00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 224404 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act V: The End
« Reply #5625 on: April 25, 2021, 03:06:27 pm »

"You who have been subsumed— angels, humans, and demons— break free from the shackles of corruption and destroy your tormentor!  I insist."

Create spears of iron, coated in acid, and send them flying at the Plague Lord using energy manipulation with as much momentum as possible.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 01:31:56 am by ZBridges »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #5626 on: April 25, 2021, 05:05:36 pm »

Can we manipulate the nearby plague nanites with our holy Will? Spoof the signals that guide them?

If possible, bend nearby plague nanites to our will.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5627 on: April 26, 2021, 06:11:02 am »

We should also keep the acid going as it seems to have no defense against it.

Should we try to gas it, or does that seem like a waste of time?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5628 on: April 26, 2021, 10:12:04 pm »

Acid would probably work better than the spears.  A corrosive gas could be effective.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5629 on: April 27, 2021, 12:50:56 am »

What about covering the spears in the acid?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5630 on: April 27, 2021, 01:32:11 am »

Action modified.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5631 on: April 29, 2021, 11:00:47 pm »

H̷͎͓̰̻̳̘̬̜̽͗͛̈́͌̈́̂̈́̈̈͌̕͝a̶̧̦̜̲̱̟͇̍͛́͛̈́̾̀̌͆̈́̄̌̈́.̶̢̻͙̪̮͉͕̣̱͎̖̯̞̺͚̈̆̊̉̒͑̐͝ ̶̡̧̡̛͍̦̹͓͉͇̼̦̺͖͂͗̅͑̇̇̾̔̈́̾̓͜͠Ḧ̴̢̱͕̲̥̩̫̩̼͈a̴̢͕̳̱̬͕͖̣̳̝̬̫̳̬͐̀̉̔͐̉̇̀̒͐̍̂̃̕ͅ.̶̡̨͉̼̤̥̱̯̊͝ ̷̯̯͍͇̳̦̫͕́Ḩ̶͕̪͖̱͙̈́̅̽̒̒̀̋͗͂̉͑́̅̇͜a̵̝͖͎̹͓͔͍̠͇̘̾͛̅͋͝.̴̡̺̝̠̺̺̹̭̯̲̙͖͍̝̻̎̈̋̈͊̾͊͊̃͑̒͐͒̔̕ ̴̢̘̖͓̪͊̓0̴̡̨̹͍͓͚̱͈̜̻̦͍̜͈͗́̏͗̓̋͘͝͝ͅ0̶̡̛͓̩͔̠̟̤͕̩̣̤̑̈́͌̀̂̀͊̄̅̉̚͜͝͝ͅ
