00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 238976 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet
« Reply #465 on: March 07, 2020, 02:48:00 pm »

((I'd rather not crush her hopes again.))

Give her a hug
You're someone special...
+1
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 03:10:23 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: March 07, 2020, 03:20:58 pm »

((I'd rather not crush her hopes again.))

When did we...?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: March 07, 2020, 03:26:51 pm »

((She has developed feelings for us.))

"Now. I'm not a killer by choice, Mr. Thornton, and I'm not one to seek vengeance-- I've only ever fought to protect myself and my own. Last night, I fought to protect a friend." You tick your head to Emma as you speak. She looks a little deflated at that but smiles at you anyway.
Emma leads you to the first bar she notices, confidently striding in with you in tow. A few students are clustered around the bar, and there's a number of locals irregularly distributed across the remaining tables. A few glance at you, then at Emma, eyeing your hair, of all things. A few leave, at that, dipping respectful nods to the two of while hurrying away. McGee is the only student that greets the two of you, the others aren't your friends, and so only glance your way before resuming their conversation.

Emma takes one look at the students at the bar and instead claims a table nearby. Mcgee breaks away to greet you and exchange pleasantries, before returning to the other group with a small wink given your way. Emma flushes, but doesn't say anything, ordering a bottle of wine for herself. You, actually at ease despite the apparent nervousness of the locals, buy a bottle of cheap liquor to sip on.

"Rumor mills work fast, huh?" She offers, apologetically, a small smile gracing her lips. "Sorry about...all this. And for dragging you into Family business."

[5][2]"My best friend is safe, that's all that matters to me." You reply, giving her a smile. She returns it, and the two of you lapse into what you feel like is a comfortable silence, drinking your drinks.  You start crowd-watching, having picked a seat perfect for watching the door and window. Locals come and go, talking, laughing, commiserating. The drinks flow from the bar, bottles, and cups being passed down and around. McGee gets in a fight with another boy, and before you can lift yourself up, he throws the other young man to the ground. The other student scurries off, and McGee celebrates with a chugged beer, laughing.

You note with pride that its a move you taught him during physical training. Shifting to one side, grabbing the enemy and letting their momentum be their own undoing.

"Do you like fighting?" Emma asks. "I never did. I always used to avoid conflict, when I was younger...but then no one really messes with my Family and lives, so maybe that was to save other people's health more than my own. I'm generous like that." She does her best haughty voice, brushing some hair over her shoulder in an exaggerated manner.

Also, note the (?) In the status for our relationship wit her.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 03:29:28 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: March 07, 2020, 03:39:30 pm »

Give her a hug
You're someone special...
+1
+1
@ZBridges
I didn’t notice Emma had feelings for Phoebe, I didn’t see those as cues

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: March 07, 2020, 03:41:48 pm »

[13]"I hope it doesn't happen in our lifetimes." Emma murmurs, lifting a toast, "To the future generations that have to fight."

You toast to that, draining half the bottle in a hard burning swallow. Emma lifts an eyebrow, giggling.

"I don't know how you can drink that much and not be drunk."

"Drugs just don't seem to effect me that much." You offer with a half-shrug.

"You could out drink William, I think."

You and Emma both finish your bottles at roughly the same time, and seem to both be just as drunk. You're not quite slurring, but you have a very pleasant buzz, and you find yourself focusing on Emma's robe for some odd reason.

"We should go." Emma rises, tossing bills on the table. You follow suit, paying for your drink and heading out the door. Emma leans against you heavily.

You don't think she needs to, judging by her steady gait.

It isn't until you're outside of town that she asks, softly, "Pheobe? What am I to you?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: March 07, 2020, 03:43:36 pm »

Yeah, I figured that out (or at least suspected) awhile back... never connected it to the "(?)" tho. Makes sense in retrospect.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: March 07, 2020, 06:27:14 pm »

The current action of choice seems a little vague, what is the intent?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: March 07, 2020, 06:28:47 pm »

My vote is for the intent to show that we reciprocate her feelings. 

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: March 07, 2020, 11:03:10 pm »

You are one of my best friends, and I really value that connection.  I am *very* open to exploring other possibilities though...

