00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 223778 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act IV: The Goddess of War
« Reply #5535 on: January 19, 2021, 05:41:00 am »

We tried making our arm before, it didn’t work. There’s a reason we’re getting the plague arm graft

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5536 on: January 19, 2021, 06:55:21 am »

But that was before we got the new powers.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5537 on: January 22, 2021, 12:06:08 am »

((Use it as you will. He expressed a preference for not being meta so it should be respected. A suggestion is still a suggestion, even if someone who isn't a named character or has a character suggests it.))

"[Through the procedure I intend to bond the Plague nanites with your own. I hope that this allows the nanites to convert to your own over time. My belief is that such an action would increase your field strength.]" Ava states in response to your query.

"[Would the built in laser weapon become obsolete? Especially if compared to ones I can already create?]"

"[I should hope, in time, you are able to manipulate the composition and material of such a weapon.]"

"[Would it be better than a prosthetic of my own design?]"

"[Now? Yes. As you seem to have no interest or knowledge in the most basic of sciences. You currently function with base instinct, and have never thought of developing your scientific skills further than 'hydrogen burns'. You treat it as magic; unknowable and chaotic.]" Ava's clipped, robotic voice drips with disdain. "[In the long term? You could create one better than anything I could make at this time. But that depends on you actually developing your intelligence as opposed to using brute force to solve your problems. The probability of that is quite low, however. So get on the table.]"

Ouch.

"[But you were raised in such a superstitious society. You're not entirely to blame.]"
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 12:14:39 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5538 on: January 22, 2021, 01:42:27 am »

Once the surgery is over, we'll have to ask Ava about those "non-evasive" tests of hers.  They may be dangerous and invasive, but at least they'll be easy to catch.

I do think she's right, however.  We need to learn how to use our powers more versatilely and efficiently.

Get on the operating table.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 05:05:34 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5539 on: January 22, 2021, 07:39:23 am »

Let us get this arm.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5540 on: January 22, 2021, 05:15:35 pm »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5541 on: January 26, 2021, 12:07:41 am »

The Flesh, independent of William, approaches. You step into it. There is a sharp pain in the back of your neck as the suit inserts the probe to scan your brain. You twitch, annoyed at the invasion of privacy, but if Ava sees something of interest, she does not mention it. Your muscles tense and relax as the Flesh tests your reflexes. Then there’s another sharp prick into your remaining wrist. Finishing with you, it sends you tumbling to the floor.

You strip off your jacket and shirt. Emma neatly folds your clothes as you lay upon the cold metal operating table. Screwing your eyes shut, you fight the welling of panic as nullifying bracelets are strapped to your wrist. Strength wanes until you can no longer even lift your head. The pounding of your heart within your ears slows to a crawl.

The restraints click shut.

You turn your head to watch Ava twist and manipulate the Infected matter within a cohesion field. She slices with microscopic scalpels, induces with electromagnetic fields, and purifies the bloody sinew. It takes her a mere matter of minutes to shape the unidentifiable Plague muscle into something resembling a human arm’s musculature. With its initial work completed it drags the flesh over to your prone form. The ‘limb’ hangs from the carriage above you. It twists and writhes in perversion of organic nature.

Silas pulls on gloves as he approaches. He pulls a visor down over his masked face and drags part of the operating carriage closer. “You will feel a sharp prick, and then indescribable pain. Try not to squirm. Ready?”

You do not even finish nodding before Silas carves into the flesh of your shoulder. Biting your lip you stifle the scream that rises within your throat -- glad for your natural pain tolerance after only a few seconds of the operation. But as blood pours from your body, as Silas clamps shut artery and vein, the pain does not stop. It only gets worse as Silas and Ava tease muscle fibers free, as they cut into scarred bone, and it doesn’t stop even as your new ‘arm’ descends.

At some point you realize you’re screaming and unable to stop. Emma forces your mouth open to jam something into it. You bite down hard on the wood – her hand finds yours. It doesn’t help the agony, but it provides some comfort. The pain dulls.

[25] The fresh wound begins to itch. Phantom feelings of fingers, of an arm. The table feels cold under your new appendage. You slump, relaxing as the pain fades away.

