00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 224093 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #60 on: February 15, 2020, 12:31:58 am »

Sign the contract.

Hesitant +1... this lady seems on the level, and (though I'm leery of the obligations involved) this really is a solid deal we've stumbled on.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 15, 2020, 04:47:10 am »

Are we sure we want to sign up for this, I mean we could explore the area a bit before we commit to this, we don't have to sign up for the first thing we see.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 15, 2020, 04:55:46 am »

That's a good point.  I'm changing my vote to ask her if we have to sign immediately, or whether we can take a few days to think about it.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 15, 2020, 05:16:18 am »

Ask her if we can take a few days to think about it before signing the contract.
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 15, 2020, 02:28:00 pm »

Ask her if we can take a few days to think about it before signing the contract.
+1
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 16, 2020, 01:00:12 am »

"Could I have a few days to think about this, Mother Nicole?" You ask, hesitantly.

[-] "Of course. I'd think you were a moron if you just jumped at the chance without thinking about it. But do remember this, Phoebe. I want to make -us- powerful, and I would do anything to help you out." She shrugs a shoulder, feigning disinterest, "I'd be giving you my name-- people might think we're related.  Treated very well. Just a thought."

"You have until tomorrow night. The apprentices leave the next morning."

She rises, calling to Brother John down the hall to guide you to the apprentice chambers. He hurries back and silently leads you into the room. It's filled with cots huddled against the chilly rain by the fire. A few apprentices sit and talk with one another. They go quiet when they see you, but begin talking again when you're assigned a cot. You fall into it gratefully, covering yourself with the blanket. You soon drift off to a comfortable sleep.

[1/1d3]

--

Fire sprouts itself from your back, into wild wings.

You bow your head to SEED, a great orb of metal and twining trees.

Something presses into your hand. A sharp, cruel dagger behind your back. But there's another — a knife in your side, pressing you forward.

SEED approaches you. And you stab at it.

--

"FAILURE." A voice growls. It rips your wings off, but you feel no pain — only the worse sense of loss imaginable. You feel empty. Ashamed. What would he say? Think? Do? Why isn't he here anymore? Weren't you following the plan faithfully? You followed orders, didn't they see that?

--

You open your eyes as someone jostles your cot.

"Wake up," A brown young man of fourteen or so grumbles, "Breakfast time."

His name is Eric; you come to learn over a breakfast of [grainmeal], raisins, and [apples]. He's a farmer's child, and, after receiving a strong cup of tea, tells you much about his life. You listen to the distraction, keeping him at a metaphorical arm's length when the subject turns to your childhood. You finish your meal, grace him with a smile that sets his face burning red, and leave the church, back out into the open market that surrounds the well. Everything is wet from last night's rain.

The stalls begin to open, hawkers calling their wares to the early morning workers trudging towards the factory. Brother John hurries past you without greeting, going the same direction, and carrying a toolbox.

The doors to the public house are swung open, and patrons begin to spill out into the street, a few still drunk from the night before.

What now?

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 16, 2020, 01:16:36 am »

Ah, cryptic dreams. The hallmark of all supernatural amnesiacs!
I daresay that's just about confirmed our angelic nature. More than that, I can't determine.

Let's go have a looksee inside "Hausman's Public Haus".
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 16, 2020, 04:11:58 am »

I daresay that's just about confirmed our angelic nature. More than that, I can't determine.

+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2020, 04:24:11 am »

+1
+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 16, 2020, 11:29:27 am »

+1
+1
+1 Im curious why we tried to kill SEED, who told us to do so?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 16, 2020, 02:37:16 pm »

:)

The Public house is the same size as the church, but more fully furnished, with several independent tables orbiting around the main bar. There are few seats taken, most of the customers having left when morning came. A few lift their heads to look at you as you enter. A wiry, thin man greets you as you take a seat at the bar.

"Welcome, lass. A bit young to be drowning your sorrows in drink, aren't you?" Purveyor Haus asks as he pours you a drink regardless.

"I-I don't have any money." You protest.

"New faces get one free." He counters, but his eyes harden, moving away from you without another word. You're pretty sure he's ignoring you, as he spends time talking with every other guest but you.

The mug is dirty, but the beer within it is cold and fresh. A heady blend of yeast and hops that goes down smooth. Hints of cider, ethanol, and a faint buttery taste.

You look around the room, examining the crowd. The bar is full of a variety of men and women in light armor. Guns stick out of belts or strapped to backs — pistols, sawn-offs, full barrel shotguns, or, as with one gentleman, a massive assault rifle. Some wear masks or bandanas around their necks as they enjoy their drinks.

« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 03:31:04 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 16, 2020, 03:01:31 pm »

Hey bartender! What does one do to get some money around here?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 16, 2020, 03:02:29 pm »

Hey bartender! What does one do to get some money around here?
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 16, 2020, 04:02:02 pm »

[6] "Work, usually." The Bartender replies, glancing your way as you interrupt his conversation. "The factory is hiring. Other than that, I couldn't tell you."

[3]A few of the patron giggle at the scene, and they visibly relax around you. They focus more on the subject of their conversations and drinks. You do the same, emptying the rest of your mug and contemplating your next move.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2020, 05:09:09 pm »

Head for the factory
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 381