00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 221403 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #5205 on: September 29, 2020, 10:35:43 pm »

Rekhyt's eyes widen, his shoulders slumping as he looks to the floor, and a small grin creases the corners of his lips. After minutes of silence, he looks up from the tiled floor and drags his gaze to meet yours. Something burns within his eyes -- determination, maybe, or savage joy.

"Make me one, and I will swear myself to you."

"[If he takes a vow in High Empyreal, there will be consequences if he breaks it, as an Ascended.]" Cephie muses aloud in low Empyreal; she doesn't even favor Rekhyt with a glance, her eyes on you. Fascination and adoration in equal measure. "[Or we could string him along. Ascended do that to many mortals on backwaters like these.]"

You muse in --

*PING*

You glance down at your datapad, confused.

Rekhyt had found his way to your shoulder, watching with awe. The translator turning the gibberish into his Outlander Tongue, "Maybe just a suit of that armor..."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5206 on: September 29, 2020, 10:49:19 pm »

That has to be a new speed record in getting drunk with power.  I would suggest stringing him along by saying it could be a possibility at some point.

Having another Ascended sworn to us, however, could have its advantages.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2020, 11:00:44 pm by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5207 on: September 30, 2020, 07:55:05 am »

I'm not sure if he can be trusted enough to be given some of that armour or becoming ascended, so +1 to leading him along for now.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5208 on: September 30, 2020, 06:49:44 pm »

The princeling doesn't know what he's asking.

"Do you understand now the scale of this war? I'd be fighting there now, if I wasn't busy trying to keep your nation from suicide."
"Tell me, Rekhyt... what would you do with armor like that, given the chance? What would you hope to gain from its use?"

Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5209 on: September 30, 2020, 10:45:01 pm »

Explain to him that he could perish from the operation.  And die horribly at that.  It is one of the reasons ascending is so limited, besides controlling power and such.  I knew one unlucky soul who shed most of their soft tissue and then regrew it, daily.  Took almost six weeks for them to pass.  Really thought they would make it.

Anyway, it would CERTAINLY not do to have the son of an ally die screaming right before a wedding, but maybe afterwards?

Or if you want to marry him it could be your dowry.  Pass or fail, it would certainly make an impression.

I don't really see why you need to keep beating him over the head with the scale of the whole thing.  This fool has ambition enough to ask a god for their power.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5210 on: September 30, 2020, 11:04:18 pm »

Hr-mm, yes... perhaps is redundant. The princeling is awestruck anyhow.

I'm reluctant to offer him blood, dowry or otherwise-- that strength is better kept with the whole. Cybernetics, perhaps, we could arrange.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5211 on: October 01, 2020, 09:45:17 pm »

Removing all of his limbs and most of his torso and replacing that with cybernetics... he may not survive that process, given our primitive level of medical technology.  It isn't impossible that Ascension would be the safer procedure.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5212 on: October 02, 2020, 11:54:11 am »

Our pirate friends have the medical tech that could do it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5213 on: October 06, 2020, 04:56:22 pm »

If the pirates can do it safely, then I have no objections.  This whole situation, however, feels like a case of oversharing.  If you're going to pretend to be a god, it's probably generally best not to tell anyone the truth.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5214 on: October 06, 2020, 11:33:33 pm »

"I've understood the scale of the war since the Holy City fell. I've understood it since your land was poisoned and millions of your people died in the death throes of their god." Rekhyt retorts, rising to his feet and giving a stretch, "I've understood it since the greatest nation in the world came crawling to our beckon, willing to marry off their Goddess for an army." A grin curves his lips, "Things are desperate. Your victories are gained only through the zealotry of your Crusaders and kin."

Rekhyt nods, "I understand the scale of your war well. It does not change my mind. The Outlands will follow you -- but for how long? Would it not be better to have me owe you a great debt? Something that places me beneath your thumb?"

"I would find my freedom, Pheobe, with the godhood your technology offers." The man tilts his head, starting to pull on his clothing, "Is that not admirable?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5215 on: October 06, 2020, 11:39:33 pm »

"Can you be more specific?  What would you do with this newfound freedom?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5216 on: October 07, 2020, 12:17:30 am »

"Explore. Learn. Discover." Rekhyt volunteers, "Maybe help a few people along the way. Or not."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5217 on: October 07, 2020, 12:23:33 am »

"I would be willing to consider it.  However, if you swear yourself to me in that way, there would be very real and immediate consequences if you were to break your oath.  Swearing such an oath and forever following it faithfully, with no lapses, doesn't seem like the Outlander way."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5218 on: October 07, 2020, 02:52:25 pm »

What do we do if he does break the oath, as he doesn't seem like someone that would be easy to find if he wanted to stay hidden.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5219 on: October 07, 2020, 03:34:51 pm »

I never broke such an oath myself but it is severely unpleasant.  Long term damage to the body or mind, like your arm but worse.  It is not something done lightly.  Be careful not to take or have others make oaths that can be broken by accident. 
Pages: 1 ... 346 347 [348] 349 350 ... 381