00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 224132 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act IV: The Goddess of War
« Reply #5355 on: December 07, 2020, 12:52:59 am »

Now that's a threat they'll do well to heed. You don't argue with Armageddeon -

Oh. Oh, you weren't talking to them.

I am guilty, Phoebe. I have no defense.

My fellow advisors, we are being judged. Choose your course wisely.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2020, 12:59:32 am by Eschar »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5356 on: December 07, 2020, 12:57:27 am »

Do you want all the children on this world to die?  Do you really want to kill your lover, Cephie, and your kin?  Your people pray to you for salvation, for help in their darkest hour.  To destroy this world would be the worst betrayal imaginable. 

You can stop the Plague Lord.  I know you can, if you choose to push yourself and work with others.  I will push you no longer.  If you still hold any love for these people, any love at all, I know that you'll do the right thing.  But if not, perhaps it truly is better to cease to be.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5357 on: December 07, 2020, 01:02:15 am »

I will not force you to further depths in your fight against the Plague. But nor do I counsel you to abandon this planet to its maw or to burn it blank yourself. Primum non nocere.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5358 on: December 07, 2020, 07:43:47 am »

You gotta do what's right for the people of this planet you promised them, also I say don't put on the collar as a collar is what you put on a pet or a slave and they don't own you, nor can they.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5359 on: December 07, 2020, 10:19:39 am »

Destroying the plague lord is necessary, it will be a major setback to the plague as a whole, though there could be a way to do it without using yourself as a fusion bomb. The people here care about you, and if the planet still exists after the Plague is destroyed, then the people will be able to continue developing, mounting defenses against future Plague attacks, potentially

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5360 on: December 07, 2020, 10:40:39 am »

Yeah, don't accept the collar. They don't own you, and having your willpower restricted is a bad idea. It leaves you defenseless. And weaponless too- do they really think they can contain a Plague Lord on their own?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5361 on: December 07, 2020, 12:15:16 pm »

I don't think they will harm her.  These are her closest allies.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5362 on: December 07, 2020, 01:32:51 pm »

That only suggests they probably won't harm her with malicious intent. They could still harm her from ignorance (though Cephie at least knows what she's doing) or for containment/abundance of caution.

And these three aren't the only threats! Who knows where else an attack may come from while we are collared.

Does Cephie's vow prevent her from collaring us without or against our permission?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5363 on: December 07, 2020, 02:43:34 pm »

Perhaps asking why they want us collared is a good idea, maybe it’s to keep us from accidentally irradiating the Crusaders

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5364 on: December 07, 2020, 02:45:23 pm »

[8]"I...I will not wear that collar. I am not your slave or pet! I'm not a weapon! I will not go quietly into my holster!" You growl, your misery changing back into rage.

"We'll give you the--"

"Shut up!" You growl, shifting forward. You lunge at Emma with a snarl. Your massive wings slice through a hovercraft. Cephie narrowly avoids being bisected. A garden of spikes sprout around you.

[25 vs. 16] You slam Emma nto the ground, and bounce away from the shield. It crackles and hisses, and you summon forth a claw of fire in place of your missing limb.

[16 vs. 19] William blindsides you, slamming his heavily armored shoulder into your side. You twist, trying to score him across the chest with your claw. He dances back.

[25 vs 2] Your wings flex, and Cephie yelps as her shield hisses and sends her staggering.

[19 vs 11] Emma tries to drag herself to her feet, but a spike of iron slams into her shield and forces her off her feet once again.

[2 vs. 23] You refocus on  William, trying to rise, only for his hand to wrap around your throat. He lifts you up and slams you into the ground with a sickening thud. Ribs break, then reform. The ground beneath you cracks.

[12 vs. 14] William pins you to the ground, your wings burning through the structure. Dust and debris drop from the unstable building.

William hesitates, glancing up.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5365 on: December 07, 2020, 04:24:04 pm »

Can we stop this now, before the building collapses, or will you all still refuse to put on the collar?

"I submit."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5366 on: December 07, 2020, 04:29:22 pm »

Can we stop this now, before the building collapses, or will you all still refuse to put on the collar?

"I submit."
I say we should ask why they want to dampen our willpower

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5367 on: December 07, 2020, 07:20:50 pm »

I would be fine with that, as long as we stop struggling at least for now.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5368 on: December 07, 2020, 11:16:09 pm »

Do not attack, but do not wear the collar just yet - stay where you are until they explain why they want you to wear it. Then I'm leaving it up to you.

I mean, as recent events have reinforced, it's all up to you really.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5369 on: December 08, 2020, 12:00:05 am »

[5]
[14] ...you tap William's arm with your hand.
[18] His grip loosens enough for you to speak, and you croak out the word, "Why?"

William's grip tightens, and the mask splits open to reveal his face curled into a snarl. You don't know which is more terrifying. He lifts you up, and twists your head around by your chin, forcing your gaze across the hangar. Your gaze is drug all across the scarred structure, over patches of burnt cement and metal. Over hovercrafts with deep gouges from your wings. One craft is neatly carved in half. Spikes of iron and glass twist up from the floor.

"...you can't control yourself anymore, Pheobe. That's why." Emma is the one to speak, dusting herself off.

"I--I can!"

"You fractured Eric's skull. You nearly gave Isela heat stroke -- hell, several of the Crusaders at the last Nexus can never go near a hydrogen reactor for the rest of their life. Not to mention the burns--" She frowns. "Can you really control yourself right now? Your wings, for SEED's sake, just look how big they are."

You glance back -- they reach a full fifty-five meters, and hang 'loosely' from your back. They stretch out across the entire hangar, and burn into the floor of the structure. Billowing streams of hydrogen fire curving and flowing organically. You try to retract them, but it proves difficult. You look down, taking a deep breath. A deep, ragged breath.

"What happens if the Outlanders piss you off? What happens if Nicole or a Family Head speaks out of turn, Pheobe? Will you be able to control yourself?" Emma snatches up the collar and slams it into your hand. You take a good look at it, focusing for once, without anger. It...its fairly luxurious. The metal is hidden beneath gold and silver filigree marked with suns. Gems are cut into stars and planted into the metal. The inside is lined with soft, silky, but resilient fabric. "It's self-powered, and --"

"It will drain half of your Willpower, I think, and prevent -- lets call it emotional discharge." Cephie volunteers, crossing her arms over her chest. "Civilized planets usually require us to wear these while on the surface. But they're used in training, too."
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 12:10:45 am by 19_EgarAlnis »
Pages: 1 ... 356 357 [358] 359 360 ... 381