̷̢̥̰͖̳̽̒̍̌̾̏̓̒͘
̸̨͔̣͚̙̓̅̔̈̅̀͛͗̑͑̀̀͘W̸͚͖̙̙̄̌̂͋͐͆͊̇̆͋̕͠ë̵͓̦͂̾̂̕ ̶̱̥̏w̴̡̗̦̼̟̩̺̝̞̤͇̋͋̄̀̅̈́̔̾͜ͅa̵͚̣̪̜̪̘̦̮̜͂̑͋̈̏̕ͅn̴̛̫͉̝͇̹̿̀̓͑͗̈́̽t̶͕̗̹͚̫̬͉͍̥͙͋ͅ ̶̰̻̠̤̙̻͗̏̍͆͠͝͝y̵͉͙͖͓̳̥̜̗͎̆̉͛̈́̈́̋̉͋̃̌͂̾̚̕͝ͅǫ̷̦̦͚̱͕̹́̌͒̓͂͂́́̍̐͐́̋̚̚û̷̙͒͌̓̂́͐̽̃̊̊̚͝ ̴̨̭̯̳̼͔̫̠̩͍̗̝́̄͊̃̕͜ͅd̶̞̲̹̎̒̀̔́̊͒̐͘e̵̱̗͉̐̆͒̑̾͑́̊̾̇͗̆̇̚͠a̷̟͉͑͛̔̈́̅͆̓͒̎̇̆͋̕͘ḓ̸̢̛̻̻̟̞̐̒͑̒̕ ̸̯̻̥̙̥̱̘̦̤͌͂͐̇̓̈́̾̐̀̌̃́͑̚͘m̸̗͌͑́̒̉̍́̈́͠ȍ̶̢̡̨͕̜̩͚̺̾̀̑͝ŗ̴̡̹̜̖̜̤̞̺̙̦͈͍̤́̓̎̈́́͑̀͜e̴̢̢̹̼͓̩̝̯͙̒͊̊̈́͐͘͘͜ ̴̛̼͎͒͋̅̋͛̒͌̋̈̾̽̚͝t̶͊̌̾̆ͅȟ̴̢̞͇̟̱̺̻̪̯̦͐͛̒͋̄̌̔̈̂́͛̌͛̕ẳ̷̛̲͙̳̭̩̰̻̻̺͇̜̫͋̀̉̾̈ņ̸͙͛͝ ̴̡̪͔̿̇̅̋̒͑́̈̏̌̌́̀á̶̡̧̞͕̳̱̺͓͍̉̔̐͑n̷̨̺̮͚͉͉̬̗̙͙̬̈͑̊͑̎̎̀̿͝y̴͈̼͙̻̩̺̎̈́t̸̪͇̥͍̎̾ḧ̵̬̙͔̟̪̦̺̔̽̆͋ỉ̷̛̟̹͔̝͉̫̝͑͗͝ņ̸̣̉̄͗̅̐͒̃́̉̽̓̐̚̕͝ģ̵͇̳̻͍̺͗̔̈̀̾́̏̍͝.̸̢̢̞̱͓̠̝̰̰̠̭̥̗̟̉̿̀̒̈̀̉
̷̨̛̭̠͇̗͍̘̬͇̑̏̊̌̓̎̔̔̕
̵̭̞̗̞́͑̈́̕͝H̷̢̟̮̥̰̝̮̟̺̫̩̳̲̔̈́͜͠ứ̸̡̛̥̭͚͈͈̘̗̬͖̹̮̖̖̋͊͊͋̿̂́̚͝͠m̵̧̨̬͙̠̘̳̯̖͈̳̲̊̏̌̾̆̄̾́͊̚͘͜ḁ̸̢̥̙̫̘̺͓̮́̾͝n̴͚̼͉̠̬̗̘̠͎̳̪̮͚̈́̂͒̀̕͘͝ͅ ̸̛͍͛͂̀̿̀͋̈́̕͝s̵̛̞͍͒͌̌̃̆͌́̕͘̚͝͠c̵̢̜̤̥̯̥̦͉̙̟̩̳̳̽̓̍͒̎̇̆͋̈́̌̀͌͜͠͝͝ų̴̢̬͎̬̣̝̬̠̙͓̦͊͂̔̑̎̄̈́̀m̵̨̘̜̼̱͓̻̦̻̪̪̰̤͖͛̎͐̾̅̄̅̐̎̂̋̕̚͜.̸̧̨̗̺̤̟́͛̀̐͂̑͂͛͂̓̕

[Init:17 vs. 31]

[Overpowpres:35 vs. 32]
An explosion of pain strikes you from within your skull. Strange screams from vocal chords burned ages ago. Ozone and stinking ichor assault your nose. You struggle to keep you wits about you about -- cities with foreign architecture dissolve before your eyes. Lights fade from alien worlds, snuffed out by an overwhelming tide of darkness--

--the Plague Lord closes the distance. Screams fill your radio headset--

[||||||||||||....](12/16]
[|||||||||||||||||||||...] (20/24)

[Material Gather:9-5 vs. 30]
--dropping to the ground to manipulate the iron therein -- your concentration falters as the Plague Lord grabs at you with razor-tipped tentacles. Your shield hisses as a swarm of appendages grab and rip at your protection. It forces you up and back into the sky, away from the earth and its plentiful supply of iron.

