00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240409 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1290 on: March 28, 2020, 08:16:52 pm »

We doing the PTSD thing, hm?

"No need to worry about me.  I'm fine.  Well, I suppose the propaganda wing of SEED is doing a good job, but it wasn't really a victory.  Casualties neared 100%.  It was brutal."

+1-- take our time with the words tho. There's a fine line between reassuring and condescending, and a fine line between shell-shock and a boast.

"I still see some of the soldiers when I close my eyes."

Do we tho?
+1 to the top part, -1 to the bottom part
I don’t think we need to lie

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: March 28, 2020, 08:27:28 pm »

I mean, that was pretty tough.  I don't think most people could see that sort of death and not be bothered by it.

Sure-- I'm curious as to the actual extent of the mental damage, is all. Maybe we're just shaken up a bit. Maybe we really do have a brand-new recurring daymare to deal with. I suspect that's up to the dice more than it is to us.

...or maybe I shouldn't be giving the GM ideas?  :-X
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: March 28, 2020, 08:37:07 pm »

Isn't roleplay something we're supposed to do?  This is the "forum games and roleplaying" section of the forum, after all.  Also, how is disclosing a ton of casualties a "boast?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: March 28, 2020, 08:46:39 pm »

Ahh, maybe I'm being needlessly contrarian. Apologies.

"No need to worry about me.  I'm fine.  Well, I suppose the propaganda wing of SEED is doing a good job, but it wasn't really a victory.  Casualties neared 100%.  It was brutal.  I still see some of the soldiers when I close my eyes."

+1

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: March 28, 2020, 08:57:18 pm »

Gem comes to mind, as do the Majors, and you feel remorseful for their deaths. But, and you feel vaguely bad about this, you don't feel much for the dead rank and file.

[4]A soldier's life is to die where they are told...I hope they died standing. You agree with Alphira, surprising both of you.

[18] You know there's something wrong with your brain, at this point, and how you view your fellow soldiers.

"No need to worry about me.  I'm fine.  Well, I suppose the propaganda wing of SEED is doing a good job, but it wasn't really a victory.  Casualties neared one hundred percent...  It was brutal..."

"I figured as much," Emma murmurs, wrapping an arm around you. "I'm just glad you're okay. That's all that matters in the end."
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 09:00:21 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: March 28, 2020, 09:00:01 pm »

Huh.  You were right.  We're tougher than I thought.

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: March 28, 2020, 09:55:19 pm »

There is something wrong with the way this war is being fought.

Insects cant be killed by the laser guns, only the abominations.  But most of the abominations, at least the most dangerous ones, are soldiers who had lasguns.

The tactics seem to be feeding the horde.  We never saw the tactics up close before but now it can be certain the ones they are using are terrible.

We can not feel guilty over all the deaths but we can not ignore it.

Why is artillery so poorly used.  Why do they not have advanced communications, even just short range radio.

If the insects create the [demons] though nesting how many more might be out there behind the front lines?

That wasn't the king of the dead, that was an infant.

We need better weapons, something that can fire an entire lasgun blast worth of energy like an automatic rifle if we power it or a man portable tank energy cannon.  One of those blades but much larger and heavier, since we can use it.

I think a key thing while we are healing is to get every general and advisors together and go over new battle plans. And execute any who do not agree to follow the new plans.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: March 28, 2020, 10:09:26 pm »

Huh.  You were right.  We're tougher than I thought.

Some people get flashbacks. Some people just kind of... shut down. Some people do both. Trauma is weird.
We do seem to be a bit messed up from the experience-- you were right on that count. Is just manifesting differently.

*snip*

Good stuff. We have a game plan.

"could say the same for you"

"...I think I broke your brother."

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: March 28, 2020, 10:21:03 pm »

I love it when you guys strategize like that!

"...He said thank you to me earlier today. For watching you..." Emma scratches at her face, "It's...weird. He hasn't said thank you to me in ten years...He woke up well before you did, and I swear he  was at your side the whole time after."

"What did you do to him?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: March 29, 2020, 02:44:09 am »

Perhaps something like...

"It was a blood transfusion, and I think it saved his life.  As for how that affected him... I think he's like me now.  He does seem... different."

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: March 29, 2020, 03:36:30 am »

"...you...you gave him your blood," Emma asks, seeming dumbstruck, then facepalms, rubbing at her brow in the same motion. "And made him into an...[angel]?"

"SEED...that explains a lot." When you simply sit there, bemused, Emma shakes her head at you. She smiles wryly as she begins to explain, "The...Families, or, as SEED calls them, Warlords...Businessmen. They're different than the general population. My father always taught us that the Families were here before SEED."

You raise your brow, and she waves a hand. "I don't know if its true or not, but there are differences between Families and the people of SEED. But all it revolves around, from what I've studied, is how the two cultures create contracts. With the people of SEED, contracts are made in the name of...-their- God. With some Families, not all of them, though, contracts are made with 'blood'. Either the spilled blood of the enemy, your own blood being spilled for someone else, so on. Metaphors."

"I think it started from some vague threat and blossomed out over time as myths and legend and culture are wont to do. It's still a threat, don't get me wrong, but now the Families that follow that view anybody within their group as blood relatives, hence why all of our troops and high-level retainers take the Thornton last name."

"You can see where I'm going with this, right? Coupled with...whatever your blood did to him..." She pauses, staring at you wide-eyed, "Did William rescue you? Is that how he got all tore up?"
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 03:45:14 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: March 29, 2020, 03:49:15 am »

"I realize now what the implications are... He did save me several times and put his life in great danger.  I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him.  Honestly, he deserves a commendation."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: March 29, 2020, 03:54:56 am »

"I realize now what the implications are... He did save me several times and put his life in great danger.  I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for him.  Honestly, he deserves a commendation."
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: March 29, 2020, 04:02:42 am »

"He shed his blood to save you, and you did the same." Emma opines, idly, "It sounds familiar, but I can't put my finger on it."

[7] You think she's hinting at something, but for the life of you, you can't figure it out.

Emma leans into you more, puffing out a sigh equal parts contentment and exasperation. "What part of any of that made it seem like he would care for any higher commendation than sharing the [magic, superstition, primitive science] blood of an Angel? William is devoted to the concept like you used to be devoted to SEED. He already feels indebted to you to the point where he's trying to be nice to us."

[5] "You completely validated his qausi-religious world view." Emma finally offers, with a sigh. "I just hope it doesn't go to his head."
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 04:08:16 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: March 29, 2020, 04:09:22 am »

"You're right, he seems happy, but something about it is making me uneasy.  Do you think this change is an improvement or a disaster waiting to happen?"
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 381