00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 223746 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4305 on: July 04, 2020, 03:46:26 pm »

((I'm pretty sure it's Magnus, but I'll wait for clarification from the GM.  Three people said they suggested contacting Magnus.))
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 03:53:09 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: July 04, 2020, 03:59:48 pm »

edit for clarity.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: July 04, 2020, 04:15:05 pm »

edit for clarity.

((Thanks))
"[I am Phoenix, and I am contacting you from Mercenary's Rest.  You know me as Alphira.  I understand that you are interested in me?]"
[What do you want from me?]

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: July 04, 2020, 05:14:06 pm »

[1]"[Ah-ah.]" Magnus stares at you. Then frowns, "[Alright Ceph. That's enough fun. Give me a report.]"

"[I-i am Pheonix -- I...I used to be Alphira.]"

"[Alright, first of all, the face is all wrong. Way too young. Next, look at that hair! Alphira's hair is blood red, it's Jax's hair that's that color. Next, Alphira wouldn't be missing an arm. So stop playing.]"

"[I'm telling the truth!]"

"[Would Alphira ever claim to tell the truth!? Come on -- you have her personality report.]"

[-] You open your mouth to protest-- "Kneel!" The spikes in Lucille jam deep into your flesh, her plates threaten to break bone, and sharp shocks of pain lash every inch of you. You drop to your knee, as [NOBLE PRESENCE OVERRIDE] echoes in your brain. Fear makes your heart race -- but so does your anger. A steady beat, like a war march.

"[...that was your armor -- not your essence. Fascinating. You are not Alphira, but not Cephie. Tell me everything, before I shatter your spine.]"
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 05:26:10 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: July 04, 2020, 05:20:57 pm »

[I fell to this planet and lost my memory, I (re)learned how to fight at an academy...]
How much do we tell him?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: July 04, 2020, 05:26:44 pm »

[Lucille, deactivate.]

Unfurl our wings to demonstrate that we are of the line of Sol.

"I have created a new identity for myself, but this is Alphira's body.  What can I do to prove to you that I was Alphira so that we can move on to other matters?"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: July 04, 2020, 05:29:29 pm »

[Lucille, deactivate.]

Unfurl our wings to demonstrate that we are of the line of Sol.

"I have created a new identity for myself, but this is Alphira's body.  What can I do to prove to you that I was Alphira so that we can move on to other matters?"

+1 actually, unfurling our wings will damage cohesion, would it not be enough to create a small controlled fire near us by breaking hydrogen/oxygen bonds?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: July 04, 2020, 05:31:07 pm »

That makes sense, but let's just create some flames in our hand, and only move on to wings if he still doubts we are of the Line Sol.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: July 04, 2020, 05:36:59 pm »

I'm...I'm not Alphira...

[6] [NOBLE PRESENCE OVERRIDE] is Lucille's response to your command."Right pinky finger, activate all muscles." You bite your lip to stifle the scream of pain that feeds into your hand. Your pain nullifiers aren't working -- you feel every fracture, every twist. "Stop. Punishment shocks, continuous, twenty-five percent."

A bolt of lightning surges through you, seconds stretch into infinity as you twist and writhe constrained within your suit of armor. You cannot think, you cannot feel -- there is only pain.

"Stop."

"[Now, you ten credit knock off in ornamental armor-- tell me who you are. If you say Alphira, one more time, I'll break every bone in your body.]" A snarl twists his lips, "[I studied every document, every scrap of information about Alphira. The way she talks, the way she stands, the way she argues -- I have entire office buildings built around finding and understanding her. You. Are. Not. Alphira.]"

...pain...

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: July 04, 2020, 06:04:20 pm »

"[I didn't say that.  I said I was Alphira.  My name is Phoenix.  Are all nobles of the Empyreal this dense, or are you just a special case?]"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: July 04, 2020, 06:14:46 pm »

[I am Phoenix of Sol.]

Hotfire90

« Reply #4316 on: July 04, 2020, 06:20:19 pm »

"[I didn't say that.  I said I was Alphira.  My name is Phoenix.  Are all nobles of the Empyreal this dense, or are you just a special case?]"
Let's not antagonize the empyreal noble who can kill us with just a thought.

[I am Phoenix Sol. Leader of the humans fighting against the Plague threatening this planet.]

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: July 04, 2020, 06:21:55 pm »

If he finds out about the Plague, he will destroy the entire biosphere of this planet.

"There won't be a Plague when he finishes. But there might not even be a Biosphere. Your people will survive. I hope. But please, understand...Magnus isn't here for the plague. He's not here for this backwater rim world. He's here for you. To fight you. The Endless Nobility...they're inhuman. They don't care about one planet, or two, or even a dozen. What's one ant colony to the boot that treads upon it?]"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: July 04, 2020, 06:23:02 pm »

If he finds out about the Plague, he will destroy the entire biosphere of this planet.
this is true. I think just answering the question will be sufficient

Hotfire90

« Reply #4319 on: July 04, 2020, 06:31:01 pm »

Magnus will learn about the Plague anyway when he arrives. We have 12 years to destroy the Plague, mentioning it to him now could give us the opportunity to gain his favor by destroying the Plague ourselves without his intervention.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2020, 06:32:45 pm by Hotfire90 »
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 381