Toady will we see the implementation of *building Altars within the next version? It seems like you possibly forgot or put it on hold without much explanation.

I kind of hesistated to ask while i was just affirming that it wasn't added to any of the menu's or had some mysterious activation prompt like lava-forges (still unconfirmed, i dont have a priest yet) that it'd unlock to be seen when a temple is established.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 02:04:22 pm by FantasticDorf »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2020, 02:36:42 pm »

Toady will we see the implementation of *building Altars within the next version? It seems like you possibly forgot or put it on hold without much explanation.

I kind of hesistated to ask while i was just affirming that it wasn't added to any of the menu's or had some mysterious activation prompt like lava-forges (still unconfirmed, i dont have a priest yet) that it'd unlock to be seen when a temple is established.

This would be good. If you reclaim a fortress (I managed to reclaim Bookworthy using a different dwarf civ, which didn't cause a crash), you can find built altars there. So it would be nice to at least be able to put those in (or replace them).

Also would be nice if the curse triggers also covered toppling altars too. If they don't already...
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 08, 2020, 04:37:24 pm »

I'm anxious for this one as well. He did answer it was a bug in the last FotF reply, though, and there is an active bug report, along with adjacent issue bug reports for altar stockpiles and dice..
Team Bug Fix!

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 08, 2020, 05:33:53 pm »

Devblog:
This is the first bug-fix release, focusing on newly introduced problems. Most notably, world gen crashes should happen less often, having babies should cause less trouble, and some adventure mode problems with quests and mounts should be fixed. We'll continue on with this process, working in some older bugs for next time as well.
I imagine he just prioritized and put out a release with less crashes and game crippling bugs. It's a fairly normal thing to do.

Ryan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 08, 2020, 06:39:06 pm »

Haven't been able to get a Large 1050 world to finish without crashing, here are the seeds:

*** STARTING NEW GAME ***
Generating world using parameter set CREATE WORLD NOW = 5555333
 Seed: ESYsgegEsO4Uqs6YsI2S
 History Seed: WqEQKc8wmKKgG0Ay82MC
 Name Seed: mciI6mCMSYU2gEeiGwQg
 Creature Seed: S4IS6YWcE8cmKaiUWkG8
 Seed: IyEAKKMAksUGMwWW0AWw
 History Seed: EIkkoGEGAOgIS4IoeEAa
 Name Seed: YUOWMomOKoIqw2E2M0U2
 Creature Seed: wS2oMeGKUAkosoOYACUE
 Seed: U4eugOM6A4GeaQYMagAu
 History Seed: gocuCIkic8Gc0EscCksW
 Name Seed: sykCY6Q806WC2yWyMmgE
 Creature Seed: Esw44C86c48mYoAqGsue
 Seed: TxYqXsm4Ogn319h3FUHU
 History Seed: 9E2JKKDi2zNwRU7MtxbM
 Name Seed: DzYH9OhbdqPQc9F5fHHo
 Creature Seed: 4Pe00Im04wiV0pEE0354

muffinsofjoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 08, 2020, 08:19:56 pm »

