00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 224478 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act IV: The Goddess of War
« Reply #5490 on: January 16, 2021, 11:32:09 pm »

"[I agree to the spirit, but we will discuss terms later. Time is limited. My people need me to ply my craft.]"

"[That will be enough for now. I will hold you to your words, Line of Sol.]" The monitor flickers, and a camera feed shows William dragging both a blackish-gray chunk of metal, and a silvery wad of muscle. The Flesh is splattered in black. War-Machines carry in other parts, trailing behind their Warlord. William tosses the parts into a room that resembles both a foundry and laboratory. In the center of this room the operating table awaits. Silas rises. Emma and you follow him out into the hallway. Ava explains the procedure as the two of you walk.

"[There will be no anesthesia.]"

Your lips twist into a frown, but you continue onwards.

"[The pain will be intense, as such, you will be fitted with another nullifier. Physical restraints will be utilized.]"

You take a ragged breath. Fear gnaws at your stomach. But you continue towards your fate.

"[Second phase is the installation of the fusion reactor. In the third phase, you will need to control a high temperature fusion reaction to melt and shape the nanite-composite of the SEED-ship hull. If you lose control, I will force William to terminate you.]"

"You bitch!" Even down the hall, you can hear William's sharp response.

"[Or we all die in an explosion that makes the Holy City look like a firecracker. Shut up William. The adults are talking.]"

Gods. This...is this still a good idea?

"[I estimate that this will increase your power by approximately twenty-five to thirty-three percent as the nanites are assimilated. It will provide a self-mending hydrogen powered, light-based weapon. A powerful shield that can withstand up to -- the kinetic force equivalent of a large fusion bomb.]"

"[How should I shape the metal?]"

["I recommend something demonic to instill fear. But that is up to you and your ancestors. Think of your [brand, projected image.]"

I'll leave that up to you lot.

Begin operation? Y/N
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 11:41:26 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5491 on: January 16, 2021, 11:42:54 pm »

Phoenix... what would you say your odds are of being able to control it?  Would it help if you removed the collar, or would that make things worse?

"If the side-effects are intolerable, can it be removed?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5492 on: January 16, 2021, 11:45:28 pm »

No clue in all the hells. I assume she will take the nullifiers off after the operation.

The computer effects a laugh. "[Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. No.]"

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5493 on: January 16, 2021, 11:48:36 pm »

Y Do the operation
As for the shaping, so long as it is functional, I don’t care what the shape is

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5494 on: January 16, 2021, 11:50:05 pm »

Ava is operating with her normal level of charm, I see.  The risks are so high... I'm going to sit this out a bit and see what the other Ancestors think.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5495 on: January 16, 2021, 11:56:20 pm »

Ava is operating with her normal level of charm, I see.  The risks are so high... I'm going to sit this out a bit and see what the other Ancestors think.
I see no reason to sugarcoat things. It’s good she’s telling us exactly what’s going to happen

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5496 on: January 16, 2021, 11:58:23 pm »

I just feel like she's reveling in it.  But yes, I would prefer the truth over deception.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5497 on: January 17, 2021, 12:19:49 am »

You approach the table only to realize that there is several cameras pointed at it. One camera, especially obvious, will point at your face.

"[I will also be filming the operation. For posterity.]" Somehow, the monotone drone of Ava's speakers manages to convey a childlike glee.

...She's going to enjoy this.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5498 on: January 17, 2021, 12:23:25 am »

What matters is whether this works. Get on the operating table

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5499 on: January 17, 2021, 02:25:12 am »

What goal requires more power, anyway?  I didn't see anything that wasn't already stoppable via hypervelocity cannon.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5500 on: January 17, 2021, 02:38:22 am »

What goal requires more power, anyway?  I didn't see anything that wasn't already stoppable via hypervelocity cannon.
The Plague Lord comes to mind

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5501 on: January 17, 2021, 02:55:08 am »

I do think it's possible that it isn't necessary.  The explosion would hopefully deal with the nanites The Plague has already generated, but it wouldn't necessarily destroy the source of the nanites themselves, either a Plague building or the Lord himself, in order to prevent more from being generated. 

The arm would come in handy for that phase, but if we could do it remotely, I agree that would be better.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5502 on: January 17, 2021, 03:08:40 am »

I do think it's possible that it isn't necessary.  The explosion would hopefully deal with the nanites The Plague has already generated, but it wouldn't necessarily destroy the source of the nanites themselves, either a Plague building or the Lord himself, in order to prevent more from being generated. 

The arm would come in handy for that phase, but if we could do it remotely, I agree that would be better.
It needs to connect to the body. We’re already this far, the tool has been made, why not put the tool to use?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5503 on: January 17, 2021, 03:11:55 am »

Phoenix, what are your thoughts on this?  If she agrees to it, I'm willing to agree to it, with reservations.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5504 on: January 17, 2021, 03:14:25 am »

She already agreed

In for a penny, in for a pound as the old saying goes.

"[When would we start?]" You question.

"[The cost of the implant is three favors.]" Ava explains. "[And you will need to follow my instructions to a 'T'.]"
Pages: 1 ... 365 366 [367] 368 369 ... 381