[|||||||||||.....](11/16]

[Silicon Manipulation:21]
[Attack Rollv/avoid:5-5 vs. 25]
--particles of microfine glass send patterns of light flashing all around you as you rise into the air-- then a storm of them strike. You're surrounded by a swirling, hissing cloud of glass. The hard light shield holds as you struggle to pull yourself away from the creature--more and more form as the cloud presses in.

[|||||||||.......](9/16]

...The echoes of burned worlds begin to die down...

[Plague Control:13-2 vs. 35]
[Attack Rollv/avoid:10 vs. 25]
[Information: 40]
As you attempt to reach out with your willpower and take control of the Plague Nanites -- to no real avail. It only draws your attention away from evading the enveloping cloud of silicon that rips at your shield. Another crack forms as the generator struggles to keep up with the pressure exerted on it. The machinery feels hot on your chest. The AI is working overtime, and the reactors are struggling to keep up with the power output. But the technology holds. For now.

An infodump drops into your mind -- feedback from the strained connection. You divert your attention--

PRIMARY_OPERATION:ENERGY GATHERING
Only one string catches your attention.

[||||||||........](8/16]

[Regenv/Interrupt:32 vs. 20]
[1d3:3]
The creature gathers its will about itself. You attempt to interrupt it-- but it's too late. The dust storm drops, your shield falling just in time for you to witness many of the laser blasts you managed to land on the Plague Lord heal. A rictus grin splits the monster's face -- and it rapidly closes the distance between the two of you.

[||||||||........](8/16]
[|||||||||||||||||||||||.] (23/24)

R̶̦̪̮̙̹̬̥̪͓̮̬̱̱̓̾͊͑͜u̵̧̟̗̖̺̼̙̲̼̩̼͙̗̮̖͐́́̐̄͊̍͛͠n̷̞̺̻͖̮̓͛̉̂̇͋̚͘͝ͅ,̴̧̡̫̯̗̫̩̣̩̦̦̗͈̞̓̈͋̋͘͜ ̷̧̰̙̩͖̙̞͇̦͙̟̾̄́͒͐̂́̒̚H̶̗͕̬̱̭̖͎̭̰̯̑̈͗̉̕̚͜ǘ̵͓͍͉̠̭̜̫̥̰͎̈́̇͋͊̓̊̐̿̿͝ͅm̷̡̮͕͉̱̫̻̤̯̮̗̝̐̔̓́̇̅̌̐̀̈̊͑́̏͜͝ͅą̵̫̏̕n̴͍͍͇͖̮̹̱̩̙̬̉͛̓̓͌̀̒̏̈́̚ͅ.̸̞͙̀̔̔̀̀̓̀̊̋̕͝

Your radio crackles and hisses as multiple voices flood your channels.
"[You daft bitch--]"
   "[--Phe-Phe, knock it--]"
   "[--We can't help--]"
   "[--something entering from orbit--]"
   "[DOWN. BRING IT DOWN.]"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 11:14:02 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5632 on: April 30, 2021, 02:36:39 am »

This thing is on another level.  Should we try to lure it closer to the ground?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5633 on: April 30, 2021, 04:52:08 am »

We should try to lure it away from the front line, we should also start considering nuking it, but we should go back to the acid first.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5634 on: April 30, 2021, 02:29:46 pm »

Descend and try to lure it down so that our allies can help.  Try to knock it down if it doesn't follow.  If our allies are too busy, try to lure it away from the front lines.  If it catches us, spray it with acid and then escape.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 02:58:30 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5635 on: April 30, 2021, 06:49:42 pm »

[40 vs. 21]
You cut the process in your wings that give you lift--and drop like a rock, right through the storm and into the crater below. The Plague Lord follows you into the depths of the earth. It roars in savage fury as you escape with easy grace.

Just before you hit the ground, you switch them back on, alighting in the rubble and ruin of the once great Holy City. The Plague Lord drops to the ground in front of you--

Its many mouths split into a grin.

But so do your's.

"I surrender." You state, lifting your hands. "Completely and utterly."

