Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.02 Released  (Read 65107 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.02 Released
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2020, 06:13:49 am »

went and tested if a dead adventurer could come back playable in adventure mode as a ghost and it seems like a no. or well not really if the place got attacked and ending it counts as an abandon.

on the topic of necrolove I figure once you hit immortality you just start dating folks of the immortal camp like elves and goblins, and other supernatural.
Since intelligent ghosts were left out of this release, I'd say that's probably exactly as expected. Question is can you unretire after your body has been raised as an intelligent undead?

Well, this necromancer queen just ruled her kingdom with an iron fist for 500 years. She never left to build a tower raise zombies or experiment on the local wildlife.  Most vampire-like necromancer I've ever seen. :)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2020, 06:38:20 am »

went and tested if a dead adventurer could come back playable in adventure mode as a ghost and it seems like a no. or well not really if the place got attacked and ending it counts as an abandon.

on the topic of necrolove I figure once you hit immortality you just start dating folks of the immortal camp like elves and goblins, and other supernatural.
Since intelligent ghosts were left out of this release, I'd say that's probably exactly as expected. Question is can you unretire after your body has been raised as an intelligent undead?

Well, this necromancer queen just ruled her kingdom with an iron fist for 500 years. She never left to build a tower raise zombies or experiment on the local wildlife.  Most vampire-like necromancer I've ever seen. :)

ok so on the subject of that no it seems it even worst, the ghosts do exist but they don't exist in Adventure mode like they don't show up even though they do in fort mode and the worst bit is I think because oops the adventurer is only a ghost in fort mode means they raised/resurrected as an undead thus the corpse can't be resurrected.
so if someone wants to resurrect their long dead adventurer that ghost'd in a fort they need to bury the corpse first before bringing it back.
also do find the term intelligent ghosts weird given Ghosts are just the unit that died coming back with a ghostly flag toggled on.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2020, 06:57:30 am »

Thank you for the bug fixes !

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2020, 08:13:19 am »

Most excellent, a veritable treasure trove of bug fixes!

No fix yet for the "pressing embark crashes, if certain NATURAL_SKILL tags on dwarves". For us modders.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2020, 08:20:15 am »

Nice nice~

I'll probably still wait for the military equipment corruption from raids bug gets fixed before I play dwarf mode again, though. In the meantime it's just adventurer for me.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2020, 08:29:17 am »

No fix yet for the "pressing embark crashes, if certain NATURAL_SKILL tags on dwarves". For us modders.
Is it actually on the tracker?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2020, 08:51:01 am »

It's been mentioned upon ( 0010364: Instant crash upon selecting retired adventurer ) but it doesn't have it own seperate child 47.xx report. No idea why.

Might warrant Tapio creating his own since he has the most knoweldge about all the affected fields for the subject or entrusting it to someone else.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2020, 09:00:19 am »

It's been mentioned upon ( 0010364: Instant crash upon selecting retired adventurer ) but it doesn't have it own seperate child 47.xx report. No idea why.

Might warrant Tapio creating his own since he has the most knoweldge about all the affected fields for the subject or entrusting it to someone else.
Are the two related?
I added a save to that report myself, had nothing to do with natural_skill (as far as I can tell). And isn't the crash a Fortress Mode one?

Well, whatever, bug should probably be on the tracker rather than scattered in posts all over the forum.

--edit
Added it myself with save. Please add additional info and connections as appropriate.

--editedit
Oh. And actually, it doesn't crash "on embark". It crashes after pushing e on the embark map, so it's natural_skill causing issues with the embark profile screen.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 01:02:09 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2020, 01:32:04 pm »

Thanks for the update Toady!

Yeah, through the end of February, by any means, including PayPal and also new Patreon payments that won't actually go through until March 1.

I've been subbed for a few years now, I never actually asked for a story or drawing but I'd like to get in before it ends please.

In the calculation for age difference in taking lovers, should necromancers get a special pass? After all, they appear not to age.

Just browsing the history of a tough necromancer who would shrug off suspicion at her not appearing to age by laying oppressive edicts before getting on with enjoying immortality in wrestling competitions and love. It was kind of sad to see her succession of lovers dry up after the age of 170 (she managed to hook up with an ancient 166 year old dwarf who died of old age a couple of years later).

Seems that a succession of young lovers oblivious to her unaging (for a while at least) is more the stuff of fantasy fiction.

Couple of things: Long lived species should have less of an "issue" with the age gap, in my view the necromancer or vampire or werebeast should still be able to have children (until they turn actually undead, that is, not just "ageing paused").

Regarding the new release:

Do the worldgen circus breaches continue to happen in other forts as the world progresses? Or do they just stop? Just want to know whether the first world I genned back in 47.01 will continue to have "unfortunate accidents" in those forts without the filter.

I genned a new world in 0.47.02, left it running until the year 507. Medium world, very high on all settings including savagery and minerals. It looked fine until about 250. I came back in the 5th century and...

This world clocked in at 277 MB. That's way larger than the previous world, or what I class as "approaching unusable", but I get there's a lot of data to be handled.

I noticed during worldgen, when you put the cursor over the castles they still say "the goblin fort of ...", which is a bug.

