00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240262 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1275 on: March 28, 2020, 05:38:44 pm »

William barks a short laugh at that, smiling once more. "She's like a [devil] on my shoulder. I thought I was bad...I think she's giving up though."

He looks at you again though, and the smile drains, replaced once more by that look of deference. "I...I understand a lot about you, now, Pheobe. Maybe too much. There are other worlds than this, isn't there? Everything in my life...seems so microscopic now. The feats...the things we could do together."

With a wicked grin forming, "I don't know if I should punch you in your face or drop to my knees and pray to you." His metallic hand forms into a fist, and he closes his eyes. Blood begins to drip from his nose, his features curling in pain, even as he starts to sway. Eventually, a small reaction coalesces in his hand. Heat radiates out from an invisible hydrogen flame. "This is power." He slurs, looking triumphant. You reach out with your willpower, and feel his in turn. Similiar. Very similar. But weaker. Far weaker. He's exerting  himself immensely to do something that you can now do with ease.

He's missing too many of his bones to be as powerful as us, Patches. Those limbs he wears are too much a part of his identity to regrow new ones. The...VOID incorporated them as part of him, but they cannot produce new 'dust' like we can, I'm sure.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: March 28, 2020, 05:41:32 pm »

"It's... a pale shadow, Will. But I'm glad you're alive. After what you did for me out there... I'm glad you're alive."

That's probably for the best.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 05:44:24 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: March 28, 2020, 05:48:12 pm »

"It's... a pale shadow, Will. But I'm glad you're alive. After what you did for me out there... I'm glad you're alive."

That's probably for the best.
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: March 28, 2020, 05:55:36 pm »

"I'm sorry." William apologizes. You have never heard him apologize. "I'll be as strong as I can for you, Pheobe. I..." You notice, with surprise, that his eyes are watering, and he turns away, "I don't know what else to say." With a twist of his limbs, he wipes at his face. "SEED, I hate religion, it makes it hard for me not to feel like a god has blessed me. Alphira says you're...we're destined for the stars. I'm sure Emma will want to come with you...I want to see these worlds, Pheobe." His fist clenches as he finishes his rambling with a defiant, "I'll fight for you as long as I can, I swear."

Smart. And he's pretty and strong. If he were weaker, we'd be dealing with a feral beast at this point, overwhelmed by the lack of identity...I want him..

"I...want to ask a favor, Pheobe." William glances to Silas, who looks uncomfortable, "I want to kill my Father and his loyalists. They're short-sighted, cruel. Stupid. They'll hold the Thornton name back, back on this speck of dust when a universe awaits it. Please," He begs, "Please help me with this."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: March 28, 2020, 06:00:21 pm »

"I will, but first I must see to this war.  I don't know if they'll let me continue to fight after I lost so many brave soldiers, but I must persevere, at least try, until the job is done.  Will you join me?"
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 06:06:19 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: March 28, 2020, 06:33:13 pm »

"I've no love towards your father and his goons, but... well, I'll need to ask Emma about it. Breaking down the Moores was one thing, but her own father-- she deserves a say in the matter."
"By the way, how's she taking your-- transformation?"

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: March 28, 2020, 06:50:09 pm »

"I'm already with you. Here's the rub-- we're withholding materials for the war effort on his orders." William grins widely, turning to face you. "All told, in the last ten months we've made one hundred Thornton soldiers. We have the technology and equipment to make ten a month. Now, if we invest the Thornton treasury into it, place it in the Holy City supply network, we can bump that up to twenty, maybe thirty. Probably less. We have plenty of recruits, some of which are already missing limbs." William is manic, wringing his hands as he paces. "Five months, we have one hundred more augmented soldiers. Maybe more if we have the support of SEED."

"My father is withholding the technology and expertise to -win- this war."

William pauses when you ask about his sister, giving a dark chuckle, "I think she's jealous."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 07:02:27 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: March 28, 2020, 07:02:41 pm »

Hmm.  I agree that we should check in with Emma first, but if doing that would improve the war effort, it is tempting.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: March 28, 2020, 07:21:44 pm »

Hmm.  I agree that we should check in with Emma first, but if doing that would improve the war effort, it is tempting.

Yeah, I'm all for it-- but it's really not our decision to make.

"Jealous! I'd do the same for her in a heartbeat."
"I... really need to speak with her, actually." (Pick ourself up.) "Could you point me to the right place?"

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: March 28, 2020, 07:34:51 pm »

Yeah, I'm all for it-- but it's really not our decision to make.

"Jealous! I'd do the same for her in a heartbeat."
"I... really need to speak with her, actually." (Pick ourself up.) "Could you point me to the right place?"

+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: March 28, 2020, 07:46:00 pm »

"The minds of women." William offers with a cheeky grin and you give him a giggle at that. You rise up, and he actually offers you a hand. His personality seems completely different, besides for that twisted smile his face always seems to find. He's in his family's uniform, and you notice that it seems to be more tightly secured, less unkempt.

"Cafeteria."  William offers. "Have fun."

You go where he directs, that is, after a brief stop to your bedroom for something more substantial than the cheap poly gown you had on. You feel better, strapping yourself into your uniform. More comfortable.

Emma is sitting over a plate of pancakes, looking up at you and giving a wave. You approach, sitting next to her, and she leans into you. "You regrew a hand. I get so worried and you always spring back. How's your head, though? I'm sure you've heard about Rodstadt by now."

She pushes a newspaper over to you. "They all say it's a stunning victory, but..."

Spoiler: A Holy City newspaper (click to show/hide)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: March 28, 2020, 07:52:34 pm »

"No need to worry about me.  I'm fine.  Well, I suppose the propaganda wing of SEED is doing a good job, but it wasn't really a victory.  Casualties neared 100%.  It was brutal.  I still see some of the soldiers when I close my eyes."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: March 28, 2020, 08:01:19 pm »

"No need to worry about me.  I'm fine.  Well, I suppose the propaganda wing of SEED is doing a good job, but it wasn't really a victory.  Casualties neared 100%.  It was brutal.  I still see some of the soldiers when I close my eyes."
+1

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: March 28, 2020, 08:13:19 pm »

We doing the PTSD thing, hm?

"No need to worry about me.  I'm fine.  Well, I suppose the propaganda wing of SEED is doing a good job, but it wasn't really a victory.  Casualties neared 100%.  It was brutal."

+1-- take our time with the words tho. There's a fine line between reassuring and condescending, and a fine line between shell-shock and a boast.

"I still see some of the soldiers when I close my eyes."

Do we tho?

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: March 28, 2020, 08:16:13 pm »

I mean, that was pretty tough.  I don't think most people could see that sort of death and not be bothered by it.  Also, in what way is a ton of casualties a "boast?"
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 08:19:10 pm by ZBridges »
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 381