Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Moss not growing  (Read 6254 times)

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Moss not growing
« Reply #45 on: February 15, 2020, 10:29:14 am »

@anewaname: you were right, after painstalkingly checking every mud tile the moss grows under it. So nothing here. The under-lake attempts have been stymied by layer after layer of heavy aquifier obsidian of all things! The caverns below seem unaffected by lake biome. I'm sorry I cannot be of More use in this thread, not having moss is quite a pickle in some scenarios.
Obsidian shouldn't be aquifer carrying, so something is wrong there. If obsidian was aquifer carrying in uncorrupted vanilla I believe it would mean that quite a few embarks would have the magma sea essentially replaced by a huge obsidian lump with only a narrow empty space just on top of the SMR tiles (assuming the aquifer changes haven't changed where aquifers appear, only modified the amount of water they produce).

Hmm. I believe I haven't messed with any other raws than adding scales and chitin to be useable as leather (as per wiki). But that stuff under lake is obsidian, 3z levels thick, and definitively aquifier (tried to drill into it at middle level, gave damp stone warning, got through first stones, again damp stone, then whoosh). I need to check that and possibly some other stuff, but as it stands it is beyond scope of this thread.
Obsidian is typically found deep down or as (water proof!) sheaths around volcanoes/magma pipes. Conglomerate, however, is one of the aquifer supporting stones that are often found under oceans as a shallow rock. There are a couple of other kinds of rock that support aquifers, and I think they're all shallow.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2020, 07:16:10 pm »

@Ant
What's on 6z, if you were to dig stairs through the obsidian?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 07:20:23 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Ant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2020, 08:06:09 am »

@Ant
What's on 6z, if you were to dig stairs through the obsidian?

In order to not hijack the thread I put this into http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=175689.0
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]