Spoiler: road bug (click to show/hide)

This is what legends modes, historical maps looks like for year 1. I think there's a bug or omission where the roads show as they were at the end of worldgen or something, regardless of the date you shift to. The map also doesn't track the spread of evil out of necromancer towers and so on with time.

i.e. if tile X, Y were not evil at the start, and were corrupted in year 138, and remained corrupted at the end of worldgen, viewing legends mode historical maps would show that tile as corrupted with evil all along.

I'll post more as I get along.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2020, 01:35:03 pm »

Thanks for the update Toady!

Yeah, through the end of February, by any means, including PayPal and also new Patreon payments that won't actually go through until March 1.

I've been subbed for a few years now, I never actually asked for a story or drawing but I'd like to get in before it ends please.

In the calculation for age difference in taking lovers, should necromancers get a special pass? After all, they appear not to age.

Just browsing the history of a tough necromancer who would shrug off suspicion at her not appearing to age by laying oppressive edicts before getting on with enjoying immortality in wrestling competitions and love. It was kind of sad to see her succession of lovers dry up after the age of 170 (she managed to hook up with an ancient 166 year old dwarf who died of old age a couple of years later).

Seems that a succession of young lovers oblivious to her unaging (for a while at least) is more the stuff of fantasy fiction.

Couple of things: Long lived species should have less of an "issue" with the age gap, in my view the necromancer or vampire or werebeast should still be able to have children (until they turn actually undead, that is, not just "ageing paused").

Regarding the new release:

Do the worldgen circus breaches continue to happen in other forts as the world progresses? Or do they just stop? Just want to know whether the first world I genned back in 47.01 will continue to have "unfortunate accidents" in those forts without the filter.

I genned a new world in 0.47.02, left it running until the year 507. Medium world, very high on all settings including savagery and minerals. It looked fine until about 250. I came back in the 5th century and...

This world clocked in at 277 MB. That's way larger than the previous world, or what I class as "approaching unusable", but I get there's a lot of data to be handled.

I noticed during worldgen, when you put the cursor over the castles they still say "the goblin fort of ...", which is a bug.

Spoiler: road bug (click to show/hide)

This is what legends modes, historical maps looks like for year 1. I think there's a bug or omission where the roads show as they were at the end of worldgen or something, regardless of the date you shift to. The map also doesn't track the spread of evil out of necromancer towers and so on with time.

i.e. if tile X, Y were not evil at the start, and were corrupted in year 138, and remained corrupted at the end of worldgen, viewing legends mode historical maps would show that tile as corrupted with evil all along.

I'll post more as I get along.

Messaging them on patreon will get you a faster response in terms of your story.drawing.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2020, 02:58:45 pm »

-snip-

Messaging them on patreon will get you a faster response in terms of your story.drawing.

Thanks man, I was hoping I could get *both* a drawing and a story but between the two I'd go for a story. Probably.

Here there's a "default hostile" marker next to "Humans". Additionally, that should read "castle" now, it does in legends mode but not in Fortress mode.

Here there's a "default hostile" marker next to... not sure what.

Spoiler: Worldgen Text and Seed (click to show/hide)

Note I stopped gen in the year 508.

Thankfully there were only three underworld breaches or so, over 507-8 years ish. First happened in Bookworthy in the year 28, and then in Shipmet in 165, and finally in Hawkconstructs in 311. After that, dwarven civilisation went into a bit of decline so there probably weren't many places to be breached. Protip: if you go to "underground regions" it will show the revealed "unnamed underworld areas" at the bottom.

I took a closer look at Bookworthy. Bookworthy was founded by The Rosy Gates of The Virginal Whips. They went downhill fast after the underworld breach, apparently taken over by a *new* goblin civilisation named The Flies of Sickness and the new fortress government was called The Lucid Hexes.
In the year 96, the goblins were evicted by the humans of The Spry Realm, who set up a kind of barony or something there. The group, known as "The East Band", built the "The Unseen Citadel" but suffered from extraordinarily high rates of administrative growth and nearly apocalyptic levels of corruption.
This still survived until the raids of the winter of 267, when The Bright Lemons, a human group lead by a necromancer, lead a massive invasion and took over several settlements including Bookworthy. The new government, known as The Ace Mornings, lasted only three months before another human civilisation, The Nation of Song, which pillaged the place in the early spring 268. Apparently, in the following ~240 years nobody made an effort to reclaim the place... which is odd. I noticed the nearby hillocks or mountain halls were reclaimed, not the fort.

I still think the dwarven civilisation is still a bit too fragile in general though, despite the reduction in the rate of underworld breaches.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2020, 03:55:18 pm »

Captain archmage; a fort and a fortress are not the same thing. The latter is what got renamed to 'castle', the former is for... I think either bandits or mercenary groups.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2020, 04:24:55 pm »

Captain archmage; a fort and a fortress are not the same thing. The latter is what got renamed to 'castle', the former is for... I think either bandits or mercenary groups.

Got it, it seems I get forts, castles, and fortresses now. I thought forts were also merged into "castles"...

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2020, 06:56:04 pm »

Just  a small note of suspicion.
Is it actually possible to generate a world with more than one circus breakthrough now? I'm persistently getting 1 over quite a lot of generated worlds of various sizes and lengths. Plenty of dwarves in each world.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2020, 07:35:43 pm »

--edit
Added it myself with save. Please add additional info and connections as appropriate.
--editedit
Oh. And actually, it doesn't crash "on embark". It crashes after pushing e on the embark map, so it's natural_skill causing issues with the embark profile screen.
Thanks! I am not very handy with the bug tracker.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7