Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.02 Released  (Read 65111 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.02 Released
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2020, 08:01:47 pm »

--edit
Added it myself with save. Please add additional info and connections as appropriate.
--editedit
Oh. And actually, it doesn't crash "on embark". It crashes after pushing e on the embark map, so it's natural_skill causing issues with the embark profile screen.
Thanks! I am not very handy with the bug tracker.
No problem!
Add a comment if you know for sure other natural_skills are crashing. I only put up a test save with MINING added which crashes for sure.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2020, 08:28:12 pm »

Oh, here's a beautiful tale in the making.

Two humans, Ina Specialtoast and Setoc Enjoyplay were married in the year 74. Alas, it appeared not to be a happy ever after story,  and they divorced a few years later in 78. Setoc took to the wilderness while Ina became lovers with a young dancer chap by the name of Practicedshafts.

However, 11 years later as the two approached their 90s the rng gods brought them together again. Ina had given up his dancer boy and once again became lovers with Setoc and they remarried. The two died peacefully of old age in the years 92 and 103.

Almost the end of the story, but in the year 149 Ina's rest was disturbed and he now roams the land as a vengeful mummy, a few years later Setoc also came back as a vengeful mummy.

Star-crossed undead lovers stalking the earth. Wonder what the chances are of them running into one another again?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2020, 08:59:49 pm »

Just  a small note of suspicion.
Is it actually possible to generate a world with more than one circus breakthrough now? I'm persistently getting 1 over quite a lot of generated worlds of various sizes and lengths. Plenty of dwarves in each world.

Three in the world I posted. I'm going to get back to that over the weekend, but I know there;s a lot of limiting factors now.

Firstly, the event is rare now. Civs, sites, beasts, savagery, and minerals turned up to the max, medium world, ran 508 years. There were three breakthroughs, in the years 28, 165, and 311. The first fortress was founded in year 1. The second, in the year 86 (breached after 79 years). Last one, was founded in the year 26 so it lasted 285 years. In general, the breaches were almost evenly spaced respective to one another, by about 140 years.

After that... well, fortresses started to get overrun after the year 250 by various forces. If you don't have new fortresses being founded, no fortresses are being reclaimed by dwarves, that will put a cork in breaches until a player comes along.

Anybody breached the underworld in this version yet? Do the demons get followed by a goblin invasion?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2020, 09:07:12 pm »

Toady said "not yet" when asked in last thread. So at some point player-hits-circus will result in an invasion, but it's not been implemented yet.

Good to know more than one breach is possible. I mean, even 1 every time is a lot better than the 15-20 I was getting in 47.01...

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2020, 10:12:58 pm »

Apparently, trying to reclaim Bookworthy with the original civilisation lead to a crash. Not sure why. Reclaim with another dwarf civ may work...

And yes, Bookworthy's original civilisation, The Virginal Whips is still around. They founded another now-ruined fortress (which didn't suffer a HFS breach), trying to reclaim it by them also lead to a crash.

Worldgen save posted here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14752
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2020, 02:28:36 am »

Unretiring an adventuring party doesn't seem to be working.
I can choose from a list of my 3 party members (but not all as one entity, which might make more sense) and they're all shown as being in the place I retired.
Then, Adventure Awaits, and the map has switched to a random dark pits site. Embarking there embarks the single character I selected with no sign of other members and no function to swap to them (resetting without saving proves this happens for all three characters).

--edit
Oh, I see, I have to reform the party one at a time. So the only odd thing is them being on the wrong side of the world in a dark pits, but that's probably just down to the two week interval.

--editedit

But, Oh no!! I've succumbed to the "now you're a random histfig, live with it" bug. Damn.
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=11019
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 04:01:03 am by Shonai_Dweller »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2020, 03:59:05 am »

Apparently, trying to reclaim Bookworthy with the original civilisation lead to a crash. Not sure why. Reclaim with another dwarf civ may work...

And yes, Bookworthy's original civilisation, The Virginal Whips is still around. They founded another now-ruined fortress (which didn't suffer a HFS breach), trying to reclaim it by them also lead to a crash.

Worldgen save posted here: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14752

Using [TAB] on the reclaimation screen for embark will take you to a additional details screen telling you the reasons why it was deserted if it can be quickly assessed without opening a file or to help anybody looking at your provided save by the way.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2020, 04:37:44 am »

So, there's an odd trend with this release in that people are saying in quite a few places "47.02 worldgen is crashing for me".
And the grand total of crashing 47.02 worldgen seeds in this thread and at the tracker is zero.

