00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240314 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #960 on: March 21, 2020, 04:30:28 pm »

Allowing the Thorntons to augment their influence and capacity for warfare could be dangerous in the long run, but it could also be helpful in that it would establish the Thorntons as true rivals to a hostile institution, namely the Scholars as led by SEED.   Overall, I would support this.

Deal.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: March 21, 2020, 04:47:55 pm »

Allowing the Thorntons to augment their influence and capacity for warfare could be dangerous in the long run, but it could also be helpful in that it would establish the Thorntons as true rivals to a hostile institution, namely the Scholars as led by SEED.   Overall, I would support this.

Deal.
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: March 21, 2020, 04:49:10 pm »

"You've got technology here to change the course of a war... but you need legitimacy."

"I'm interested, William. I'm interested. But tell me... what happens if the Scholars get word of where you're sourcing your tech? What happens if the Crusaders get word? Would the word of an [angel] assuage even that?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: March 21, 2020, 04:58:56 pm »

"Considering they took a [demon] and turned her into an [angel]?" William replies, with a suddenly twisted smile, "Legitimacy is a funny thing to mention. Once it's gone, it's gone. Did you know that we recently bought a newspaper company in the Holy City? It's amazing what you can buy when you have control of the drug trade." That crooked smile grows as he looks at you, "Thank you for that, by the way."

William turns to look at the soldier, "We didn't use any technology from said [demon] in the production, just as an...inspiration, to help the Great Work." You can hear the contempt in his voice, but he looks to your two guards with interest, "The Crusaders will do what they've always done. Look the other way when it benefits them."

They don't reply, and you're happy Zachary scheduled loyal guards today.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: March 21, 2020, 05:02:26 pm »

He's attempting to apply leverage by threatening to delegitimize us through his newspaper company.  Obviously these overt threats are unacceptable.  We will have to deal with this family eventually, but for now they are sufficiently useful and reliable allies against a stronger enemy, SEED.

"It's a deal."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: March 21, 2020, 05:10:05 pm »

He's attempting to apply leverage by threatening to delegitimize us through his newspaper company.  Obviously these overt threats are unacceptable.  We will have to deal with this family eventually, but for now they are sufficiently useful and reliable allies against a stronger enemy, SEED.

"It's a deal."
i thought we did this already? +1 if we havn’t

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: March 21, 2020, 05:12:33 pm »

We have, I just wanted to make sure all three players in attendance agreed, as it will have a large effect on the story as a whole!  ;)

That way, down the line when everything horribly backfires, I can have a finger to point with.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 05:14:09 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: March 21, 2020, 05:32:57 pm »

"Redeeming the technology of our enemy in the Great Work's name... aye, that could work. That could work."

"It's a deal."

+1

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: March 21, 2020, 05:45:15 pm »

Reaching across, you shake William's hand, and he grins. Turning to one of his guards, he asks him, gently, "Go relieve Gem, if you could. I'm sure my sister and her girlfriend would love to meet the newest Thornton."

The guard returns, carrying a small child. Moore has grown a lot, as babies often do, since the last time you saw him. The guard sets him down, and he immediately flees towards William, hiding behind the man's coat as he looks to the two of you. William, however, nudges him over with a gentle, "Family. That's your aunt Emma and her friend Pheobe."

The child relaxes when he hears the word Family, and approaches the two of you in silence. "Hi." Is about all he musters, looking at the two of you with wide eyes. Emma breaks into a smile, leaning forward with a practiced air to offer the boy her hand. He shakes it crudely, but smiles, especially after looking to William, who nods at him in encouragement.
Emma asks him a lot of questions, and he offers disjointed, barely comprehending answers, but is all smiles...he keeps looking at you, however, and seems uncomfortable in your presence.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: March 21, 2020, 05:51:46 pm »

"Hey, little guy.  Do you want to see something cool?"  Make a tiny rose made of flame using Inferno, keeping it far out of reach of the child.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: March 21, 2020, 05:54:40 pm »

Hesitate. Kneel. Hold a hand out.

No words.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: March 21, 2020, 06:15:02 pm »

Hmm.  My opinion on the matter is that I don't want to be cold to a child and make the situation more awkward.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: March 21, 2020, 06:15:59 pm »

"Hey, little guy.  Do you want to see something cool?"  Make a tiny rose made of flame using Inferno, keeping it far out of reach of the child.
+1 but make the rose out of the ground, what are we standing on, by the way? A rose made of soil is far less dangerous than one made of fire

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: March 21, 2020, 06:23:23 pm »

True, but my perspective is that I don't want to mess up his house, and we are better at controlling Inferno than the stone shaping power.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: March 21, 2020, 06:26:12 pm »

Oh right
+1 to original, then
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 381