Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Are all religions/guilds a "nomadic elven group"?  (Read 1119 times)

Stormfeather

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Are all religions/guilds a "nomadic elven group"?
« on: February 08, 2020, 02:08:03 pm »

Pretty much what the title says. I've had one religion and three guilds that I've been building locations for in my fort, and as a side effect have been setting orders to build statues for their temples/halls related to that group. In the process, I've noticed that each of the four thus far in the "details" screen for the statues describes the group as a "nomadic elven group."

Mostly I'm wondering if this is a bug that should be reported (by me or by whoever might beat me to it), or just some quirk of my worldgen or something.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Are all religions/guilds a "nomadic elven group"?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 02:15:38 pm »

Druids have a [RESPONSIBILITY:RELIGION] position mentioned to do something with the new system that in 44.12 and the past used to cause crashes similar to goblins [CHAT_WORTHY] errorless ones. (havent tried for 47.xx, but ill have a go and get back here in a edit whether it works to adding one to dwarves or each race)
  • The fact there's a straight-faced dwarven god of trees & rain inside my fortress and that i've seen natural forces in my temple selection and mind-relationships screens inclines me to agree with you

*Much awaited edit* - It was successful and adding a dwarf religious head using the Druid format worked, i have no idea on actualised effect though or whether dwarves are in mega persecution mode. I will play a fortress further and observe and read legends events for more information.

Here's the raws i used on [ENTITY:MOUNTAIN]
« Last Edit: February 08, 2020, 02:35:39 pm by FantasticDorf »

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Are all religions/guilds a "nomadic elven group"?
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 03:32:25 pm »

Seperate post for a seperate point, In-play fortress mode it doesn't eliminate the presence of dig-deep disaster spheres but all elf spheres spare for a little bit of bleeding-out of a few human religions based on proximity meant that its much more contained. Screen has the default dwarf spheres, 2 worshippers of a dig-deep-fort religion (bugged) & all dwarven spheres.

No monks have generated in this world in which i do believe to be consequential or just coincidental if dwarves are applying the bootheel to upstarts in their 200 year lifespan. edit - i ran a longer 200 year world and its still pretty stable, monk societies have formed and are staying put.

Double edit - For anybody i linked in to this post, human religions & prophets are still quite influencial, so by the 200 year mark your Dwarves might be well versed in a very large pantheon of foriegn gods.

Triplicate edit - While the above is true, prophets appear to be bugged, as they will generate religious spheres unrelated to the entity's [SPHERE_ALIGNMENT] at random in given due time.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 04:47:08 am by FantasticDorf »