00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 224084 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act IV: The Goddess of War
« Reply #5310 on: November 24, 2020, 03:28:36 am »

That was awesome!  As for this creature... you should not be swayed by honeyed words, though I must admit I am curious as to what it has to say for itself.  Also... is that silicon manipulation?  I am worried about what that might imply.  A Plague Lord may have risen.

"The terms of your peace?  You offered a temporary truce and refused to consider any lasting agreement.  Give me one good reason not to strike you down right here, right now."
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 05:15:35 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5311 on: November 24, 2020, 04:35:44 am »

I wouldn't trust anything this thing says nor would I trust it to keep any agreement we make with it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5312 on: November 24, 2020, 08:15:23 am »

Say nothing, kill the plague, kill the plague lord

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5313 on: November 24, 2020, 10:28:02 pm »

If you are going to speak to it do it as a queen with gold in your voice.  You are a ruler not some broken child it tried to bully before.

You need to push back your will or it will move in.  Even if it really wants to negotiate, little chance of that as there is, it's nature will corrupt even where it does not mean to.

Of course if you arrrrrrre thinking of breaking with traditions, keeping a plague on a reservation here ready to be unleashed on your enemies with powered up weapons might be FUUUUN. But only if they would actually submit and surrender and back off and allow you to weaponize them, which I doubt would happen.

Ive been freed from a lot of old thinking and you should too.  Don't think of the plague as an enemy but as INCREDIBLY dangerous like holding a scorpion.  It will sting you and wants to but like you could still keep it as a pet if your deranged!  Oh sorry not meaning to judge ha.

Also would probably have to kill everyone else here, but whats one more annihilation of your trusted allies?  A bad idea?  Yeaaaaah.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 10:30:06 pm by VoidSlayer »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5314 on: November 24, 2020, 11:44:47 pm »

[11+9] vs. [7+5]/[14+5][6+5] "You are addressing me wrong. No longer am I a broken child for you to bully--" You tilt your head to one side. "BOW." Your voice echoes through the city. One of the colossi shudders, before lowering its 'head' to the ground. The other slams its face into the plaza with such violence that debris and dust rise from the masonry. The 'plague lord' shivers, curling in on itself as it tries to fight your influence. Were it here in the flesh, no doubt, it would put up more of struggle, but the projection obeys.

You hover closer, "I am the empress of this world. No more negotiation. No more compromise. Worship me as your goddess. Serve me. Or die."

[29+5] vs. [20+5] It struggles to rise, struggles to retort. It convulses, its silicon wings crumpling and reforming as it attempts to control itself. You assert your pressure, your mind, your willpower. The colossi twitch as blood begins to drip from your nose.

[22/29] vs. [8/13] Your iron halo splits apart. You twist the edges into cruel blades, dragging iron molecules against one another until they turn into blurs of razor sharpness. You slam these into the colossi. Chunks of infected blood and flesh fly as you saw your way through their shells and their sinews. They scream in static--

[25/9] vs. [19/6] --but only until you use savage spears of iron to seal their mouths shut.

[24/29] vs. [20/16] They struggle against you. One even succeeds in leveraging itself free of your willpower--but it finds no freedom. The earth opens up, and great spikes of silicon and iron twist into their flesh, sprouting right through and keeping them pinned --...like butterflies on a board.

You don't even look down at the colossi as you finish sawing their heads off. Hydrogen would have been cleaner. Quicker, but you relish the black ooze that pours from their twitching trunks-- "Tell me, vermin. Why shouldn't I kill you right now?"

We are-- powerful--

Something feels heavy in your pocket, and you reach into it with your free hand -- using a twist of light to hold a silencing finger to the Plague Lord. A small gold and rusted silver coin sits heavy in your palm. You blink down at it, then, turn back to the projection. "I'll make a deal with you, beast. If this lands on silver, I will bow. I will subordinate myself to you for good or ill and join you. If it lands on gold-- I will burn you from this world until you bow. Until you worship. Deal?"

The Projection gives a faint twist of its head -- in a nod.

You flip the coin.

Gold.

Again.

Gold.

And again.

Gold.

Gold.

Gold.

"Shame. Two more?"

Gold.

Gold.

[11+9 vs 6+5] With a burst of flames you burn away the Projection. Mentally. Physically. You leave not but a glassed avenue. You drift down to your followers, and Eric approaches, food in hand. You pop the nanofeast into your mouth and swallow. Instantly your rumbling stomach is filled as carbohydrates and fat are manufactured within you.

"Mother Pheonix that was--"

"Deus Vult.

"W-what?"

"I will it. Remember that, Eric. It's an old tongue -- it means God Wills it. It means I will it."

The other Crusaders lower themselves to their knees. Eric gives you a glance-- and sinks into the bloody street in a kneel. His cutter flares to life, and he bows with it lit. "Deus Vult." You rest a hand on Eric's helmeted head, looking over your ichor-stained, devout ...fanatical maniacs.. The Skarinite camera crew looks over the devastation, taking sweeping shots of the bound and butchered Colossi. The Void Marine shifts -- uncomfortable? You fix it with your gaze-- "Deus Vult." A feminine voice chimes from within the powered armor.

I tire of this game. How shall I end it? A rain of acid until this city is no more? Should I bring forth a star? Devour this city with the very earth? Or make the gutters run with the blood of the Plague and erect a monument to our Line from the iron?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 12:00:21 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5315 on: November 25, 2020, 12:30:00 am »

I bow to you.  You should do as you see fit, but I will say that there could be propaganda value in a lasting monument.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 03:43:59 am by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5316 on: November 25, 2020, 12:42:54 am »

I think bringing the city underground would be a way to both make sure pieces of plague don’t spread while also not rendering the area uninhabitable. Acid may also work

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5317 on: November 25, 2020, 02:26:59 am »

I have no advice to offer at this moment. Only awe. Phoebe Vult.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5318 on: November 25, 2020, 07:21:27 am »

Burning the city to the ground and build a monument sounds like a pretty good message.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5319 on: November 28, 2020, 11:55:39 pm »

I will turn the city to glass. What type of monument to our Line should I build? I am unskilled in architecture and design. Flowers. Memorials I can build. But not something that can represent a Line as grand and old as ours.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:03:16 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5320 on: November 29, 2020, 12:09:16 am »

A monument to ourselves seems a bit megalomaniacal, wouldn't you agree?  I think something commemorating the brave sacrifices of our Crusaders would be more fitting.  I'm not sure about the form, but maybe something like a statue of fully kitted out Crusaders, complete with gas masks, bravely overcoming creatures of the Plague?
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:20:58 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5321 on: November 29, 2020, 04:52:22 am »

That sounds like a good one, lets do that.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5322 on: November 29, 2020, 06:17:02 pm »

Without us this planet would have fallen to chaos and Plague. We deserve a monument. But if that is unanimous...?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5323 on: November 30, 2020, 04:24:15 am »

I like the sound of the proposed one, and you can make or commission one of yourself later.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5324 on: November 30, 2020, 07:58:32 pm »

Maybe include yourself as a flat geometric figure lifting the crusader up with wing unfurled?  Perfect and grand in comparison to the detailed and mortal figure of the crusader.
Pages: 1 ... 353 354 [355] 356 357 ... 381