00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240958 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #900 on: March 20, 2020, 03:12:28 pm »

The armor spoke back...?

Attempt to communicate with the armor.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: March 20, 2020, 03:26:43 pm »

The armor spoke back...?

We're not wearing it at the moment, but perhaps we might have ourselves a look-see after Brother Hop's lesson.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: March 20, 2020, 03:27:47 pm »

I'm aware that we're not wearing it, but there's no reason we can't go to it.  We already read of demons and angels some time ago.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: March 20, 2020, 03:29:49 pm »

Eh, fair enough. +1

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: March 20, 2020, 04:25:29 pm »

[-] You vacate the library and the door is locked behind you. It must have closed when you were reading. You follow the path you took backward, and despite a delay with the Hover-Craft, you only arrive back at the compound fifteen minutes later than expected. Your guards are relieved at the door, and you make a beeline for the workshop.

Sister McFee dips you a nod when you enter, and you see her hunched over bulky red and black cloth, a large needle in her mouth. Beside her, a soldering iron smolders gently, and the entire room smells of solder and melted plastic.

You approach the armor stand, and...try to communicate with it. You speak a greeting to it and try in the tongues you do know. You even speak in the halting, old tongue of SEED. McFee finally speaks up, "Thornton told me you were eccentric, but if that armor could talk, I'm sure it wouldn't have liked how much I've been cursing it."

[7]You frown at her, but stay silent, examining the armor. It doesn't look like its communicating back.

You have two hours and forty-five minutes left before Brother Hop arrives at your room for your lesson.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: March 20, 2020, 04:30:51 pm »

"McCreary, did you talk to your armor?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: March 20, 2020, 04:36:42 pm »

"...You're right. I'm going about this wrong."

Drop into our own mind for a moment. Dip into McCreary's armor memories, and if that doesn't get us anywhere...

...let these words echo through our consciousness.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: March 20, 2020, 04:38:13 pm »

"...You're right. I'm going about this wrong."

Drop into our own mind for a moment. Dip into McCreary's armor memories, and if that doesn't get us anywhere...

...let these words echo through our consciousness.
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: March 20, 2020, 05:20:59 pm »

[19][17] You close your eyes, focusing on the void within you, the place where the voices come from...and you fall into them. A cold void of blackness burning through you. Something outside your consciousness echoes, but you can only hear the echo.

Ne̶̠̳̲̜͇r̗̲͔͘v͈̖͢ò͉̦̮ú͖͉̬s͚͔̰̗͍ͅ ̺̝S̸͉͕yst̸̟e̢̘̜̠̝̮̰mͅ:͓̺ ̘͚̜͍̺̘͙͝A̱̖̘̱̻̗͖̕c̟͈͓̫͙͠t̷͍̰͔͔̺̗ͅi̬̤v̞̟͝a͢t̢̼̹e̠͘ͅ ̸̪u̟͚̭̺̳̝̱n̫̻̱͚̭̺̠c̖͓̣̠̟o̹͘n̘̪c̪̦̺̺̺͙̕i̶̲̩̟̞̭͔͓o̹̼̦͎u̱̩ṣ̯̯̙ ̥̬͖̜b̲͇̦͓͇as̰͔̭͎̻̯i̸̦c̠̳͓̗̗͔ ̫̭̼l͞i̹̻̬f̰͉͜e̯̹̪ ̝͉s̤͇̞̥̰̮̀u͙̹p̙̤̭͎͢p̧̱or̀t̝̼͘

You open your eyes again, and you lay in the sand, feeling the burning hot grains against your back with a vividness that not even boiling water can match. The wind howls across the wastes, carving through mesas and plateaus. Two suns burn high in the sky, filling you with warmth. A vessel sits nearby, smaller than some, but larger than any Hovercraft you've ever seen. Red sand and white salt pile up around its landing struts.

You rise to your feet with a yawn, hand coming to your mouth as you make your way to the vessel. You key in a code instinctively, stepping into the cool metal airlock. The mechanical door shuts behind you, and you close your eyes as various hues of light blink through the room. Fresh air, humid and smelling of your new home is vented in, hiding the familiar dusty scent of your previous life.

You check a small console only to find no new messages and busy yourself with a jog around the track, then a number of isometric exercises. With your exercise done for the day, you--why do I have a beard? Where am I? Who--

[17][18] You open the door to the armory and step through, towards the Mark Fifteen. With humorous intent long gone, replaced by the ritual of a lonely man, you ask, "Having a good day? Wonderful. I'm glad you slept well, but you're going to be able to wake up soon." It didn't really respond, it never did, not until those sickening spikes were deep into the tips of his fingers. Then it spoke. It spoke of war. Of nightmare. Of a bloodlust more ancient than civilizations. It didn't speak until they were one, joined together into a brutal war machine.

