Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: Hero Saga: Aftermath: First District  (Read 8640 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Hero Saga: Aftermath: First District
« on: February 07, 2020, 08:52:24 pm »

OOC/Library

HERO SAGA
AFTERMATH: FIRST DISTRICT
(Active In-Character Thread)

Spoiler: Contents (click to show/hide)

ATLAS, a mega city of the global desert. Home of the massive archology super structures each home to city sized populations of their own. The law is upheld by the ARBITORS with a license to kill. Crime isn't the only threat, behemoth monsters are kept at bay by the city wall and it's many large sentry turrets, though smaller ones find ways inside. Sponsored vigilantes known as GUILDSMEN deal with non-human threats, and are sometimes granted permission by the justice department (rarely) to assist with human issues. Some of these individuals hide their identities to protect their private lives, but few companies are willing to sponsor "unvarified" individuals. Most in this group are known as MAVERICKS, who lead ordinary lives that conceal their heroic activities. Without the legal authority to kill, detained CRIMINALS and monsters (rarely) apprehended by civilian heroes are sent to the ABYSS, a prison in the center of the city built down a bottomless pit. In times of surplus crime or monster attacks (often) these individuals may be called upon to help in exchange for their freedom. They call them THE WATCH.

Heroes uphold the safety of the city. These are their stories...

AFTERMATH
Due to a malfunctioning turret a giant monster breached Atlas's walls. The Guild, The Arbitors, and The Watch responded, and most were killed. Their efforts however were not in vain. The giant yellow crab and its' spawn were slain, and the wall's defenses restored. Now their is a void in the ranks of the city's defenders.

First District
New heroes are needed in the city center. Crime and monster attacks must be put in check here first, or instability will ripple out across Atlas. Guild HQ, The Abyss, and many of the largest corporations and archologies are here. The people rejoice in their salvation, but already this is in the early stages of giving way to fear. When new threats arise who will protect them?

How did THE BREACH happen?

Quote from: News
GENESIS offers power lottery
The corporation opens new program to give mentally stable individuals random powers in exchange for ownership of their bodies at the time of death. Subjects remain anonymous, though must get a 'Property of Genesis' tattoo under their left eyelid and on all their major organs. Experiment may result in mental illness.

THE ACADEMY is fast-tracking new arbitors
Must terminate all sponsors. Low pay, but basic gear and training provided. Must disclose identity. Must be mentally stable. Must follow orders when issued.

EMERALD CHAMPAGNE looking to sponsor newcomer vigilantes
The corporation will sponsor charismatic individuals who have performed public acts of heroism. Grants guild membership. Low pay. Must disclose identity. Must wear logo on uniform. A uniform will be provided if you have no bigger sponsors.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 10:01:13 pm by roseheart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: (IC) Hero Saga: Aftermath: First District
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 09:44:56 pm »

apply to GENESIS for powers

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2020, 10:02:25 pm »

A teenager in a school uniform is seen walking into GENESIS. She has olive skin and dark brown hair. Elizabeth Hunt requests to participate in the experiment. The scientist in the lobby looks skeptical. "Are you sure kid? What would your parents think?"
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 10:04:02 pm by roseheart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2020, 10:10:04 pm »

“whatever I’m going to school for, it is not going to help lower the crime rate. I think gaining powers will assist in investigation and criminal capture”

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2020, 10:23:39 pm »

The scientist looks down at the floor, maybe a little sad. "Right this way miss."

"Ok, you have passed the mental exams. Do you have any questions about our biomass reclamation policy, risks, or anything? As you are participating publicly, you may sign this contract to avoid the reclamation identification procedure."

He hands the young woman the papers and a pen.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2020, 10:41:08 pm »

“How would you find my body if who/whatever kidnapped me before killing me?”
Sign

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2020, 04:44:17 am »

Go to school and train my skills to gain knowledge!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2020, 11:17:45 am »

#1.

ELIZABETH HUNT
"As you will be doing this publicly, obtaining your body will be easy through normal legal channels. If you were secretly murdered and your remains showed up elsewhere it should still be able to be identified. If someone stole your body, then some tatoos won't stop that anyway." the GENESIS scientist explains. "Please remove your personal effects and clothing and lie down on this table..."

Elizabeth is rolled into the next room and quickly surrounded by more scientists. They begin yelling instructions at each other as one puts the anesthesia mask on her and she passes out. When she comes to she finds herself submersed in a tank of green fluid. There are tubes and wires connected all over her body. The scientists are staring and taking notes when one looks down and gasps. Then Elizabeth sees it, her lower body is melting! Bubbles ripple from her oxygen mask. A surge of electricity ruptures into a fire and the tank explodes!

