Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Guest Necromancer  (Read 4948 times)

Staalo

• Bay Watcher
  • It's all for the betterment of Dwarfkind - honest!
    • View Profile
Re: Guest Necromancer
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2020, 03:35:34 pm »

In my fort a necromancer arrived in the first migrant wave... along with his wife. Some time later the couple had a baby daughter.

I now have all kinds of horrible ideas about what the family life of a necromancer dad would be like.
Kasmko Taldequihu, Human Criminal corrupted zombie is visiting.
Mong Todsporro, Human Criminal death zombie is visiting.

Uhhh... welcome?

ToadChild

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2020, 04:29:20 pm »

I made mine my baron.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2020, 06:40:43 pm »

My guest necromancer just saved my fortress from an invasion. 93 dorfs reduced to 23 by the time the last Invader died. Quick look at the records indicates that:
1) The last Invader was killed by a punch to the brain by an "empty slayer".
2) Actual surviving dorfs is in fact 2, the rest of the citizens in my list are now empty slayers (thanks to the necromancer).

These empty slayers, after recovering in hospital for a bit, are going back to work, doing whatever they were doing before, brewing booze, butchering animals, constructing coffins (ironically all the things they don't need themselves).

I can't actually change their labours, but otherwise my fortress seems recoverable. Bonus that they all feel nothing about the bodies and stuff they'll be cleaning up for the next year.

Thanks necro guy! Please don't take them with you when you leave.

--
And now the hunter empty slayer is recovered. He's out hunting wild boar with the aid of heavy fog. Awesome.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2020, 07:01:01 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

basedbeans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2020, 09:11:53 pm »

My guest necromancer just saved my fortress from an invasion. 93 dorfs reduced to 23 by the time the last Invader died. Quick look at the records indicates that:
1) The last Invader was killed by a punch to the brain by an "empty slayer".
2) Actual surviving dorfs is in fact 2, the rest of the citizens in my list are now empty slayers (thanks to the necromancer).

These empty slayers, after recovering in hospital for a bit, are going back to work, doing whatever they were doing before, brewing booze, butchering animals, constructing coffins (ironically all the things they don't need themselves).

I can't actually change their labours, but otherwise my fortress seems recoverable. Bonus that they all feel nothing about the bodies and stuff they'll be cleaning up for the next year.

Thanks necro guy! Please don't take them with you when you leave.

--
And now the hunter empty slayer is recovered. He's out hunting wild boar with the aid of heavy fog. Awesome.

Eventually they should petition for citizenship and you can control them normally. Rotten Corpses (the unfortunate and confusing random name for my intelligent undead) make up my entire military and most of the labor force now.
Pages: 1 [2]