00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 224126 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4215 on: June 30, 2020, 07:02:50 pm »

Put down weapons, put our hands up and say that we found the ship and were hoping to repair it
+1.  I wonder if the ark ship would have fuel and parts we could use to fix this reactor?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: June 30, 2020, 07:49:04 pm »

Ah-hm. Void marine.

Is void armor commonly shielded against war-nanites? If not... perhaps this is our chance to try that brain-stroke trick Alphira mentioned so long ago.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: June 30, 2020, 08:19:44 pm »

Ah-hm. Void marine.

Is void armor commonly shielded against war-nanites? If not... perhaps this is our chance to try that brain-stroke trick Alphira mentioned so long ago.
I suggest not trying to kill him.

Iris

• Bay Watcher
  • A paradox of love and righteous sin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: June 30, 2020, 08:28:36 pm »

Not trying to kill him only works if we're confident that he isn't trying to kill us.

Put down weapons, put our hands up and say that we found the ship and were hoping to repair it

Do this for now, but stay on our guard.
Quote from: AseaHeru (on Discord), Monday, June 20, 2022 10:41 PM
I still want the D. The D is love, the D is life. The D is bully.
Rewind, can't keep going
My mind keeps replaying
That night when we dove in
But now I'm sinking

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: June 30, 2020, 08:54:03 pm »

Maybe we can work something out.  He probably wants the ship fixed as well.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: June 30, 2020, 09:11:30 pm »

You quietly peel away your gun, rising with your hands lifted-- "We were only trying to fix the ship--" You begin to explain, even as the Captain cuts you off.

"Of course ya' were damn well tryin' to fix it. This thing is a state of the art Naval vessel with enough wealth on it to buy a system. You must think I'm really bloody dumb if you think that weak excuse."

[9 vs 18]"Pheonix, put your damn hands down and stop playing the fool. Can I have a moment to talk with my friend?" Cephie spits the word with venom-- and doesn't give the Captain a chance to respond as she suddenly grabs you by the front of your armor and slams you into a wall with enough force to drive the wind from your lungs. "I'm sorry, Pheonix, but are you an idiot? Are you a thrice-damned fool? Did you hit your head hard on your fall from atmos?"

"--what?" You stutter, confused by the turn of events. The Captain has lowered his weapon, watching with mild interest.

"Y'know I'm always interested in dinner theatre an' all, but I want to get back--"

"Shut up." Cephie growls to him, turning her attention back to you, even as her grip tightens on your armor. She pulls your helmet off, looking you right in the eye as she growls, pushing you into the wall harder and harder. "Who. The. Fuck. Are. You."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 09:13:23 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: June 30, 2020, 09:58:50 pm »

"I am the flame of Old Sol.  By the way... get the fuck away from me."

Push not-Iyal. Hard. Then, send out our will until the captain is incapacitated.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: June 30, 2020, 10:05:44 pm »

...right.
Definitely time for anger.

"Patchwork girl." Spit the words. Set our will twisting. "Built on scraps. Stranded on a plague rock. I fight for my place, and my soul crumbles to godhood. I try to play nice, and people like you see weakness."

Wings. Voice of the Queen.
"Is this what you expect? Apotheosis? Blood and fire?"

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: June 30, 2020, 11:05:47 pm »

Cephie of Lavoisier stumbles back, landing on her rear. Your wings bloom forth, searing into metal, destroying the display with the sudden burst of heat, of chained inferno. A respirator begins to hiss on the knightly form of the Voidmarine, protecting against the lack of available oxygen. Steam flows at your feet.

"Patchwork girl." You growl, "Flame of Old Sol. Daughter of the Void and Alphira. Built on scraps. Stranded on a plague rock. I fight for my place, and my soul crumbles to godhood. I try to play nice, and people like you see weakness!"

[15+6 vs 20+5] Your voice booms out over the bridge, bouncing off the walls. Unrestrained will and deep anger pours into it. Your very voice splits the hydrogen from water, igniting sparklers of fire where it strikes. Determination made manifest.
"Is this what you wanted from me? Apotheosis? Blood and Fire? The Wrath of Old Sol?"

Cephie flinches back from your shout, face going pale. But she is not stunned, not weakened by your power, weathering it as best she can. She rises, painfully, slowly, to growl out, "AND! Pheobe fucking Gainer!"

You hesitate, confused.