[1]  Ķ̷͉͇̬̦͕͔̮̙͖̃̓̔̃̑̃̑̓̄͝Í̶̡̧̯̞̺̭̱̩͇̤̝̺̺͛́̎͒̒̓͘L̷̢̡̢͓͚̰̪̲͈̩̯̰̆́̒͐͋̌͑̃̏̍̔͜͝L̴̰̞͈̞̾̌̒̈̕

What began as an ache turns into a thousand stabbing blades, digging into your chest and side. Throbbing deep into your flesh. Your muffled screams fill the operating room anew. Your new arm flails. Razor sharp edges forming from the malleable material. You try to bring it under control.

[5 vs. 8] Silas stumbles back with a cry of surprise as razor sharp claws attempt to rend him from gut to chin. He gulps, lucky to have been spared the wrath of your rogue appendage. You struggle against your bonds— H̶̛̠̩̲̭̗͋̍̐̑̈́̏̕͜͠ͅU̸͖̣̤̐̐̍̅̈́̀̃̔̉̅̊͠͠N̵̰̿͊̌G̵̢̜͖̹̭̗̟͘E̶̦̯̼̥̦̹͗͋̎́̂̋̽̓̚͝͝R̶̳̭͓̣̳̻̟̣͋͂̽̋̎̿̃͂̄̋͝

[27][30][30] And then you take a deep breath. You clench your teeth. You focus. It is a great strain to still the raging beast within the new limb. It writhes and it struggles and squirms with the bestial hunger you know all too well. You assert your dominance over it with a twofold strategy. First: you bludgeon it with your identity, with your mental strength and fortitude. Then, as it rages against you -- you cut the flow of nutrients and oxygen in those veins. Its flailing weakens. Then it stills, dying.

You repeat this process as Silas and Ava look on in stunned silence.

Feelings flood from the limb, and you flex the new muscle. A lingering voice urges you to consume everyone in the room, but you silence it. You silence it just as you silence the voices that tell you to flood the room with chlorine or rip the organs out of everyone here until their iron rich blood paints the room in burgundy…until it drips from your maw… IMPALE!

Hush.

You reach over with your new arm, ripping away the restraints, ripping away the nullifying bracelets. You rise from the slab. As soon as the cheap bracelets fall to the floor your wings burst free. Attendants and your retinue scrambles. Machines are moved – and your great billowing wings of hydrogen stretch wide over the room.

You approach the chunk of SEED plating. Somebody calls your name, but you ignore them.

You study your new limb in the mirror-like finish of the dull gray metal. New muscle of grey and silver bulge and grow. It covers your shoulder in organic growth, long tendrils reaching across your lithe chest. Sharp razors of iron and nanite jut from the tentacle. It only resembles a human arm in that from your palm grow five sharp talons in the place of fingers. A small reactor hums with energy in the upper arm, and a laser array sits within your wrist.

[36] Drawing your will into your flesh, you reform it. The talons dull into five fingers. You drag them along the ancient metal and cannot help but smile as you trace the cold surface. You can feel the lack of heat. You can feel the material as it hums beneath your fingers.

You spot a large tank of hydrogen gas and rip it apart with your willpower

[20][18][32] You condense hydrogen into a ball of volatile plasma centered around the SEED’s hull metal. Nothing happens for the first ten thousand degrees. Then the cascade begins. You focus the immense heat and energy back in on itself until it glows. The metal sits suspended, held in place by gravitational forces.

[22][25][33] The room remains at a bearable temperature, but blood drips from your eyes, ears, and mouth. It takes all your focus not to lose control of this tiny star, not to wipe Stormmont from the face of this planet. The metal begins to turn red then white. It separates and rises to the surface of the hydrogen, dulling the color. You make minute adjustments to the ball of super-hot gas and metal – a nudge of the gravity the ball is producing, a transfer of energy from one section to another. All to prevent the superheated metal from flying out and exploding.

What shape should the metal take around the tentacle that is your arm?

((Level up. Bah-bah-bah-dun!))
« Last Edit: January 26, 2021, 01:32:57 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5542 on: January 26, 2021, 05:46:05 am »

Lets just make it arm shaped, I mean can't we change the way it looks later?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5543 on: January 26, 2021, 11:40:12 am »

I think this will be permanent, also I’m thinking the talons will make fighting easier

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5544 on: January 26, 2021, 01:04:44 pm »

Your will is legend, Phoenix.  Use this new power wisely.