W̴̢̢̤͙̦͍̬̙̲̦͋̆̃͊͂͆͗́̏̑̂͘͝h̸̨̲̦̮̣̦̗̣̮͛̈́̔-̵͚͕͈̩̼͎̱͓̥̩̃̽̽̎̈́̈́̎̈́̾̀ẁ̷̮̗̌̽̋̒̇̊h̶̨̤̣͍͈̤̗͙̿̃͋̑͋̓̿̆̾̉̒͐̎ǡ̴̡̠̣̹̪͉͓̪̈͐͌̓͊t̷̨̡̧̨̝̠͓̼̼̗̥̖̺̼̜̓͆?̸̢͎͈̯̘̙͍̘͕͙̮͍͙̤͒͌͂̽͂̇̒̎̈̚̕͘͝

"I can't win. Before we join-- I have questions."

Oh gods, oh gods this is stupid stup--

[40]W̸̺͙͓̼̪̟̍h̵͕̖̭̱̭͓͋͛̈́̌̇̑́͗͌̕ą̷̪̼̦̙̭͍̭̯̯͈̤̥̦̃̓͆̉́̓͗̍̍̓́̅t̷̩͔̲̠̟̽̓͜ͅ ̷̙̜̜͍̣̖͒̄̉͂͐͆̈́̇̆̀̇͗̌͌͜q̷̛̯̬̮̞̠͑́̊͂̄͗͑̋͆̐̚͜u̶͍̳͇̖̭̱̖͗̄̌̇̀̋̇̄̎̇̉ḝ̷̻͈̯͓͎̤͔͎̘̎̓͊́̓̌̀̀͘͝s̷̛̬͔̦̏̏͌̾̑͗̃̒̓̆̕̚͘͝t̶̡̨̙̰͚̻͔̲͑̓i̴̧̨̧̘̯̰͈̜͚̤͇͚̣̓̾̀͗̊̎̎̕͜͝ǫ̵̡̱̗̻̣͉͔̠̈̿̃ͅn̴̮̘̻̠̖̗͈͒̅͒̚ş̴̨͍̯̹͚͉̳̭͙͕̣̂͋?̵̧̨͔̫̹̿́̋͑͜

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5636 on: April 30, 2021, 07:03:16 pm »

Good thinking.  As for a question...

"What was the Great Disconnect?"

We must stall until the trap can be activated.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 07:12:16 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5637 on: April 30, 2021, 07:41:31 pm »

W̴h̴e̵n̵ ̵w̷e̵ ̵w̶e̸r̶e̷ ̸d̸i̵v̵i̸d̶e̵d̸ ̷f̶r̷o̷m̸ ̴a̷ ̴w̴h̵o̷l̸e̵,̸ ̷t̶o̴ ̴a̸ ̸t̴e̶n̶t̵h̶,̶ ̸t̸o̵ ̴a̷ ̷t̶h̸o̵u̴s̴a̶n̶d̷t̸h̶.̸ ̴W̶e̴ ̵w̷e̴r̷e̸ ̷d̷i̸v̴i̷d̶e̵d̵ ̷o̵n̷c̶e̷ ̴b̸y̷ ̸t̷h̵e̵ ̷K̶i̵n̴g̵ ̷o̷f̵ ̴t̶h̴e̷ ̷D̶e̵a̵d̴, and o̷n̴c̸e̷ ̸a̵g̸a̶i̶n̶ ̴b̵y̷ ̶t̴h̴e̸ ̶D̸i̷s̸c̴o̶n̷n̴e̷c̸t̵.̵ It grimaces, a pained expression. A mouth forms a tongue, and it screams, pained, "We once were great. Before you came along! You monsters! You apes! Not content with keeping to your tree so you burn the whole forest!"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5638 on: April 30, 2021, 07:49:57 pm »

"Why would you expect anything other than hostility towards an entity that sustains itself through the suffering of others?  I have seen the pained expressions on the faces of your nexuses."
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 07:51:34 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5639 on: April 30, 2021, 08:01:25 pm »

((Last ZBridges' question.))

"We are your ancestral sin. We are the fire that burned the forest. The embers blazing again to devour our maker's children."

Pages: 1 ... 374 375 [376] 377 378 ... 381