Maybe it needs a big sticky thread to remind people that a several thousand dwarf fortress fans can generate a heck of a lot more worldgen crashes in a heck of a lot less time that Toady can by himself.
Apologies if that's being presumptuous.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2020, 06:30:07 am »

So, there's an odd trend with this release in that people are saying in quite a few places "47.02 worldgen is crashing for me".
And the grand total of crashing 47.02 worldgen seeds in this thread and at the tracker is zero.

Maybe it needs a big sticky thread to remind people that a several thousand dwarf fortress fans can generate a heck of a lot more worldgen crashes in a heck of a lot less time that Toady can by himself.

Delphonso atleast posted one, I could get a few others done though I use a heavily modded rawset, so dunno how useful that'd be (I atleast don't think the crashes are because of that, given that I was able to gen worlds fine in 44.12 and the issues only started with 47).

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2020, 06:42:26 am »

You're definitely not wrong. I'll crack into the bug tracker for the first time and find a place to post that seed.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2020, 07:14:01 am »

Awesome.

I reckon even modded raws which worked in 44.12 and are crashing in worldgen in 47.02 must be being caused by vanilla worldgen issues.

Harder to work with I guess. But it can't hurt to post a whole save, especially if it's only you getting those crashes. Some combination of things your mod is pushing raising the chances by a fraction of a percent?

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2020, 07:15:34 am »

Posted to reddit, cheers for the suggestion!
Team Bug Fix!

clinodev

• Bay Watcher
  • Embark Profile Enthusiast, Kitfox & reddit mod.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2020, 07:25:45 am »

Speaking of reddit, here's a fun post with one of those new necromancer migrants.

Apparently the tower is abandoned, and the player is cheerfully looting their books!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Team Bug Fix!

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2020, 08:02:19 am »

Awesome.

I reckon even modded raws which worked in 44.12 and are crashing in worldgen in 47.02 must be being caused by vanilla worldgen issues.

Harder to work with I guess. But it can't hurt to post a whole save, especially if it's only you getting those crashes. Some combination of things your mod is pushing raising the chances by a fraction of a percent?
I would guess that in my case whatever's causing the crashes simply occurs faster due to there being more civs and more types of civs.

In any case, I've got my folder backup uploaded here (that is, the entire contents of my raw/objects folder+data/speech, including trunctuated/altered vanilla stuff).

Some crash seeds with this set (also a few non-crash ones for comparisons):
Crashes at year 5 (small world, short history, medium civs, very high everything else)
CREATE WORLD NOW = 3235555
 Seed: gcM4qIE62OMocIGcmKIc
 History Seed: wqG6oQQc84YUwGoWq8qc
 Name Seed: uKmKeW6WyOiakm0esgsq
 Creature Seed: s8aWUCcMsEsoIgSki6QO

Successful generation - year 125 (small world, short history, medium civs, very high everything else)
 Seed: akkco02Y6eEm4o6gqyeG
 History Seed: IiCq02YkkSm6EUeeWmyW
 Name Seed: ISC2qEmeykSiUQOEIoQi
 Creature Seed: gcQ86cWGEiyQSS8Ww6Mo

Crash at year 4 - (small world short history, medium civs, very high everything else)
 Seed: 25s7UXxpA8XK802JgRGk
 History Seed: 96rlESgq57s3uxnzc9TS
 Name Seed: zALJuffGEhqaWXHsB3Jv
 Creature Seed: NhufYEGmaESHX0Hv0IWK

Crash at year 91 - (medium world, short history, medium civs, high site amount, very high everything else)
 CREATE WORLD NOW = 4234555
 Seed: 3VE0TsCIo8BxzPZBdyFs
 History Seed: dsipqOPOmjZQ7WnGllTU
 Name Seed: 3nERBwZrvyFIuDdlxpZw
 Creature Seed: IT8Yywuim4w18tscQVBo

Crash at year 81 - (medium world, short history, medium civs and sites,  very high everything else)
 CREATE WORLD NOW = 4233555
 Seed: dvgK3U8AM6Nnfb1tTare
 History Seed: 9ScJCYt42bBons7WBDLe
 Name Seed: pFsvlUffZEdqMBD1vVRi
 Creature Seed: QdGuImgCoOOraLWek7pM

Will do more later if needed.

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2020, 08:11:00 am »

Attempting to crash world gen on purpose.
Got it to crash on first try 1050 years small island.
Ohhh...kay... got 4 crashes in 11 tries of typed seeds. Usually near 125 yahrens.

File containing OldGenesis raws and param set, heck whole installation: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14759

Crashing and okay OldGenesis small island seeds: (included in the zip file of course)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 08:27:19 am by TomiTapio »
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7