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: March 08, 2020, 12:12:10 am »

"You're someone special...You're one of my best friends, and I really value that connection.  I am -very- open to exploring other possibilities though..." You trail off, hugging Emma close, she stares in disbelief, then kisses you. You return it. Your first kiss is like many first kisses, awkward and short. Emma giggles, leaning against you as you two continue to walk.

"McGee and James are going to be soo mad." She brags to you good-naturedly, with a wry smile, "They bet me [.2 credits] each you weren't interested in anyone. I told them that you'd fall for me, in the end." She smiles shyly, "I"m really glad you did."

That explains that, but you walk along at ease, content, no, happy with your life. You part ways in the dormitory with another kiss, you heading to the laundry room to clean your clothes, while she collapses into bed. You aren't entirely surprised when you find Brother Hop in the washroom, washing his clothes. He nods to you, passively, and politely takes his leave.

"Gainer."

"Brother Hop."

You wash in silence, cleaning your outfit and clothes while relaxing under the shower-- until that shower-heads ration of hot water runs out. No one besides you showers this late, so you hop under another. You're not tipsy anymore. Alcohol leaves your system quickly when you don't inundate yourself in it regularly.

But you are tired, and your muscles ache with the strain of the last few days, whatever mental block you have in place falling away with the steaming hot water. You wonder if this should burn you, it seems to burn others, but it just makes you feel clean.

Your thoughts drift, coming to fixate on something that's been nagging you since you woke up, something that no amount of exercise or affection can entirely hide—the brunette mother of baby Moore, her last gasping breaths, her bloodstained face. You search for regret but find nothing. Fixating on the image burned into your brain gives you a brief respite from the sense of self-doubt, a self-inflicted scar to prove to yourself...what?

Are you a killer? A soldier? A demon? Most days, you don't feel human. Everything is distant, especially these people living around you. They fall into line without you needing to speak, following along with your plans and actions like sediment in a river. Is that your birth-right? To unconsciously sweep these people along with your whims and wants?

The water turns ice cold as you lose yourself in moments of self-doubt and reflection. Did William plan this? Did he know about this gap? Does he suffer the same?

You leave the washroom, feeling the bite of the night air. You try to focus on it, on trying to feel cold. But there's no point-- something in your mind notices those impulses of your nervous system and isolates them. The cold fades to..nothing.

You don't remember crawling into bed, instead wondering if everyone else doesn't bother undressing before sleeping. Your kevlar is more comfortable than any blanket, the tough fabric of your pants and shirts holding you close.

[19] You don't dream.

The dormitory is bustling, Emma and Eric directing the morning cooking duty with trained skill. You set the table and pour the water, joining in the conversations in your usual half-hearted way. After breakfast, Emma approaches McGee and James, laughing as they fork over the money. You laugh with her.

She wants to spend the day with you, and you wonder how you'll spend the next three days after that.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Relationships (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 12:42:08 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: March 08, 2020, 12:22:55 am »

Interesting, a reminder that we are more or less than human.  At the same time, however, we don't seem to resemble any of the demons we read about, except in that we fell from the sky.  Strange. 

I'd be interested in exploring in further depth our abilities and limits during our free time if others are up for that.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: March 08, 2020, 12:25:56 am »

Have a look at our status bar, too:

You are Pheobe͚͇ ̵̳͖͙͓͔̖͜A҉͠͏͖l̷͈̪̭̥̪ ҉̺̠̗̮̣͖̞G͏̶̜̻͕̫̮ainer.

We lost the headache. We gained this.
I suspect it's permanent.

At some point in days to come, we need to look up our own name in the academy library: "Alphira". The chances are slim, but there may be something there.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: March 08, 2020, 12:26:41 am »

At some point in days to come, we need to look up our own name in the academy library: "Alphira". The chances are slim, but there may be something there.
+1

Hmm.  Perhaps the more we use our powers, the more we begin to remember our previous identity.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: March 08, 2020, 12:37:01 am »

It's either that, or trauma. I'm not sure which.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: March 08, 2020, 12:43:53 am »

+1

Hmm.  Perhaps the more we use our powers, the more we begin to remember our previous identity.
+1 to this and
Interesting, a reminder that we are more or less than human.  At the same time, however, we don't seem to resemble any of the demons we read about, except in that we fell from the sky.  Strange. 

I'd be interested in exploring in further depth our abilities and limits during our free time if others are up for that.
+1 to this
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 381