00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 223794 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act IV: The Goddess of War
« Reply #5505 on: January 17, 2021, 03:19:33 am »

Not after hearing the full extent of the dangers, after which she seemed conflicted.  If I get another okay from Phoenix, I'll agree.

"[Second phase is the installation of the fusion reactor. In the third phase, you will need to control a high temperature fusion reaction to melt and shape the nanite-composite of the SEED-ship hull. If you lose control, I will force William to terminate you.]"

"You bitch!" Even down the hall, you can hear William's sharp response.

"[Or we all die in an explosion that makes the Holy City look like a firecracker. Shut up William. The adults are talking.]"

Gods. This...is this still a good idea?

"[I estimate that this will increase your power by approximately twenty-five to thirty-three percent as the nanites are assimilated. It will provide a self-mending hydrogen powered, light-based weapon. A powerful shield that can withstand up to -- the kinetic force equivalent of a large fusion bomb.]"

"[How should I shape the metal?]"

["I recommend something demonic to instill fear. But that is up to you and your ancestors. Think of your [brand, projected image.]"

I'll leave that up to you lot.

Begin operation? Y/N
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 03:21:55 am by ZBridges »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5506 on: January 17, 2021, 04:09:39 am »

Nah, the power is not necessary, it's about application.  If power is needed, the current state of affairs will always eventually provide enough.

Mind you, that isn't a reason to say no.  But on the surface, if you could already destroy a planet, there already was sufficient power to solve the problem.  The question is what you do, in what way, and how do you do it.

(Not voting.  I won't interact with any metafictional elements that address me as a player.)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5507 on: January 17, 2021, 04:13:27 am »

((I was wondering about the metafiction. What do you think? Not going to change it, just curious about the differing opinions, and this is a good conversation starter for everyone. This is an experiment for me to figure out different things that work or do not.))
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 04:16:12 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5508 on: January 17, 2021, 04:21:59 am »

((I like it))

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5509 on: January 17, 2021, 04:32:44 am »

((I'm ambivalent about it.  I think the idea is interesting, but it does put some pressure on me.  I wonder if it stops people watching from jumping in.  Overall I do enjoy it, but I'm open to change.))

I think that's right.  Why do we need this arm if we can already destroy an entire planet?  Begin the operation.  Shape the metal as an angel rising from ashes, sword aloft.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 07:30:03 am by ZBridges »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5510 on: January 17, 2021, 05:10:37 am »

((I'm against it.

In simple terms, I'd much rather experience the world the author is creating, rather than to create it myself in a game like this.  Active roles are for games where you are an actual character.

In other words, metafictional elements ask me to create a character to play in game, when what I want to do is to read and see what happens.  Being jumped on by an endless pile of nonphysical beings just takes away from the accomplisments and the problems of the MC, imo.))

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5511 on: January 17, 2021, 08:01:57 am »

((I have no opinion on the metafiction thing.))

We've already come this far we might as well go the whole way and get the arm.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5512 on: January 17, 2021, 02:25:46 pm »

I also don't see why Phoebe hasn't replaced the arm.  Not being able to do so was several iterations ago.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5513 on: January 17, 2021, 02:28:39 pm »

Because we were busy with other things

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5514 on: January 17, 2021, 05:05:06 pm »

Because we were busy with other things

I think he's saying that the restrictions preventing us from modifying our baseline physical form have been removed.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5515 on: January 17, 2021, 06:00:15 pm »

Mostly just that it seems to be that way because an attempt to do so failed a long time ago.  If it's desired to not forget the wounds, easy enough to keep one/some of the scars, but having one arm is just silly when you can fix it.  Means you can't hug someone, for instance.

Particularly since there's already a glamour which means there is no one image of Phoebe. I don't see the point of having a lump of misshappen flesh under some kind of glamour for.. some reason?  Spite?  At least at this power level.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5516 on: January 17, 2021, 06:05:26 pm »

It's believed that the process of integrating the Ascended changed Phoenix's baseline physical form, preventing her from repairing the damage that she suffered during the process.  It's not out of "spite," it's because it's impossible, or at least it was impossible before the Emperor/ess intervened.  It's possible that she can now modify that, but it hasn't been tested.

It's a similar issue with the arm.  Once it was consumed, the missing arm became part of her baseline physical form, and further attempts to re-grow the arm were fruitless.  The Phoenix identity has remained since the destruction of the Holy City, so it can't really be said she is a different iteration.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 09:31:20 pm by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5517 on: January 18, 2021, 02:01:23 am »

Are we sure we can't grow it back, I mean we haven't tired since before we absorbed those dead ascended, so we might as well try before we do major surgery it's not like trying will kill us.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5518 on: January 18, 2021, 02:10:07 am »

Sure, I would be open to trying it.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5519 on: January 18, 2021, 04:34:11 am »

If you can survive losing cohesion and becoming a mass of stuff, and reform a body from that, you should be able to reform a body from that which has two arms.
Pages: 1 ... 366 367 [368] 369 370 ... 381