Hello Toady! I've been a fanatic DF player for years and years and never contributed back to this amazing artwork we call Dwarf Fortress.  I get LOTS of crashes in 0.47.02 worldgen, I'll begin listing them.  Should I edit this comment or add more comments as I discover more? I'm going to dedicate a few hours to just finding worldgen crashes right now so expect quite a few updates.
1)
Generating world using parameter set LETSMAKECRASHES Crashed at year ~250 Advanced parameters set from smaller region. Set year end to 1050, megabeast check ignore(start at year 10,000), population cap 7500, number of civs 10
 Seed: 6C22OGoIYWWu08Aiom4Y
 History Seed: Um6I4kk4o6kY8cMMe0Q2
 Name Seed: AiiwQSQ44KOCs4KmeqcE
 Creature Seed: iCcgekc8KokG6E2MWICA
2)
Generating world using parameter set LETSMAKECRASHES Crashed at year ~269 Advanced parameters set from smaller region. Set year end to 1050, megabeast check ignore(start at year 10,000), population cap 7500, number of civs 10
 Seed: W6YSQAusQAGi4umI4wO6
 History Seed: ckaMA0wMKckcY8uo8aSO
 Name Seed: WUsMEUU4CewaEMmECYMI
 Creature Seed: 0wgKuQuom8y4SgGSwWIu
3)
Generating world using parameter set LETSMAKECRASHES Crashed year ~614 Advanced parameters set from smaller region. Set year end to 6000, megabeast check ignore(start at year 10,000), population cap 7500, number of civs 10
 Seed: 37MK59Ss4ceKxodWnxHc
 History Seed: fA9geV0hzqruj50cl1Gb
 Name Seed: RTjE5AYeeb69Z1KmIAJ5
 Creature Seed: myWHtOjQFnpU27Ut3oPX

More to come, that was only a 15 minute period of generating.

muffinsofjoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 08, 2020, 08:44:42 pm »

More crashes

1)
Generating world using parameter set LETSBREAKTHEGAME Crashed at year 851 I think it was, Advanced parameters set from smaller region. Set year end to 6000, megabeast check ignore(start at year 10,000), population cap 3000, number of civs 20
 Seed: rC47JkVFBDumc4tisAO7
 History Seed: OL7Imgwt9jFHl3AwdXMc
 Name Seed: W4fPNQt3K9wxjt3JNlyG
 Creature Seed: K3LMuJ2N5GGPZlekzqbY
2)
Generating world using parameter set LETSBREAKTHEGAME didn't see the crash but it was above year 500. Advanced parameters set from smaller region. Set year end to 6000, megabeast check ignore(start at year 10,000), population cap 3000, number of civs 20, number of site cap 500
 Seed: Co0IAokiguAwcmGiakgw
 History Seed: 8wyiG4UemgykGosGOOku
 Name Seed: CgcaIe8mMiUGUIoaG48s
 Creature Seed: WwOcW6ekOMQQssq4MkgU

More to come just going on a walk I've been sitting for too long =|

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 08, 2020, 09:05:10 pm »

(*) Fixed some busted world gen param newlines

I apologize if this has already been mentioned, but, there is still one errant newline in each worldgen parameter being created, thusly, in 0.47.02:
   [ALLOW_NECROMANCER_SUMMONS:1]

[GOOD_SQ_COUNTS:0:0:0]
specifically:

[ALLOW_NECROMANCER_SUMMONS:1]
<- extra newline here
   [GOOD_SQ_COUNTS:0:0:0]

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2020, 09:51:04 pm »

Oh, my sexless night creature dreams of raising a family. Not sure how to break the bad news to it.

muffinsofjoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2020, 10:30:25 pm »

Okay so after reading the comment after mine I'm going to hold off on too many more crash reports just in case all of mine are the same thing.

