00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240329 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1380 on: March 30, 2020, 09:56:45 pm »

"To...to help you?" William looks confused, voice lowering, "To get you more Thorton Warmachines. More troops loyal to -you-. Not the Crusader General. Not SEED. You."

"Emma told me a while back about your precarious situation....and even if she didn't, the Crusader General told me all about it when he asked me how much you were paying me."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: March 30, 2020, 10:00:06 pm »

“I will be your backup”

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: March 30, 2020, 10:11:33 pm »

"You don't have the influence to coerce your father into that, or otherwise convince him to agree, without replacing him entirely?  I'm sure you have your loyalists."

"But if you would prefer to replace him..."
“I will be your backup”
« Last Edit: March 30, 2020, 10:30:16 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: March 30, 2020, 10:12:18 pm »

Unrelated to current events, but I looked up on a whim the word "Empyreal". It's used for a couple different things, but its original meaning is thus: "of the Empyrean"-- "of the highest heaven." The word draws its origins from an old Greek term: "ἔμπυρος", or "in the fire".

Fire.

Coincidence? Deliberate linguistic choice? I dunno, but it's a nice little detail on the part of the GM. ;)

"Ah-- ah." (Look down; pinch the bridge of our nose a moment.) "Yes."

Speak soft. "I don't deny... I need the Thorntons behind me. Even if not for my own-- suspicions-- I need soldiers that aren't beholden to the old war machine. The old war machine is obsolete, and it's getting people killed with its obsolescence. I need your family to break the mold."

"I'll back you up. Defend you from your own, if I must. The only thing... if your father is to die, you must be the one to kill him. Emma's little love for the man, but for me to slaughter him on your behalf-- it would cause her pain despite. It must be you."
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: March 30, 2020, 10:23:24 pm »

Unrelated to current events, but I looked up on a whim the word "Empyreal". It's used for a couple different things, but its original meaning is thus: "of the Empyrean"-- "of the highest heaven." The word draws its origins from an old Greek term: "ἔμπυρος", or "in the fire".

Fire.

Coincidence? Deliberate linguistic choice? I dunno, but it's a nice little detail on the part of the GM. ;)

"Ah-- ah." (Look down; pinch the bridge of our nose a moment.) "Yes."

Speak soft. "I don't deny... I need the Thorntons behind me. Even if not for my own-- suspicions-- I need soldiers that aren't beholden to the old war machine. The old war machine is obsolete, and it's getting people killed with its obsolescence. I need your family to break the mold."

"I'll back you up. Defend you from your own, if I must. The only thing... if your father is to die, you must be the one to kill him. Emma's little love for the man, but for me to slaughter him on your behalf-- it would cause her pain despite. It must be you."

he already mentioned this

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: March 31, 2020, 12:25:48 am »

Definitely a deliberate choice I think, nice catch.  A combination, maybe?

"You don't have the influence to coerce your father into that, or otherwise convince him to agree, without replacing him entirely?  I'm sure you have your loyalists."

“I will be your backup...”

...Defend you from your own, if I must. The only thing... if your father is to die, you must be the one to kill him. Emma's little love for the man, but for me to slaughter him on your behalf-- it would cause her pain despite. It must be you."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: March 31, 2020, 04:55:53 am »

Definitely a deliberate choice I think, nice catch.  A combination, maybe?

“I will be your backup...”

...Defend you from your own, if I must. The only thing... if your father is to die, you must be the one to kill him. Emma's little love for the man, but for me to slaughter him on your behalf-- it would cause her pain despite. It must be you."

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: March 31, 2020, 01:41:37 pm »

"Over half my loyalists are dead, Pheobe. On your orders." There's a touch of fire within William's voice as he looks at you, frowning. "And that's all I want, anyway. I'll kill him myself."

"Thank you." With a crooked grin, he continues, "I wouldn't have it any other way. I owe him much."

"Let us now speak of treason?" Wiliam opines, looking over at you, a slight mocking in his voice over your choice of words.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: March 31, 2020, 01:59:06 pm »

"Indeed.  How are you planning on challenging your father?"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: March 31, 2020, 02:06:26 pm »

"I meant your own, Pheobe." William responds, with a twisted grin, "How will you challenge your's?"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: March 31, 2020, 02:08:03 pm »

Good question... we do need a plan for this.  Any ideas?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: March 31, 2020, 02:11:00 pm »

There is something wrong with the way this war is being fought.

Insects cant be killed by the laser guns, only the abominations.  But most of the abominations, at least the most dangerous ones, are soldiers who had lasguns.

The tactics seem to be feeding the horde.  We never saw the tactics up close before but now it can be certain the ones they are using are terrible.

We can not feel guilty over all the deaths but we can not ignore it.

Why is artillery so poorly used.  Why do they not have advanced communications, even just short range radio.

If the insects create the [demons] though nesting how many more might be out there behind the front lines?

That wasn't the king of the dead, that was an infant.

We need better weapons, something that can fire an entire lasgun blast worth of energy like an automatic rifle if we power it or a man portable tank energy cannon.  One of those blades but much larger and heavier, since we can use it.

I think a key thing while we are healing is to get every general and advisors together and go over new battle plans. And execute any who do not agree to follow the new plans.

Voidslayer's post on the matter, since he is en-absentia.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: March 31, 2020, 02:16:08 pm »

"Before we arrive at the defensive lines, we will gather all of the city-state's high-ranking generals and advisors to discuss a change in battle plans, specifically stopping attrition warfare, which I believe is just feeding the plague.  Any that refuse will be forced into... 'retirement,' let's say."

"From there, with new generals, perhaps Thorntons, it will be a simpler matter to consolidate power and see to a soft or hard coup."
« Last Edit: March 31, 2020, 03:00:40 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: March 31, 2020, 04:07:50 pm »

"Before we arrive at the defensive lines, we will gather all of the city-state's high-ranking generals and advisors to discuss a change in battle plans, specifically stopping attrition warfare, which I believe is just feeding the plague.  Any that refuse will be forced into... 'retirement,' let's say."

"From there, with new generals, perhaps Thorntons, it will be a simpler matter to consolidate power and see to a soft or hard coup."

+1 yeah, our previous choice of wording was pretty bad

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: March 31, 2020, 05:11:23 pm »

"I can bring fifty Thornton warmachines to that meeting for you." William volunteers, "And unaugmented soldiers as well. You should speak to your captain of your guard. They're well trained, from what I can see."

"You might have to be concerned about their loyalty." He shrugs a shoulder, rising from his prone position and bringing his rifle to bear on the target once more. He squints, giving the Crusader Armorer a command, which is reluctantly followed, "Armorer-- turn off the lights."

Your eyes adjust rapidly to the darkness, able to focus on the target that lies in front of William. You aren't able to tell a difference. "How will you secure their loyalty after they leave the meeting?" He questions, taking a shot that gouges a chunk from the plastic target's neck. "I mean, its fairly easy to say something to save your skin, and then decide against it later." The rifle hisses, and William waits patiently, lowering his voice, "Maybe we should make Emma stay at the Thornton estate, during this attempt, so they lose all leverage on you."
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 381