00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 223767 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #5220 on: October 12, 2020, 09:41:02 pm »

Spoiler: Ascended Oaths (click to show/hide)

"That is true, isn't it, Pheobe?" Rekhyt nods, slinging his bag over his shoulder with a frown. "You learn quickly! I'm proud of you. Perhaps you can give it to me as a wedding gift. My freedom in exchange for an empire."

"Would you really trade this empire for that?" You question, raising a brow.

"I would trade more than that. I'd trade the world, but I only have an empire to give."

"And how would you deliver it to me?"

"Oh, you know. I've my ways. First is to get you accepted as an Outlander, no?"

"I suppose that would be a start."

"And not just any Outlander. One of note." He tosses a parchment map towards your side of the pool, and Cephie retrieves with a tendril of black carbon from her pile of gear, drawing it close to you and keeping the water from ruining it. "I leave the selection to you. Two will accompany you. An Outlander ally and the witness. No weapon besides a knife. No [demon magic]. Leather and iron armor."

Spoiler: Rekhyt's Notes (click to show/hide)

"These do not inspire confidence in me, Rekhyt." You murmur, as Cephie folds away the map and notes.

"But they will inspire confidence in others. You will become a legend." Rekhyt retorts, then bows, turning away. "I would make an announcement soon. Tommorow, at breakfast -- after all, what better place to call a hunt than a hunting lodge?"

You watch him slip out the door, and sigh. The water and company no longer feel warm, and you can feel your shoulders ache. You rise, dressing and retiring to your room with Cephie in tow.

There's a knock at your door, and a call for 'Breakfast!' from a cheerful servant. The bed is cold, and Cephie has already left your side. The datapad on the nightstand gives a ping, but you don't bother to look at it. Not yet.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2020, 12:40:16 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: October 12, 2020, 11:01:08 pm »

I'm getting mixed messages from this guy... he says he has no ambitions, but he's also promising us an empire?  The Ripper sounds like the one that's doing the most harm.  I would suggest choosing that one.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: October 13, 2020, 05:41:56 am »

This guy is a strange one, and yes ripper sounds like the one to kill.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: October 14, 2020, 11:33:14 pm »

You rise out of the qiviut bed, your mind set, for now, on slaying the Barker 'God' [Ripper]. You stretch your sore muscles, lifting one hand then-- not...lifting the other. A frown dances across your lips before you stifle it. Breakfast is being served soon or is in the process of being served, but you don't rush. Your energy requirements, for now, are quite low. So is the peckish hunger that picks at your stomach. You work through some stretches and isometric exercises, feeling the soreness in your muscles fade. Your shoulders feel immensely better after a long set of one-handed push ups. I seem to get sore when I don't exercise. Or fight. Muscle degradation? Or stimuli to avoid muscle degradation?

With your morning stretches and isometrics out of the way, you gather your scattered clothes and pull them on. Some are more difficult than others, but you manage and smooth out the wrinkles the best you can with your available hand. You check yourself in a copper mirror, straightening your collar.

And then, for a little too long, you stare at yourself in the mirror. Your hair is long again, hanging down to your back, your skin has tanned to match the hue of most of this planet's people -- a bronzy brown of melanin that protects from the harsh, yellow sun -- More to fit in. If a miniature sun can't give me cancer then a distant one definitely won't.

Your datapad pings, again and again, breaking you out of your reverie, and you brush the hair from your face and pick up the stolen device.

Spoiler: Tasks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Datapad (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 03:35:15 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: October 15, 2020, 02:25:22 am »

Possible tasks:

Ask Geoyde and Armsmith to determine what is needed to safely begin interstellar trade using our credits, even if it just means having goods discreetly delivered.

Also ask Armsmith and Isela what our options are for collecting more intel on the Plague.  How can we safely estimate its strength and area of control?

Determine what wealth is avaliable to us at the local bank of the fire goddess.

Reasearch how cyberwarfare is conducted in the Void.

To William: It's alright.  I'm just glad you're safe.  What did that thing put you through?

To Flesh: what are you constructing?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2020, 03:15:36 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: October 15, 2020, 03:39:28 am »

Should probably announce the plan to go kill that barker.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: October 16, 2020, 03:14:59 am »

Spoiler: Datapad (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 03:35:28 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: October 16, 2020, 03:49:12 am »

I'm also interested in the cryo-'coffins' and we should investigate that soon.

Also I had a feeling that the armour would do something terrible like that.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: October 16, 2020, 03:44:06 pm »

((Did we just lose the majority of our players?))

1.  Nothing comes to mind.
3.  No they are not.  The last thing we would want is for them to figure out that everything SEED has told them is a lie.  If they want to look up information, they can send a request to Emma, who can look up the information, make necessary redactions, and then send the requested info to the other ministers.
4.  It does sound like the Pirates would be useful for this task.
5.  Just the local Samkrend bank.  I think we already scheduled a visit to the main temple.
6.  I was wondering whether sabotage could slow down Magnus's fleet.  Our lack of technology suggests that retaliatory strikes would have little effect on us.  It could also be useful defensively if we are able to enter the Void on our own.
7.  Yes.  Let Isela know that you will be going to the site.

To Flesh: "I'll look into it."  add obtaining these items to the task list

To William: "Gods... take as long as you need.  I'm sorry you had to go through that.  Do you want the armor to be punished in some way?  Should we get rid of it?"
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 04:52:51 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: October 16, 2020, 09:41:43 pm »

((Shit happens. It's all okay. One more vote required!))

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: October 17, 2020, 08:19:42 pm »

Are we sure McCreary is dead and not mostly dead then stored in a cryo pod as material?

1. Talk with Cephie about personal enhancement like strength and speed and how to best train them.  Also maybe ask what her plans would be if you do succeed in your crazy task of taking down or fending off the noble.

2. Make the announcement at the fire temple?

3. This planet is apparently pretty far from the nearest wormhole.  Could we get anything to us faster then the noble will get here?  Space manipulation could theoretically be used for trade if there have been advancements to it, but wormholes are the gold standard of FTL travel.

4. I would recommend focusing scouting on the scar of the holy city and the front to support the war effort.  Any scouting of the edges give only limited benefit as the crusaders can not really project force out there anyway.

7.  Again the cryo coffins could be anything from a SEED experiment that the numbers are KEEPING FROM YOU to the original source materials for the cloning.  Did we get confirmation that this ship is where McCreary came from?  If so then SEED might have learned about it before Nicole.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: October 17, 2020, 08:34:27 pm »

((The ship in question is the ark ship that was constructed by SEED. Just to clarify a point.))

>Fifty years ago the only advancement was an AI controlled ship that managed to hit .99 light speed. It was still slower than the Empyrean Relay System. It was also tiny.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: October 17, 2020, 09:07:50 pm »

Ah, misunderstood.

Maybe the best thing you could trade for then would be designs for things above the technical abilities of the SEED database.  Maybe some advanced gene mods to add to the loomed humans?  Seems like that would have to wait until several iterations of advancement though.

Though a dedicated courier or trade ship might make better time then a war fleet.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: October 18, 2020, 01:49:46 am »

Maybe we could take down the Empyreal Relay System, or at least the nearest relay.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: October 18, 2020, 07:36:34 am »

Do we even know where the nearest relay is to do anything to it, and wouldn't something like that be at least somewhat guarded?
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 381