00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 224264 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act IV: The Crusaders of Holy Phoenix
« Reply #5265 on: November 07, 2020, 01:51:38 am »

Ah... why did you consume your ancestors?  This is not proper.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: November 07, 2020, 02:33:31 am »

Not sure what you guys were expecting!

FORBIDDEN AND ABOMINATION were on the package!

LETS GO CONSUME THE PLAGUE AND BECOME IT PLAGUELORD SOUNDS FUN!

Is that a joke> Who the hell knows!

Also to our dear abomination, I would recommend either going with that lie or returning to your base in bloody glory.  Burn it out of any who would oppose you, family and soldier, number and servant.  Make them all fear the power you possess.  Consume the other ascended of carbon, break your twin lovers over your knee and make them little more then an extension of yourself.

Either choice seems FIIIIIIINE.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2020, 02:37:27 am by VoidSlayer »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5267 on: November 07, 2020, 02:40:16 am »

...I would very much not recommend slaughtering innocent people and killing your kin.  Have you gone mad, Void Slayer?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: November 07, 2020, 02:50:24 am »

I have burned worlds.  Destroyed stars.  Extinguished entire peoples.

I did it at the bidding of another, with the restraint of another to temper the desire for success.

But that is all gone.  The true ruler is dead, the empire is a corrupt mockery and it's people slaves or monsters.

Phoenix has always had this power, this drive.  To take it in and reshape the world.  With false illusions or a rain of steel and sorrow her will be done.  To forge a new path or tear down heaven.

I WILL NOT JUDGE HER!

But I will offer what I can for whatever desires drive now onward, foul or fair.

To be fair, yes going all angel of destruction does seem overblown.  But eat that carbon ascended if it wont break a vow.  No one has to know but us.  Grab her space craft, her power, her life.

I will not judge.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: November 07, 2020, 03:18:47 am »

I...I don't...want to. I couldn't control myself. I was flooded with memories that were not mine. Pains and grudges and old anger. Fear and wrath. I had to keep myself alive. Like with Alphira. Like with my arm...I couldn't...I'm sorry...P̴l̸e̸a̸s̷e̷ ̶d̷o̵n̷'̸t̶ ̷h̶a̵t̴e̸ ̸m̷e̸.̵

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: November 07, 2020, 03:23:56 am »

It's alright.  I can hardly criticize your actions if you weren't in control of yourself.  I was just worried that you might have done those things voluntarily.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: November 07, 2020, 04:01:37 am »

[17][13][16][17]
[16][10][7]With a twist of your willpower, you set yourself to work. Silicon is purified into glass. Ferrous chloride is formed then trapped to form a field of bright green. You capture iron oxide, shaping it into a variety of reds. Your willpower runs away with your emotions for a time, an hour maybe, and a field of flowers blooms from the hangar floor.

Fire poppies -- and it was my decision. My choice. I did it to survive.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: November 07, 2020, 04:10:23 am »

These people would certainly be defeated at Magnus's hands without you, but with that being said the end does not always justify the means.  You hate death, but are there things you hate more than death?  You love life, but are there things you love more than life? 

Would you kill and eat a baby in order to survive?  Would you consume all lifeforms on the planet in order to survive, as the Plague would?  I recommend that you consider these questions and reflect.

The poppies are a lovely gesture.  I see nothing wrong with telling the Crusaders that these men died in battle with Demons.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2020, 03:03:17 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: November 07, 2020, 02:12:34 pm »

Looks like things didn't go as bad as it seemed like they could have, to bad the ship's dead.

But yes telling them they died fighting seems like a good way to put it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: November 07, 2020, 08:27:29 pm »

Well, they *did* die from demons. The old, old meaning of demon, from when we first fell to this planet.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: November 09, 2020, 01:23:56 am »

[10]Anger flares forth from within for the briefest of moments. Around your feet, iron spikes and red silicon twist out of the ruined Arkship floor. Small fires of hydrogen ignite atop them, burning the metal with a cold blue flame.Do not speak to me of morals, Phillip -- White Star. Your voice urged the loudest for my Apotheosi-- A force of will projects, and the fires are quenched and the spikes are dulled.

I'm sorry. You were only doing what was best for this world. The future people of this world. That...that is what it means to be Ascended, doesn't it? Forget your ties to the current. Think only of the future...

...That is what you wanted me to learn, isn't it? More control with my affections, the people I take up around me.

[26 vs. 8] Human-- Mortals. Are easy to fool. As soon as the extraction team arrives, they rush to the aid of their god, their angel of war. They wrap you in blankets. One of the attached Clan technicians checks your blood pressure, your blood sugar -- anything they can.You watch them patiently and quietly. Not one of them doubts your story. "We need to get you to the [ascended health team], back at base." They quietly explain, and you go along with it.

Within nine hours you're sitting in a bed tucked away into the military quarters of Stormmont. The emergency medical staff bandages your wounds professionally. They apply hemostatic powders, disinfectants, and whatever else they can provide. Your vitals are checked and logged. They expect nothing more than your good health.

[4 vs. 19] Isela, on the other hand, wants more. A debriefing. Not out of distrust -- but because of a new strategy she's implementing. You question her about it to deflect, not yet agreeing to any such meeting. If she noticed anything odd, she's playing along for now.

"This was supposed to be a...more organized pitch." Isela begins, adjusting her uniform unconsciously, "I've been studying the Skarin Clan military manuals and assorted works they've...brought along?" She shrugs, sitting down next to you.

You listen quietly.

"And...we've been fighting this war all wrong. The Crusader-- our military, as we are a united force now...they held a doctrine that war could be solved by throwing men and money at a conflict. If that failed, our 'god' would save us."

You raise your brow.

"Well, it didn't this time." She tacks on, sharply. "I want to reform our armies. All of them. House forces. Crusaders. Outlanders. Skarinites. Whatever. Then we need to pivot to a more information and science based strategy." She shakes her head, staring at you. "Sorry, this probably seems like the ravings of a lunatic--"

"No. This is good. Please, continue."

"I want Thortons to fulfill a heavy weapons role. The Outlanders for [recon] and force [recon]. The Clans? Recon and...scorched earth roles. Technical advisors and trainers...what are you thinking so far?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: November 09, 2020, 01:46:26 am »

You make a good point.  I did advocate for assimilating the Dust, though I must say that I very much did not suggest killing our Ancestors.  As an Ancestor myself, that makes me... nervous.  The difference is that your assimilation didn't hurt anyone... or, well, more accurately, didn't intend to hurt anyone.  However, I do understand your perspective.  I know that you bear a heavy burden, and I apologize if I was too hard on you. 

But please, for the love of the Gods, don't eat the Line.

"I agree with your vision.  We've staved off ruin for the moment, so now we have some space to organize and plan.  Have you identified any areas where we are sorely lacking, where our current forces are unable to fulfill an important role?"
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 07:23:10 pm by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: November 09, 2020, 09:48:25 am »

Please do not kill any more ancestors as I like the thought of continuing to exist.

Also this new military plan sounds like its better than what we've been doing.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: November 10, 2020, 08:26:37 am »

I concur.

I, too, appreciate my existence.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: November 10, 2020, 08:13:50 pm »

"Air support. Uh...something called a [tank, armored fighting vehicle] would help. We could employ [lightning war lit. Blitzkrieg]."

My survival is of importance, yes? Consider this then. Without the memories and minds of those Elders I would never have regained control. I will refrain from it again -- until I need it to survive.
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 381