Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.02 Released  (Read 65115 times)

muffinsofjoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.02 Released
« Reply #60 on: February 08, 2020, 11:14:12 pm »

I'd love to keep making more but if none of my crashes are repeatable I won't bother with the spam.  Running via Linux Mint 19.3 on 5.30 generic kernel and there is definitely no hardware faults causing it as I've recently ran a four pass memtest86 via USB from the BIOS as well as checked HDD/SDD health.

muffinsofjoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2020, 11:35:55 pm »

Here is some more ran from an independent terminel (if you run it via "Run with terminal" the terminal will close with the crash whereas running it via a terminal and "./DF" lets the terminal remain open after).

1) Crashed due to Segmentation fault (core dumped)
 Generating world using parameter set LETSHELPTOADYANDTARN, crashed around year 500
 Seed: 0bfqBzEALVklVc9xT7eG
 History Seed: Zx2zQupMoRMaqnErBGnO
 Name Seed: XNxojw8fpafEN81ZqglS
 Creature Seed: vUsb5qE8wSIsZeQlQQEc
2) Crashed due to Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Generating world using parameter set LETSHELPTOADYANDTARN, Crashed around year 400
 Seed: 4gGiiAswAKGEyecqU4e2
 History Seed: KGMoCUO6uKicmo6KYo6Y
 Name Seed: yCQeUsGoikcgegGcwUUU
 Creature Seed: a2w0UsAsKuC4sOYC6SqS

Params for both are -
Advanced parameters set from smaller region. Set year end to 10000, megabeast check 2, megabeasts dead to stop set to ignore, population cap 8000, number of civs 25, number of site cap 50, megabeasts turned off, titans turned off,  semimegabeasts turned off, mineral scarcity set to 100, playable civs required set to no.

muffinsofjoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2020, 11:56:48 pm »

So just in case these Segmentation Fault(Core Dump) is caused by Ryzen CPU's running single cores across multiple CCX's I turned off SMT in my bios.  I'll continue running tests and posting crash reports until somebody tells me to stop! LOL (Seriously, I really want to contribute to this game and this is a great time for me to do so.)

Another measure I took is running DF via HDD rather than my SSD. First note is that crashes appear less frequent which points to newer CPU's perhaps causing Segmentation Faults in worldgen, maybe because the Core being used has multiple CCX in play causing it to dump memory from one when it goes to the other resulting in it trying to read memory that doesn't belong to it on the CCX no longer in play.

Every post will be just seeds from me now as I know this isn't a bug report area but it seemed relevant to post this information?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2020, 12:10:19 am »

Ah, you can hold off on the seeds for now - while I've got one (or more) reproducing on Windows hopefully it'll fix it over there too.  Linux is virtually impossible for me to test directly in all but the most simple ways these days due to the virtual machine situation.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

muffinsofjoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2020, 12:13:56 am »

Alright fair enough! Sadly I have no Windows machines to test on =( Best of luck with your fixes and thank you for your diligence with DF!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2020, 12:27:56 am »

So I was asked to post about crashes, and checked: this posted in previous thread still crashes (somewhere in 1384→1385 transition). Nothing new otherwise.

E: NVM, hadn't caught up and didn't see the message about holding off or Linux, sorry about that ^^;
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 01:15:17 pm by Fleeting Frames »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2020, 04:35:21 am »

Errorlog contains this for all of my recent crashes.

FOREST trying to generate musical form without speech or instruments
Impoverished Word Selector
MOUNTAIN trying to generate musical form without speech or instruments
Impoverished Word Selector
This seems to occur a lot in the current version and doesn't appear to actually cause a crash in itself.

This may be partly speculation on my part but i have done some science into religious systems in 47.xx, but each religion if prophets are overwhelming it will generate a musical composition dedicated to that god, and in 100 - 200 year span, even a pantheon with no or a singular sphere subject will have at least 20 deviant cults (@Chaosvolt tested this out for me, removing all other religions barr his own pantheon with one sphere, and ended up in excess with many of them not being related at all, the fault being put down to prophets self geminating sects wildly)

Even with adding [RESPONSIBILITY:RELIGION] to dwarves (by using fake druids like my patriarch, results of which found here) it won't achieve much to stem the tide of it, though it does a lot to improve the stability of the game as monks & temples seem to work properly compared to the wierd state they've been in for 47.xx vanilla. Though that could be generalised under the hood 47.02 bugfixes.

Its also very hard to run the game for long periods of time from a modding perspective, though i've still been trying to pin down as much information as i can to write up a issue report.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 04:40:26 am by FantasticDorf »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2020, 04:57:35 am »

This crashing seed posted over at Reddit (just confirming which OS it was in...)