What was worse was how he could already feel his hand slipping into the glove. You can stop at anytime, you reason, content. This is your history, you past lives and your future, why shouldn't you want this connection? You have no others. They all left you alone. But its been there for you, all this time, and will be there for you, all this time.

O̿͊͗̋҉̺̩̟̟̻̻͇̯̪̗̱̗̫̰̺́v̸̢͍̻͉͓̞̝̤̙͙̯̮͖̭̝̱̄ͧ̓̊ͯ̎̇̓̚ę̸̸̗̲̙͙̪̗̥̥̈́̒̏̅̌ͮrͮ̑̃̀ͮͤ̎҉̴̱̬̪͖͖̝͖͇͟r̶̨̼̥̫̭͕͆̍ͪ̈͗̃̎ͧ̑͗͒͟͞͠ḯ̴̧̛̹̭̱̦̯ͦ̏ͯ̎̈́ͦͭ͊̿́ͫ̓d̷̷̢̻̤̞̪̠̼̫ͮͫͯͣ̏͋ͧͨ͢ȇ̴̺̰̟͚̼ͯͧͧ͌ͭ͛͊ͭͮ̏̂ͤͫ́ ̢ͨ̄̇ͧ́̒ͧͪ͑͛̀͏́҉̛̠̯̬͓͙͙̖̙̖̻̗͈̘̻̦̖A̶̢̢̛̜͍̗̥̼̞̭̳̝͉̹̤̙̟͚̓̈́ͧ̽̒̃̄́c͆ͯ̈́͆͛͛ͪ͂̃ͣͩ̍͌͝͏̧͢͏̮̙̪̟t́ͪ̏͋̅́҉̧̧̡̛̪̳͔̬iͫͯ͑ͬ̒̍̉̇ͥͬ̑ͬ̿̀̚҉̧̣̝̟̞̺v̧͖̱̮̖͔̘̖̦̜̠̇́̇ͧ̔̾͂͊̓ͤͥ̊̄̊̾͂ͩ̐͡à̶̵͓͓̥̗̖̫͎̳̯͕ͯ̈́̿ͩ͂͒ͬͣ̐̒̑͆̓̅́̚̕͠ṯ̝͙̱͓͔̱͙̘̣̯̰͒͑ͥ̐̀͢͟ė̸̵͔͖̤͕̥̙͔̩̿̉̆̈̒͊ͥ̔ͭ̊̔̾̓̚͞͝d̆ͥͬͯ̎̑̿ͧ͊̓͌ͤͨ̽̅́҉̮̲͍̱̘̯̞͚͉̹̤̩̱̪̯͎̕͜ ̴̶̴̧̞͎̜͔͎̣͔̐ͧ͋ͥ͡-̥͉̺͖̗̖̟͚̫̪͎̘ͭ̿͌ͧ̑̈́̊̽͜͡-̵̼̭̥͚̙̟̼̯̥͈̪̗̳̱͚͚̪̆̋̐̅ͥͤ̎͑̋͌ͥͪ̊̐ͦ͂ͤͅ ̴̡̝͈̤̲̯̪͈̦ͭ̆̆͋͛̈̑̇͐̏̀̅̃͊̑M͇͔̞ͭ̉ͩͪ́͢͠c̈ͦ̈̍͋̒ͥ͆̽̑̔̔͏͏̯͉̖̬͠Ç̪̻̥͚͕͔̹͇̏̑͒̑͑̅́̀̚͢͡ŗ̗̮̜̖̻͕̫ͤͨͯ̉̽ͨ̀ͥ̅̍̕e̵̴̷̳̦͖̦̞̓͌͋̐̄̔̋̅͒̾̄̈́̏͞a̧͆͗͗͂͋͒̄ͤ̃̉ͥ̔͑ͪͦ́҉̢̧̥͈̻̱̺̮̱̺̪͖͉͙͉͟r̃̂ͭ́̚҉̶̢̣̖͍̳̻̻͙̣̙̫̦̦̠̙ͅy̛͚̟͓̳ͣ̾ͧ̓̅̃̐͊̏͑ͥ̔ͮ͗́̚͢͜͠.̈́̇͛́ͩ͏͏͚͇͎̝

[12][2]Your hand slips into the glove, and despite your nose dripping blood on the floor, despite McFee trying to pull you away, you activate your powers, focusing on those tiny little atoms of metal that stick out into the fingers of the gloves, connected into impossible chains of...of...madness? No element, no molecule, no matter can be that compact, that complex, that-- spikes slip deep into the tips of your fingers, into the bones.

