00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 224161 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act IV: The Goddess of War
« Reply #5340 on: December 05, 2020, 03:54:02 pm »

We've already pushed our soldiers to the breaking point.  We need fresh troops, so our best bet may be to wrap up securing the alliance with the Outlanders.  Void Slayer, do you have any other ideas?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2020, 05:07:11 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5341 on: December 06, 2020, 09:47:09 pm »

The elevator whirls to a stop, and you step off into the smooth 'concrete' floor of the hangar. The usual hustle and bustle of the flight attendants and material handlers is absent. A quiet stillness fills the spacious hall. William and Emma stand at the very end. At the sudden drop off that plunges into the abyss below the fortress. A cold wind blows across the halls.

William stands tall and proud. His body is bulky with synthetic muscle beneath the bulging demonic armor. Black fur hangs down his back, and his gold and red hair flutters in the breeze. A Warmachine Cutter hilt hangs from his belt, and impossibly blue eyes track you as you approach. There is no mirth in them. No savage joy.

Emma stands quietly, a distortion of her elder brother. A clean leather duster falls around her slender figure. The coat is strapped tightly with a shield belt and a glimmering gun labeled 'For Polly.' Her icey blue eyes find you the same moment William's do.

Their willpowers test at your own briefly, then withdraw.

"Pheonix." Emma begins, shifting to rest a hand on her belt.

"Emeralda." You reply, curt and calm. "What was so important that I had to interrupt my rest to see you?"

"Our Ancestors are concerned. So are we."

"About?"

Emma withdraws her datapad and tosses it to you.

Spoiler: Battlenews Feed (click to show/hide)

"There's a problem with this?" You question, with a blank face.

"Cephie explained the concept of [Amaranthe] to us. So did the Ancestors. We know about the cryo-coffins. We know that you did something you shouldn't."

"Is this a trial, Emeralda?"

"Not yet."

[4] Your temper flares. Your wings burst from your back, all fifty-five meters of them, burning into the building. They fill the hangar with heat. Emma doesn't flinch. The metal and stone begin to hiss where the reaction comes into contact. You keep enough sense to cut the heat before any structural damage is done, but you struggle to remain in control. Spikes of iron and glass begin to twist themselves from the floor.

[5] Emma doesn't flinch. Her wings unfurl. Pure and white and clean. Smaller, only reaching twice her size, but she doesn't flinch at your show of force. William flexes, and the demonic mask seals over his face.

"You dare to judge me?! After all I've done for you?!" You shout with your fist clenching at your side. Your fingernails dig into the flesh of your palm.

[3] William is tensing. The demonic armor's eyes are gleaming red. His muscles twist -- adrenaline and stimulants are no doubt flooding his system.

Cephie swaggers out from behind you, masking her willpower. She's clad in the black armor of her Line. All scandalous reveal and sharp edges. She tilts her head as she looks between the three of you with mild curiosity. "Do you need help, Pheobe?" She asks, innocently.

[30 vs 13] You slam a wall of silicon into her, sending her sprawling -- a strange collar tumbles out of her hand and onto the floor in front of you.

[23] You keep enough sense to not rip your three 'friends' apart, but only just. The sound of ancient drums echoes in your ears -- matching your pounding heart.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5342 on: December 06, 2020, 10:23:06 pm »

"I indeed did do something that our Ancestors consider 'amaranthe,' in order to give me the necessary strength to defeat Magnus and the Plague, but desperate times call for desperate measures.  Are you aware that a Plague Lord has risen?  We need to focus on protecting our people rather than fighting amongst ourselves.  Everything I did was to better protect you and the peoples of the Holyland."

Gather our will and be prepared to pacify them with it, but wait for them to make the first move.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5343 on: December 06, 2020, 11:01:10 pm »

"Put on the collar. Then we talk." Emma interrupts.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5344 on: December 06, 2020, 11:03:12 pm »

"I'll put on the collar as long as you tell me what it is."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5345 on: December 06, 2020, 11:04:37 pm »

"A willpower nullifier." Cephie volunteers. Rising from the ground and rubbing at her broken nose. She pops it back into place.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5346 on: December 06, 2020, 11:06:43 pm »

"Okay, but just swear to me that you will hear me out.  I did not expect this sort of treatment from those who call themselves my allies."  Put on the collar.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5347 on: December 06, 2020, 11:24:16 pm »

Put on the collar
"Okay, but just swear to me that you will hear me out.  I did not expect this sort of treatment from those who call themselves my allies."  Put on the collar.
I think we’re the ones who messed up up, we’re the ones who pushed Cephie against the wall, we unfurled our wings first, they responded defensively

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5348 on: December 06, 2020, 11:33:10 pm »

I agree that we shouldn't have allowed ourselves to get so angry.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2020, 11:38:42 pm by ZBridges »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5349 on: December 06, 2020, 11:39:16 pm »

Question, why in the name of all good things would we wear a willpower nullifier? How long are we agreeing to wear this thing?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5350 on: December 06, 2020, 11:49:49 pm »

Alienating our "allies" isn't something that I think we can afford.  I can only hope that they won't imprison or execute us.  Maybe we could extract a promise from them?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5351 on: December 06, 2020, 11:58:57 pm »

(( Flare.))

...these people are nothing more than traitorous criminal scum! One has betrayed me to the Nobility, one has tried to kill me, and the other broke my heart. Why should I listen to anything these scum say?! How do I know that they will not rip me apart the moment I am weak!? Anger burns brightly within your heart. Your blood boils. And how can I even trust any of you?! They say that you're within them, advising them against me?!

[2] You begin to accelerate the equation that burns hydrogen within your wings. The metal and stone beneath your feet and above your head begin to melt away.

"Why should I trust any of you?!" Tears begin to burn within your eyes.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 12:03:21 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5352 on: December 07, 2020, 12:18:27 am »

We didn't turn on you, even when you consumed our fellow Ancestors, and we won't now.  I can't speak for the copies of ourselves inside others, but have we ever done anything less than try to help you?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5353 on: December 07, 2020, 12:20:06 am »

We want the plague destroyed and the planet intact. Once Magnus is defeated and the Plague is destroyed, then we can begin the making of a new ship so we can explore the stars like you mentioned wanting to do, but first, we need to destroy the plague and Magnus, and to do either of those things we need allies

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5354 on: December 07, 2020, 12:37:52 am »

[6]"You sent me into meat grinders. Into war and slaughter and bloodshed. You pushed me into consuming myself. You pushed me into madness! Now-NOW YOU PLAY INNOCENT?" Pheonix growls, her voice echoing out across the hangar, across the mountains. Dust shakes itself free of the hangar ceiling. Her muscles clench, "You were supposed to protect me!"

[11]"Oh? And then what? Every Ascended will know what I've done. Every Line will look upon me with disgust and revulsion -- they already do." She slumps down, suddenly weak.

"Phe-Pheobe--" Emma begins to step forward.

"Stay the fuck back or I swear to all the gods--everything is for this shit hole of a planet! Everything is for this worthless speck of dust and these pathetic mortals! Everything!"

Pheonix curls in on herself, her wings slicing through the roof of the building.

[1]"You don't have access to my thoughts...not all of them...let...let me show you something..." Arithmetic. A complex, self-sustaining nuclear fusion -- one that would burn away everything. Atmosphere. Water. The planet would be a dead, lifeless rock. Every atom in Pheonix's body would be consumed to power this horrifying construct of science and willpower. "Why does this world matter? A Plague Lord is going to rise. Devour it all. Gone. Gone. I could just end it. End it all. It'll be quicker."
Pages: 1 ... 355 356 [357] 358 359 ... 381