Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Diety spawn rates  (Read 803 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Diety spawn rates
« on: February 08, 2020, 05:23:15 pm »

Did the amount of gods a civ has change in the new release? I remember pantheons usually consisting of 10 or less gods, but while going through legends mode I've encountered civs with almost 60 gods. Not sure if that's an intended feature or if I should report it as a bug.

57 gods in a single civs pantheon.

Also having 100s of monestaries being generated in my world, is that a bug too? Are they somehow related?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diety spawn rates
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2020, 06:14:27 pm »

To virtually the same question, my response of adding a [RESPONSIBILITY:RELIGION] noble on the civ level to dwarves seemingly happened to fix the chaotic nature of how gods are being generated, but didnt stop the dig-deep diaster sphere-gods. => my initial post is here, but i recently also posted to the modding forums <=

Dont feel blocked on my part if you want to make a issue report, im still deep into researching this on a 205 world with like 20-30 monastaries (i didnt spend time counting them) but it seems balanced for the history over time, ill just tag it on later. The Dwarven Patriarch (my idea of a dwarven supreme head of church) is doing a good job even if they are a blatent ripoff of the druid but only slightly less prominence and significantly less power.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2020, 10:05:24 pm »

Seems to be intended. If they have overlapping spheres - specifically, the same spheres in a different order - that's probably a bug. Otherwise, we should expect dwarves to have somewhere around 30 gods or so. There's...quite a bit of deviation in that.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 04:33:06 am »

Seems to be intended. If they have overlapping spheres - specifically, the same spheres in a different order - that's probably a bug. Otherwise, we should expect dwarves to have somewhere around 30 gods or so. There's...quite a bit of deviation in that.

Chaosvolt ran some tests for me with a singular pantheon as the only religion in the world and came back with 14+ unrelated spheres despite my best efforts, the method should be easily reproducible. Prophets as the responsible party don't seem to care about current order of civilization spheres (vs things like sphere alignment) before preaching the creation of new gods so id definitely say its a bug.