00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240386 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #390 on: March 04, 2020, 11:07:40 pm »

"Ah yeah..."

"Moore mentioned a drug he wanted to distribute.  He said he had supply lines throughout the Holy City.  I also got confirmation from Moore himself that he was behind the attempted kidnapping."

Say this. Maybe let ourselves slur it a little-- with this headache we've got, clear enunciation isn't gonna help us much.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 04, 2020, 11:09:13 pm »

"Ah yeah..."

"Moore mentioned a drug he wanted to distribute.  He said he had supply lines throughout the Holy City.  I also got confirmation from Moore himself that he was behind the attempted kidnapping."

Say this. Maybe let ourselves slur it a little-- with this headache we've got, clear enunciation isn't gonna help us much.
+1, no need to get him even more suspicious

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 04, 2020, 11:15:07 pm »

I kinda suspect what Thornton's trying to figure out here is how we blew a hole through half the building, by the by... but then, I'm hoping to skirt that particular question for now anyway. This is better.

This headache of ours is real nasty. I'm tempted to try and use a healing surge on ourselves once we've got a spare moment, but seeing as we gave ourselves this headache pulling such shenanigans in the first place... probably best to just sleep it off when we get the chance? We'll see what happens, I guess.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 04, 2020, 11:22:02 pm »

Hmm... I think it's about Polly's father.  Spill our guts about that.  Emphasize how we refused to harm William.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 11:23:36 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: March 04, 2020, 11:25:02 pm »

Hmm... I think it's about Polly's father.  Spill our guts about that.  Emphasize how we refused to harm William.
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 04, 2020, 11:35:47 pm »

Hmm... I think it's about Polly's father.

I'm... I'm confused. Where do you get that?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 11:38:27 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 04, 2020, 11:39:41 pm »

This passage:

Quote from: update
'For Polly' glints in the light as he finishes his beer and retrieves another,

Plus, that's the greatest way in which we are currently a threat to William.  We know he killed Polly, and we know he almost certainly killed her father, too.  He wouldn't want Emma finding out the truth, as it would contradict his own story.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 04, 2020, 11:45:22 pm »

Hm, I assumed that was just flavor text... guy's been showing off that gun ever since he met us, yes?

Didn't occur to me that Billy was the one to slaughter those two-- makes sense in retrospect. (I'm not sure Phoebe knows that, mind-- recall, she rolled a 4 on that perception check!) Regardless, I'd rather not dredge up that particular pair of murders unless Billy gives us a straight question... sounds like trouble we don't need.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 11:48:56 pm by Superdorf »

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 04, 2020, 11:49:14 pm »

It was mentioned once in the diner scene, in the same update in which we came to realize the tension between Emma and William.  I think it's only been mentioned for thematic reasons.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 05, 2020, 12:14:37 am »

Right-- and I'm inclined to believe it's thematic here too.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 05, 2020, 12:17:32 am »

Specifically, the theme of hostility between the Thornton siblings, so if it's mentioned here, it is likely related.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 05, 2020, 12:32:05 am »

...y'know what? Let's just ask.

"Ah yeah..."

After the above: "Not sure that's what you want me to tell you right now tho. Not thinking too clear right now. There something particular you're trying to ask me?"

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: March 05, 2020, 12:40:56 am »

...y'know what? Let's just ask.

"Ah yeah..."

After the above: "Not sure that's what you want me to tell you right now tho. Not thinking too clear right now. There something particular you're trying to ask me?"

Alright, that seems fair.  +1.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 05, 2020, 12:54:37 am »

Fun fact, in an alternate timeline he rolled a nat 20 and you rolled a 2-1.

[16]"That was our Ballistic." William laughs, scratching at his scruffy chin with the lip of the bottle, "He got the recipe from one of our scientists." He ticks his head out the door, "We leveled the lab, though. My only concern is if he sent the recipe to whatever businessmen he called his friends."

He laughs, "We also have those routes into the City. It's not hard to find a smuggler. It's funny how he tried to negotiate with that, though." He ignores you confirming that it was Moore who organized the kidnapping, not commenting, besides for a brief sour look that crosses his fair features. He's all smiles, seemingly satisfied with the day's events-- until you speak again, slurring together a disorganized sentence.

[15]"Well, there's the little issue of a huge freakin' hole in the wall of the upstairs office. You obviously used the det-pack on the cannon, so I'm just wondering how you did that. Not to mention you put away enough food for about three people just now...you ain't got a scratch on you, besides for y'know, the mystery blood leaking from every orifice of your face." William shrugs his shoulders, leaning forward on the bartop and setting his pistol down, "I'm a curious guy. Like to investigate curious circumstances. Currently, that's you." He lifts a hand, waving it away, "I think I have an idea, but I'd like to hear it from you before jumping to conclusions."

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 05, 2020, 12:57:01 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 05, 2020, 12:56:05 am »

I... really overthought that.  I'm glad we asked.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 381