"That is your name! Stories of you will be told for the ages on this world and the next. Never forget to tell the world your name -- I'm not following a coward. I'm not following Alphira. I'm not following the Crone Sol. I'm. Following. You. How can you expect your comrades to respect you if you have no respect for what you truly are!? Why do you hide in the darkness. Why do you cower from your own light?"

The armored giant in the room slowly drops to a slouch as machines hiss open. A thin, weathered old man stumbles into a kneel. His white beard, unbraided, would fall down to his knees. His multi-hued topknot, the same. Horrifying scars and cybernetics make up most of his body. More of it is metal than flesh. His limbs-- they are barely more than interfaces for the Voidmarine carapace. His abdomen has been exchanged for a direct life support unit.

"The Twelve Moon...Clans owes...life-debt."

Your fires dwindle, and fade, as you turn to look at the man. His brogue is a whisper of a rasp made with vocal cords not used to speech without an amplifier. "We served the Rimward King -- and were rescued from Tainted Space by Regis. We...we owe the survival of our clans...to...The Line of Sol."

"And did your forefathers serve Sol?" Cephie suddenly turns to look away from you, her facemask shifting up to hide her eyes.

"Ye-yes. During...the Great...Reclaimation."

Cephie speaks to you sideways, "This is what you are -- Daughter of Sol. Your Line's First is the [Patron Saint], the [Merciful God], the Epitome of Piracy. You are the Fire of Freedom. You were born with the hope of millions - trillions already laid upon your shoulders. Wear your mantle proud, because your soul and godhood are one."
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 11:20:06 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: July 01, 2020, 12:09:24 am »

"I... I think I understand now.  Thank you, Cephie.  Captain, do you swear allegiance to me and the Line of Sol on behalf of your crew until such time as you are released?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: July 01, 2020, 12:14:23 am »

((Bahaha. That was perfect.))
((...anyway, it's time I asked for some exposition. What was the Reclamation War? Who was Old Sol?))

The-- Reclamation.
My war.

Such fools we elders are, godling: triumphant one moment, fearful the next. We are husks of what we were. Dust-- but you! You shall wield your fate like a torch!
Speak with fire, Phoebe Gainer. This is, in its own way, a triumph.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: July 01, 2020, 12:32:42 am »

The first of our Line, ancient and unknowable.  You alone have glimpsed her visage, I believe.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: July 01, 2020, 12:43:08 am »

"Within...reason. Our contract will...be forged with...favorable terms for...you." The old man wheezes, and slowly he rises, stepping back into his armor with a hiss of sealing servos.

Cephie slumps, tension leaving her shoulders. "I don't want to follow Alphira, or Sol. Those stories are gone, faded into the Dust. You want things to be different. You bloody well told a room full of aristocrats that you wanted a democracy. You use the monsters that all men fear as punching bags when you're pissed off. Don't forget it. The world won't let you."

Finally, "You're far from the Culmination, the turning of lead into gold, your true awakening, by the way."

You glance over to her, then shake your head.

"What is your name, Captain?"

"Murdach Of Valhol. I've glimpsed the gates many times, but was never granted entrance. I'm the elected Captain of the Twelve Moon Clans. I have no clan of my own--orphaned as I was on our Third Ship." The smooth, middle-aged brogue drawls, speaking in High Empyreal. "We'll hash out the contract whenever you have the time."
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 12:50:54 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: July 01, 2020, 12:53:08 am »

"Well met.  I'm not sure if you're aware of this, Murdach Of Valhol, but you have been frozen for a long, long time.  I'm afraid that some of your crew have not survived."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: July 01, 2020, 01:01:52 am »

"Such is the way of things. We'll keep'm on ice for now." Introductions over, Murdach slips into a much more comfortable Low, Old Empyreal, filled to the brim with Pirate Cant. "Void back to it. That or breathe'm, if our food is low. But considering wherein we sat down, we should still be planetside. Aye?"

You give a nod.

"Judgin' by the way my display is green, we're under water. This was a salt-flat when we made a splash. How many? Two, three hundred years?"

"A thousand or so, by my reckoning." Cephie answers, letting her mask down to reveal her red eyes and runny nose. "Had a mutiny?"

"Nah, we sent lads out to work as mercs against the Plague. Why we came here in the first place -- heard a broadcast asking for men and women of fortune. A missile was about to hit us, though, so wes went into shelter. I've got a tear all across my poor girl, but she didn't break."
« Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 01:10:59 am by 19_EgarAlnis »
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 381