00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 224190 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1485 on: April 01, 2020, 11:26:17 pm »

Brutal.

[18 vs 7-1] [15][15]Emma slips off of your lap, standing tensely and staring at Zachary with something that approaches regret. William steps in front of her, gently blocking the line of fire with his own body as you begin to approach. Zachary fires a shot- it goes wide, striking the metal of the ship ineffectually. You conjure forth flames from the water vapor in the stale recycled air, lashing out at your former captain of the guard. Blisters bloom across his skin as you begin to wrap him tightly in the flames. Then, with a twist of your willpower, you separate the hydrogen from the water molecules in the skin of his hand.  He screams, as his flesh boils and steams, burning up rapidly, only adding to the reaction.

[8] The las-pistol, however, was not made to deal with such heats. The hydrogen cell overheats with a sudden explosion if shrapnel. Funnily, your flames and the resulting air pressure kept the blast contained, and you cut the fires with a twist of your fingers, a puddle of water surrounding a charred and mangled body. Emma coughs, gasping for breath and hiding behind William. "SEED, Pheobe. I felt like you just stuck me in an oven!"

"Sorry Emma." You offer, sheepishly. You recognize that yes, the room is quite hotter than it was before, but its rapidly cooling.

Zachary coughs. You're surprised he's not dead.

[18 vs 20] He's charred, his right hand a burned stump of shrapnel and blood. But he continues to breath. You let your guards drop, your willpower flowing through the room. William begins to shiver, and Emma looks suddenly flush, dropping to settle in on the couch. But you're surprised by Zachary. He doesn't drift away, like you hope, instead, through cracked and bleeding lips, you can hear him pray, his will iron against your's for the time.

You draw out your cutter hilt, bringing the blade out to full length and settling the relatively cool end of the mono-tube against his chest.

"From dust and...I have called you..to dust and ash...you shall return." Zachary prays through charred lips.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: April 01, 2020, 11:29:50 pm »

Place a hand on him, and attempt to channel into him the truth about the seedships, what they are and how they go wrong, and any other relevant memories from McCreary or Alphira.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: April 01, 2020, 11:42:35 pm »

[-] Nothing happens, and Zachary bites his lip hard-- and then spits the resulting blood into your face. "I...I defy yo-you demon."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: April 01, 2020, 11:47:41 pm »

Do the same, but with our hand to create a wound that bleeds more, and direct it into his mouth.

That's the only way I know to give him Alphira's memories...  Perhaps this can still be salvaged.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 04:22:57 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: April 02, 2020, 08:57:04 am »

Are you sure we want to give this guy our blood, I mean he hates us now and making him like us might be a bad idea in the long run.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: April 02, 2020, 09:31:28 am »

Do not give blood. Drain the water from his body

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: April 02, 2020, 09:40:07 am »

I think... at this point, death is probably the best we can offer this guy.  :-\

"Captain... you're a good man. I'm sorry. I truly am."
Execution. Use the Cutter and be quick about it.

"He didn't deserve that."
"He--"

"...what are we going to do?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: April 02, 2020, 10:42:06 am »

I think... at this point, death is probably the best we can offer this guy.  :-\

"Captain... you're a good man. I'm sorry. I truly am."
Execution. Use the Cutter and be quick about it.

"He--"

"...what are we going to do?"
do we really need to talk? I don’t think we need to say anything

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: April 02, 2020, 10:45:42 am »

The talking's... as much for our own benefit as for anyone else's, really. And hopefully makes us look a little less monstrous to those watching.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: April 02, 2020, 12:59:49 pm »

Zachary spits once again, but this time you dodge out of the way, and the Cutter makes short work of him as you suffer an attack of conscience. You sit there, and Emma approaches from behind. You can feel her hand grace your shoulder. You lean into it, even as she uses her handkerchief to wipe the blood from your face. She tosses it on the corpse, helping you up. William turns away silently, vanishing into the general quarters.

"Sh...its okay. Come on, come sit down, Pheobe." Emma offers to you softly, locking the door that lay beyond Zachary. She sits next to you, taking your hand and giving it a squeeze. Then, softly, "That depends on what we want, Pheobe. What is it that we want? The destruction of SEED, or a coup in the military? What are our goals?"

When he returns, its with the bound, gagged, and unconscious second guard. He tosses the body down with a small sigh, and takes the seat Zachary previously vacated. "The bodies are going to be annoying. This isn't a Thornton owned craft."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 02:20:55 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: April 02, 2020, 03:19:13 pm »

"...Security. For us, for this world. For you. That's all I want, that's all I've ever wanted. Ever since that night the Moores sent their thugs."

Sigh. "I'd like to curl up somewhere and sort out my conscience, but that doesn't help us right now does it? We need a game plan... starting with this guard, and this vessel. What do we tell this one when he wakes, and what do we do about-- er--"

Gesture weary-like towards the remains of the late Captain Zachary.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: April 02, 2020, 03:25:27 pm »

"...Security. For us, for this world. For you. That's all I want, that's all I've ever wanted. Ever since that night the Moores sent their thugs."

Sigh. "I'd like to curl up somewhere and sort out my conscience, but that doesn't help us right now does it? We need a game plan... starting with this guard, and this vessel. What do we tell this one when he wakes, and what do we do about-- er--"

Gesture weary-like towards the remains of the late Captain Zachary.

+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: April 02, 2020, 03:38:03 pm »

[20]"If that's all you want, Pheobe, then you should die after winning the war for SEED. The world will spin on without us, until the next threat comes." Emma states, bluntly, sharply, and you can tell she meant the words to hurt, but there's impatience in her tone.

"Two great tools available to leaders, Pheobe, are manipulation and delegation." Emma continues, reaching over to squeeze your hand. "You may think you have to do everything, but you're not alone."

"William. Deal with the guard's bodies, if you please?" William looks confused and defiant for a brief moment when Emma speaks, then with a look to you, rises to leave into the general quarters. Two Warmachines step into the room with him next. The bodies are removed, and Silas enters with a container of cleaning supplies, wiping away the blood on the floor. You have the oddest feeling that they've done things like this before.

"Have you spoken to SEED again? Perhaps it could give you the authority you need to take over the military. As unreasonable as it may seem to you...it still needs you." Emma seems a little cold, as she watches them drag Zachary's corpse away, but perhaps a little sad, her thin lips pressed into a tight frown. "If it didn't you wouldn't be here. That's leverage for manipulation."

Finally, she admits, with a sniffle. "He was a pleasure to work with...the captain. I'm going to miss him."
« Last Edit: April 02, 2020, 03:52:21 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: April 02, 2020, 03:43:11 pm »

"I'm going to miss him as well.  He was strong, a true champion of the faith, even if his faith was misplaced.  I'll ask for an audience with SEED and try to press my point.  Perhaps it will listen."

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: April 02, 2020, 05:05:05 pm »

"If that's all you want, Pheobe, then you should die after winning the war for SEED. The world will spin on without us, until the next threat comes." Emma states, bluntly, sharply, and you can tell she meant the words to hurt, but there's impatience in her tone.

Ouch. :-[

Speak bitter. "He was a friend. And I had to push high treason on him like an idiot."
Softer now: "I've been listening to Alphira... I should have been listening to you. I'm sorry."

"I'll ask for an audience with SEED and try to press my point.  Perhaps it will listen."

Say this.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 381