But despite the promise, you don't feel whole. Just wrong. Th-this isn't right. This connection... but the glove, once loose, now feels like a second skin, tightening around your hand and digging more needles into your bones. A shiver runs down your spine, as you feel disgusted with it, with yourself, with everything, and you grip your arm hard. You strain, hearing your elbow pop, hearing your sinews and muscles start to come apart as you desperately try to rip your---his arm off at the elbow--

[14+3 vs 7]
I̠͇̰̝ͅm̶̘̭̝̯̻͎p̴̟̯̻̼r̰̰͎o̦̞̹p̘̬e̞̼͔̦̖̝r̙̲͖͔̦͈ ͔͔͕̞̫̜Á̝̭̳͇̣̜̗r͕̤̭͟ͅm̘͎̭͍͔͚o͍͙̣͖̟̭r̮̤̼̙̭ ͚͓̭͞F͠i̹̝͢t̸̩̲t̼͙̖i҉̱͓̬̦̮̰̦n͈̱g̯͓̮:͕ ̧̳͈Ú̝̯̫̦̩͕̲s͔̠̥i̖n̘̕g̥̭̟̠ ̢d̗͍̱̦̰̖̳͝e̗s̴̳i̯͓̝͓̝̥̕g͖̯̹n͉̭̭̬at̲̤̤̜͕̕ͅi͖̩o̝n̛͎͍̠̣̖͇ ̲̙͎M̭̙͍c̫͉̖̱̘̖͇C͓͙̤̼͓̝͘r̷͔e̠̯̱͓̤̝̤͟a̜͈͙r͈̜̪̻͘y͉̻͔̣ ̨̱̠̼̪͓̥s͖̩̠̻i͎͉g̢̝͈̩̫n̗̯a͎̻̭̫̣ͅt҉͈͉̞͎u̖̩̥̙̤͜r͏e̤̗̪̲̼͍ ̜ͅt̖͚̦̪̟̮͔o̝̥̱̤͎͕͙ ͡i̛̲̺̭͈͎̠ͅn̻̮͙̺̘ṭ̰̭͇̣̰ͅe̩̯r̻͚f̢̹a͉̜̫͝ͅc̞͎͖̫͈͍̞e̞̖̺̞.͇͍̪
̪i̴n̘̹̝̱̱̻̺t́e̼̗̳̠͙̠̦r͈̙̝͕͖f̥͈̯̞͚̪ͅa̫ce̯̻̗:̥̺͚͓̙͡Su̩c̺̞̤̟̗͇ͅc͔̤̙̮e͓̹̙͕̘s̷͉̩͉͉͇͎ͅs̼̬f̮͚̗̩͕̪̦u͠l̶̠͚̫̥̭.

The disgust fades slowly, leaving you cradling your broken arm as blood blooms beneath the surface. The glove doesn't come off, but doesn't dig any more needles into your body. Guards approach from behind, but none of them hold hostile intent-- Zachary wraps a coat around you, calling for a medic.

There was supposed to be a connection, but it feels instead like you're wearing someone's skin.

[Greetings 'McCreary', what is our primary objective today?] A soft voice echoes in your head, polite, gentle, almost loving. But it almost encourages you to throw up instead of feel comforted.[You have injuries. Should I lower nutrient transfer to allow for faster healing?]

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 08:57:44 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: March 20, 2020, 05:26:10 pm »

Ouch.

"Food... please..."

[Greetings.  State your name and your capabilities.]
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 05:33:16 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: March 20, 2020, 05:33:23 pm »

ahh
evil vampire armor
whyyy

[Do so. Immediately.]

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: March 20, 2020, 05:43:03 pm »

McCreary was on his way to becoming a god-emperor-- on his way to usurping SEED entirely. SEED cut him short.

Perhaps we might find something here on the origins of SEED and of [demons]. Be sure to leave ourselves time to head back and meet Brother Hop.
+1
I think SEED killed his armor, the armor doesn’t talk anymore, it is cold, are we wearing a corpse? It was once alive

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: March 20, 2020, 05:43:48 pm »

"Bring her food! Bring Emma down!" Zachary orders, one of his guards hesitates, looking between the two of you. He rises, walking right up to the soldier, barking the orders directly into that woman's face with a sudden savageness that surprises you. "Yes, Father Zachary." She barks back, unhappy. A medic appears between two other guards, and immediately goes to you after a nod from Zachary. "We need to get her to the hospita--"

"Let her eat first. I doubt we can fix that." Zachary orders, with all the calmness of a brewing storm, and the medic nods, kneeling down to examine your arm intently.

[Designation: Lucille. Unit code ------] The static that it speaks would drive you down to the ground were you not already there, [Capabilites: ...Advanced protection from slashing, cutting, stabbing, burning, las-fire, projectile weaponry, environmental adaption, live location, and communicat-- COMMUNICATIONS OFF -- ion data, transmitted in real-time, [Infection] antibody control, power amplification and unconscious body and armor repair.]

[Your dimensions have changed--would you like to run a refitting diagnostic to ensure proper fit, darling?]

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: March 20, 2020, 05:46:11 pm »

[Yes.]

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: March 20, 2020, 05:56:39 pm »