1)
Generating world using parameter set LETSBREAKTHEGAME Crashed ~100, speedy world gen, Advanced parameters set from smaller region. Set year end to 6000, megabeast check ignore(start at year 10,000), population cap 6000, number of civs 20, number of site cap 20, playable civs needed set to no
 Seed: 6eKjWWY8ZBv1TMUyHKOm
 History Seed: prYZGmC8EqFAINheh3Fl
 Name Seed: 2waHAu3D0HpdbBldnhbn
 Creature Seed: NepRnItK9wt1i2ncgiMF
2)
Generating world using parameter set LETSBREAKTHEGAME, crashed somewhere above 300 years, medium speed gen, Advanced parameters set from smaller region. Set year end to 6000, megabeast check ignore(start at year 10,000), population cap 6000, number of civs 20, number of site cap 20, playable civs needed set to no,
 Seed: UeGK8EOMOaU0mWeoA8ui
 History Seed: SoOsWakooms4CAEMESYO
 Name Seed: osQMAu0AsgiMKC0gcaWC
 Creature Seed: 8A6AA6MQKkeuOuMeq8aU
3)
Generating world using parameter set LETSBREAKTHEGAME, might wanna ignore this one it crashed somewhere between year 1 and year 6000, I was alt+tabbed. nonetheless, Advanced parameters set from smaller region. Set year end to 6000, megabeast check ignore(start at year 10,000), population cap 6000, number of civs 20, number of site cap 20, playable civs needed set to no,
 Seed: 9KLFSd6XExh2FAcXK1gJ
 History Seed: sKOLfs4wo8WhldmzZBKd
 Name Seed: wnRUEQnMDLuvR64yqPeQ
 Creature Seed: LwQwu4AJ5KgIMSWQe9Wf
4)
Generating world using parameter set LETSBREAKTHEGAME, crashed year ~75, super fast worldgen, Advanced parameters set from smaller region. Set year end to 6000, megabeast check ignore(start at year 10,000), population cap 6000, number of civs 20, number of site cap 20, playable civs set to no,
 Seed: MoWGa8CK4WUWAYWm8Aue
 History Seed: GkW6wo4O6QaI4wKUqIw6
 Name Seed: eCSaWk8UkAy8kY0SCqg8
 Creature Seed: 62GMAMcqqKiGIw2wW0GO
5)
Generating world using parameter set LETSBREAKTHEGAME, crashed around year 250ish, fast worldgen.  I paused at ~year 75 then resumed if that matters. Advanced parameters set from smaller region. Set year end to 6000, megabeast check ignore(start at year 10,000), population cap 6000, number of civs 20, number of site cap 20, playable civs set to no,
 Seed: iQG4Ogy2EeOyKE0OcYyC
 History Seed: qeaKu6uUGoiG4k6oGMcG
 Name Seed: qMaSMMgokwmsQCy68iMg
 Creature Seed: MqiiQeI2mk4usQC4ciee

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2020, 10:34:18 pm »

I couldn't get several of those to crash, for whatever reason (different OS?  could be anything), but I ran that general parameter set several times and it looks like I finally got a winner (ie, a repeating crash at year 516.)  Hopefully that'll be straightforward to fix.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

muffinsofjoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2020, 10:44:30 pm »

I am running the Linux version btw.

muffinsofjoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2020, 10:46:41 pm »

Errorlog contains this for all of my recent crashes.

FOREST trying to generate musical form without speech or instruments
Impoverished Word Selector
MOUNTAIN trying to generate musical form without speech or instruments

muffinsofjoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2020, 10:48:23 pm »

1)
Generating world using parameter set LETSHELPTOADYANDTARN, crashed above year 1000 but idk where, super fast worldgen, Advanced parameters set from smaller region. Set year end to 10000, megabeast check 2, megabeasts dead to stop set to ignore, population cap 100, number of civs 10, number of site cap 1, megabeasts turned off, titans turned off,  semimegabeasts turned off, mineral scarcity set to 100
 Seed: oOiCeAuQ2MGAq8AWIQ2E
 History Seed: mi8UAaqYWmwswGu8CaO4
 Name Seed: mQqAOmSWkKWMaQcWq0gu
 Creature Seed: YOY2QE0SeE8yUkuQM8iw
2)
Generated ~20 worlds with these params and no crash. (basically, age of empty worlds with no civs)
Advanced parameters set from smaller region. Set year end to 10000, megabeast check 2, megabeasts dead to stop set to ignore, population cap 100, number of civs 0, number of site cap 1, megabeasts turned off, titans turned off,  semimegabeasts turned off, mineral scarcity set to 100, playable civs required set to no.

Toady do you want me to keep generating more?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2020, 10:59:03 pm »

Errorlog contains this for all of my recent crashes.

FOREST trying to generate musical form without speech or instruments
This seems to occur a lot in the current version and doesn't appear to actually cause a crash in itself.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7