*forget this one. Was a 47.01 worldgen.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 08:26:25 am by Shonai_Dweller »

vladbarcelo

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2020, 07:21:42 am »

All worlds were MEDIUM in size and with mineral occurence = EVERYWHERE, some were set to LONG history, some - VERY LONG.

All crashed within 1/2 generation length (crash at approx. 300-600 yrs).

Generating world using parameter set CREATE WORLD NOW = 4533335
 Seed: 1VoE7WYmE8fNvV77fyn6
 History Seed: PUYvMiBIyXhMZwBa7vR2
 Name Seed: PFazlcVZJ6H4WJdHjHR6
 Creature Seed: oHqiOSqKusUnQfWg2V5Y

Seed: fxiETgEUiwNXBBpX9OJa
 History Seed: z2yj0CngUHtCpUfUt5PU
 Name Seed: FNq1RkNXN8NAOJTHLvBq

Seed: YaOqaAqakYYeeyGSkU8G
 History Seed: y6QMk0WAOeQGy6eu6SE8
 Name Seed: 0acEYcqg6caywUcUI0eq
 Creature Seed: iEu0O6qm8WAYCEmsoS4u

Generating world using parameter set CREATE WORLD NOW = 4433335
 Seed: jpqmzqKomcvhdNRz3w1o
 History Seed: H6mrG8dkWVBA5eTifVr2
 Name Seed: zL6JXGxxfi1swvpjjLlY
 Creature Seed: 2FmC64UayUSVWJskmdvk

Seed: bh8iYsIIniEp2JxSy6Px
 History Seed: dNVGqgFKh6jnUc2x9zDC
 Name Seed: CcXEfP7KN2UGDsWcjB7z
 Creature Seed: 5vllDtdw564SsKzmIrWl

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2020, 06:50:00 pm »

Oh cool, a worldgen necromancer-vampire. Never seen one of these before. Became a necromancer, raised an army, profaned a temple. Nice to see that can happen.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2020, 04:45:08 am »

Going by this post, seems that the "buildingdestroyer visitors still topple stuff despite not being hostile" issue is still present.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2020, 05:10:20 am »

Going by this post, seems that the "buildingdestroyer visitors still topple stuff despite not being hostile" issue is still present.
Ah, yes. That's an annoying one. Had to remove building destroyer from my minotaur civ, because otherwise visitors just turn up and remain transfixed by statues and doors and refuse to talk to anyone.

Not helpful to have that on necro experiments at all in the current state of the game.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2020, 07:44:55 am »

Ah, yes. That's an annoying one. Had to remove building destroyer from my minotaur civ, because otherwise visitors just turn up and remain transfixed by statues and doors and refuse to talk to anyone.

Not helpful to have that on necro experiments at all in the current state of the game.
Yeah, I keep it off any civilized creatures, or "intelligent wilderness creature" ones with the possibility to be civ members.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2020, 08:56:06 am »

I suppose its a bit of trivia moerso related to this version particularly, but has anybody firsthand been able to have a inter-race lover couple in fortress mode? I have heard rumors amongst the community that rescued prisoners of other races are likely candidates to take fortress dwarves as partners from the same player who managed to save a thousand elves from a site in a raid on discord. (so i guess statistical probability was in their favor after they expelled plenty of them first to a 100 elves.)

I suppose the general attitude toward elves, short playthroughs and discouragement for raiding regarding whether they'd crash or not is a big thing to why it wouldnt be better known. If its a bug (likely it is since its fortress localised) then its quite a welcome feature-bug as long as it doesnt cause crashes on things like viewing descriptions of any children formed from this union.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2020, 09:12:55 am by FantasticDorf »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2020, 12:11:46 pm »

I suppose its a bit of trivia moerso related to this version particularly, but has anybody firsthand been able to have a inter-race lover couple in fortress mode? I have heard rumors amongst the community that rescued prisoners of other races are likely candidates to take fortress dwarves as partners from the same player who managed to save a thousand elves from a site in a raid on discord. (so i guess statistical probability was in their favor after they expelled plenty of them first to a 100 elves.)

I suppose the general attitude toward elves, short playthroughs and discouragement for raiding regarding whether they'd crash or not is a big thing to why it wouldnt be better known. If its a bug (likely it is since its fortress localised) then its quite a welcome feature-bug as long as it doesnt cause crashes on things like viewing descriptions of any children formed from this union.
so far there was one that got a fire imp to interbreed with a dwarf a few years back.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7