As the scientists put out the flames, a metal puddle condenses into Elizebeth. She gets up, walks a few steps, and stumbles into their arms.

She makes her way back to CARBON DEVELOPMENTS, the economy archology that is home. She is playing with a complimentary lighter she took from the GENESIS lobby. She holds the open flame under a her soft-liquid metal hand with a look of wonder on her face, but when she enters her hall she abruptly stops walking and phases her hand to normal. Her parents are standing in the doorway. Her mother cries, and her father demands "Lizzy, what have you done!?"

AUBRIELLA DOWNS
A child with tan skin and curly red hair is dropped off from a limo at her private elementary school. She carries a case for a flute into class. She is an attentive student, and works hard. Her teacher notices and offers extra work in any field that interests her.

There were no other public actions.

To be continued...

LISA-MARIE purse retailer looking to sponsor newcomer vigilantes
The corporation will sponsor a women who has performed public acts of heroism. Grants guild membership. Decent pay. Must disclose identity. Must carry the newest Lisa-Marie purse. If you defeat a criminal or monster in public you must say the company motto to a tv drone, "Grace is never out of place!". One spot available.

GUILD HQ to unveil memorial statues, Mayor Wright to speak
Hiring vigilantes for the event to suppress monster activity. Low Pay. [Mission Rating 500]

• GENESIS offers power lottery
• THE ACADEMY is fast-tracking new arbitors
• EMERALD CHAMPAGNE looking to sponsor newcomer vigilantes

Ambient Crime Volume: 1
Ambient Monster Volume: 1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2020, 02:43:26 pm »

"I participated in GENESIS's power lottery so I could have a power to help with detaining criminals. I will still atend school as normal and will not purposely place myself in situations I know I can't handle"

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2020, 03:36:38 pm »

Elizibeth's mother flees inside. Her father makes a stern face, "You are breaking your mother's heart. You think this is the life we wanted for you? Get out of here, not under our roof. Go!"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2020, 03:42:48 pm »

"I thought you would have liked that I intend to help people" Leave and investigate looking for criminal activity

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2020, 03:25:18 am »

She's interested in improving her flute playing abilities.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2020, 05:36:12 am »

"Of course. There is a solo in the band recital, I'll give it to you."

Aubriella practices her part and gets much better at her flute. At the performance, while she is still an amateur her playing connects with the souls of the audience. However, no one remembers how it ended, it seems the entire crowd passed out momentarily.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2020, 07:12:11 am »

Try and see if I train flute playing to where I can do with more than put people to sleep with my playing, gonna see if I can expand on this power.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 08:24:28 am by King Zultan »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2020, 07:09:01 am »

#2.

AUBRIELLA DOWNS
Could she put larger crowds to sleep? She tried in public places. And she tried different songs, obviously lullabies worked best. Playing louder, yes more coverage but too harsh and it didn't work at all. The deaf and hard of hearing were unaffected, or those listening to headphones. Playing through phones, speakers, or hearing aids, it didn't transfer. She better understood her limitations, but she couldn't seem to push her gift to perform more. It wasn't a skill to master, just a power to be understood.

Different wind instruments didn't work. But what about a special flute? She snapped her finger jovially with her idea. But she would probably have to tell her parents about everything if she was going to get something like this made.

ELIZABETH HUNT
She pushed off the cardboard and plastic she had used as a blanket and sat up on the bench. After rubbing her eyes she realized she heard something. Bingo!

There were no other public actions.

OWL avian pet company looking to sponsor newcomer vigilantes
The corporation will sponsor bird lovers who have performed public acts of heroism. Grants guild membership. Low pay. Must wear logo on uniform, must provide your own uniform. Must bring a pet bird when you engage a criminal or monster in public, it must be a different species than others sponsored. If you don't have one, a trained owl of random species will be provided. Can remain anonymous. Avian veterinary services and supplies provided.

Metal girl spotted fighting crime!
A teenager identified as Elizabeth Hunt has been performing acts of heroism using uncanny liquid metal power to sneak up on predators of the homeless. Parents unavailable for comment.

• LISA-MARIE purse retailer looking to sponsor newcomer vigilantes
• GENESIS offers power lottery
• THE ACADEMY is fast-tracking new arbitors
• EMERALD CHAMPAGNE looking to sponsor newcomer vigilantes

Ambient Crime Volume: 1 (-1 +1)
Ambient Monster Volume: 2 (+1)
Quote from: Live
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11