Something arm-shaped seems appropriate.  Maybe etched with a pattern of flames or a symbol representing SEED?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 01:34:34 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5545 on: January 27, 2021, 02:20:34 am »

I mean if we can we might as well make it as fancy as possible.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5546 on: January 27, 2021, 09:40:34 am »

Your will is legend, Phoenix.  Use this new power wisely.

Something arm-shaped seems appropriate.  Maybe etched with a pattern of flames or a symbol representing SEED?
Yes, a symbol sounds good, something representing Pheonix

I mean if we can we might as well make it as fancy as possible.
So long as the fanciness doesn’t interfere with functionality. What kind of fanciness modifications are you thinking?

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5547 on: January 27, 2021, 02:19:14 pm »

Flames seem better, don't want to be held too closely to SEED if you decide to change dogma later.

I would recommend making heavier plating near the hand or forearm in order to block attacks more effectively then the rest of the arm.

Also seems like all our bickering and mad ideas helped in the end, she could certainly shut the plague beast mind up, ha.  Also I guess welcome plague beast you are welcome to chat if you can be civil!  That was a joke.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5548 on: January 28, 2021, 01:34:29 am »

[22][16][21] Reality twists itself to your whim. You reach into the ball of fire with your new arm, and even though your control you can feel the rising heat. But you do not flinch, you do not falter, as you manipulate the miniature sun. Colder areas accumulate the metal around your new limb, and you grit your teeth as the cooling metal wraps itself around your new flesh. You introduce striations shaped like rising flame, like the rising phoenix and thicken the plating upon the dorsal of your hand, upon the forearm.

[33][26][4][35] As you vent the temperature, a gust of burning hot wind and radiation scorches your flesh and burns its way across your chest. Metal splatters across your chest, burning you to the bone, but you grit your teeth and focus on your work. Vents work overtime to dissipate the heat and the attendants flee as the room's temperature spikes. But through the pain you keep the reaction under control. The sun cools to an inferno, then a spark. The heavy metal hisses and clinks upon your arm.

Safe now, you drop to your knees, fighting the vertigo of starvation and the damage to your logic processors. The Thornton siblings approach. Emma wraps a coat around you -- and beats out the fire that sprouts when it touches the burning hot metal of your new arm. You rest for a while only looking up as radiation shielded attendants rush in with fire extinguishers and water.

William has to carry you to a decontamination room. Emma protests. She carries you to your medical wing. You drift to sleep as soon as you hit the soft bed.

[5]

Blood. Blood and iron. It clogs your senses, and you try to swallow against it. But there is no relief. It pounds in your ears, in your heart, in your chest.

It only fades when pineapple and pepper flood your nose and throat. You choke, struggling to breathe against the noxious vapors.

Rage. Anger. Pain. Fear.

...you are a swirling cloud of chlorine gas that sends 'Crusaders' to their graves as you stroll through the town. Your respirator hisses as you look upon your fallen foes with the innocent delight of a job well done...

...you sit in a tree and nibble on a ration pack. During a pause, you look out over a field of Crusader corpses impaled on savage strands of razor-edged wires...and you cannot help but grin with savage joy...

...A figure approaches you. His face is wrapped in a cloth stained with blood streaming from his eyes, his ears, his nose. He smells of urine -- you pay him no mind until the cutter blade rips into your chest and out your back.

...One of these pathetic 'Crusaders' rises back to his feet. You already ripped away his arm, but he still struggles. Like a worm on a hook. He sways and pitches forward. You laugh -- overlooking the las-gun he angles towards you. That is, until your head and torso explode into red mist.

[4] You scrub at your eyes with your new hand -- and your flesh bruises from your accidental over-application of force.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Holdings (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 01:36:39 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5549 on: January 28, 2021, 01:56:04 am »

We've lost a few days of precious time.  I would recommend getting up to speed quickly with this new arm of yours.  After that, we should attempt to locate the source of the Plague's power, perhaps using the aerial photography to trace the origin of the nanites.  Once the source is destroyed, if that only cripples it rather than kills it, the existing nanites should fall to the explosion.

It's no good to only destroy the nanites that have already been generated if it can just generate more.  Perhaps we'll find that the explosion isn't even necessary.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2021, 04:05:03 am by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 368 369 [370] 371 372 ... 381