00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240283 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1440 on: April 01, 2020, 06:49:30 am »

H̴o̶w̶ ̶c̴a̴n̶ ̴m̸u̴l̸t̵i̵p̶l̸e̵ ̵p̴e̷r̶s̷o̶n̶a̸l̵i̵t̷i̴e̴s̶ ̸c̵o̵-̸e̶x̸i̷s̷t̶ ̵i̷f̶ ̸w̵e̶ ̸h̵i̸d̴e̶ ̸t̵h̴i̶n̵g̷s̴ ̵f̴r̵o̸m̸ ̵o̸n̵e̵ ̷a̶n̴o̷t̸h̶e̷r̷?̵ ̸ ̶I̴f̵ ̴y̵o̸u̴ ̶w̷a̸n̵t̸ ̴c̶o̵o̶p̵e̸r̸a̶t̴i̷o̸n̵,̷ ̷w̷h̵a̸t̶'̶s̶ ̴b̷e̵s̷t̸ ̵f̵o̴r̶ ̸P̴a̸t̷c̸h̴e̶s̸,̸ ̴y̸o̸u̶ ̶w̶i̶l̷l̶ ̸n̶e̸e̴d̸ ̸t̸o̸ ̴b̸e̶ ̵m̸o̸r̸e̸ ̶t̶r̷a̸n̶s̶p̷a̸r̴e̸n̷t̷.̸
I think Void is saying we haven’t been transparent. I kind of assumed that since all of us share the brain, the various minds can just see/hear thoughts of the others’ minds via the brain. Clearly this is incorrect.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: April 01, 2020, 09:07:37 am »

Being completely transparent whit the voices in our head might not be such a good idea.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: April 01, 2020, 12:50:25 pm »

H̴o̶w̶ ̶c̴a̴n̶ ̴m̸u̴l̸t̵i̵p̶l̸e̵ ̵p̴e̷r̶s̷o̶n̶a̸l̵i̵t̷i̴e̴s̶ ̸c̵o̵-̸e̶x̸i̷s̷t̶ ̵i̷f̶ ̸w̵e̶ ̸h̵i̸d̴e̶ ̸t̵h̴i̶n̵g̷s̴ ̵f̴r̵o̸m̸ ̵o̸n̵e̵ ̷a̶n̴o̷t̸h̶e̷r̷?̵ ̸ ̶I̴f̵ ̴y̵o̸u̴ ̶w̷a̸n̵t̸ ̴c̶o̵o̶p̵e̸r̸a̶t̴i̷o̸n̵,̷ ̷w̷h̵a̸t̶'̶s̶ ̴b̷e̵s̷t̸ ̵f̵o̴r̶ ̸P̴a̸t̷c̸h̴e̶s̸,̸ ̴y̸o̸u̶ ̶w̶i̶l̷l̶ ̸n̶e̸e̴d̸ ̸t̸o̸ ̴b̸e̶ ̵m̸o̸r̸e̸ ̶t̶r̷a̸n̶s̶p̷a̸r̴e̸n̷t̷.̸
I think Void is saying we haven’t been transparent. I kind of assumed that since all of us share the brain, the various minds can just see/hear thoughts of the others’ minds via the brain. Clearly this is incorrect.

We never tried to deliberately withhold information from the VOID, but the VOID and Phoebe definitely did withhold information from us.  They just worked together to hide the fact that we were infected because they thought we would panic.  Personally, I don't want them to do that again because it almost resulted in Emma's death.

The VOID isn't saying we haven't been transparent.  Instead, it is saying that hiding information from us was justified.

Being completely transparent whit the voices in our head might not be such a good idea.

I'm just asking the VOID to not try to hide the fact that we are infected in the future.  That was information that was important for us to know, but it hid that.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 12:54:56 pm by ZBridges »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: April 01, 2020, 01:55:24 pm »

Oh-- o̶͎̿h̷̗̭̑.̴̠̊ ̵͍͗̽V̴̜͑͜͠O̸͙̒I̷̱͇͆̊Ḏ̵̡̌͊.̴͇̍͠  T̸h̷e̷n̸ ̵w̷h̸o̶ ̵w̷a̸s̴-̵-̸ ̵n̵o̴.̷ ̴I̷t̷ ̵d̸o̶e̶s̵n̶'̴t̸ ̷m̷a̶t̵t̵e̴r̴.̸

V̸O̷I̶D̵.̷.̶.̷

̴I̷ ̸c̴a̷n̸'̶t̷ ̴s̴t̵u̴m̷b̵l̴e̵ ̵o̵n̷ ̵s̸e̸c̵r̶e̵t̴s̵ ̷t̵h̴i̴s̶ ̶w̶a̶y̴ ̵a̵g̸a̴i̷n̴.̵ E̴v̷e̶r̵ ̷a̵g̵a̶i̷n̷. I̸̗̱̚ ̷̳͐c̴͇͋ǒ̵̦̈ū̴͎͔́l̵̢̓̕d̴̞̅ ̷̮̺̎̆ḧ̴̻́a̸̧̎̄v̸̧͒̕e̶͈͛̈ ̸̟̇b̶͓̓u̴͔͊̈́r̵̟̙̈́͑n̸̙͈̈́e̸̢͕͌d̵̛̞ ̵̻̘̈̽Ẽ̷̫̱m̴̪̥̄m̷͖͘͠a̸̫̻̕ ̵̣͗a̵̹̔l̴̩̤̈́ị̴̆v̴͇̦̀͊ê̴͓,̷͓̟̄̎ f̷i̵n̵d̴i̸n̷g̶ ̴o̷u̸t̵ ̷t̴h̷i̸s̸ ̷w̷a̴y̸.̸
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: April 01, 2020, 02:04:39 pm »

N̺͈̬͓o̢̹͕̪̘ͅt̴̘̞e̼͝d͖̹̠̖͈͞ ͈̺̖͇̦̫͕f̢͔̻̠̺o͇r̘̬̞̥͓ ̷f̷̫̲̘̹͈̘͚u̳͕̪̻̘̩̫t̫̻͇͡ṷ͍͙͖̝̺̣r̮̦̟̼̞ͅẹ̘̱̱͜ ̼̦̝̳̼r͔̖͔͚̞̹͡e͇͔̦͖̗f͏̝̙̯̗̙̼̫e͉͕̜̦͇̲̯r̹̜̤en̴̬̯ͅc̯̮̺̪̗̜ͅẹ̶̞̹̞̬.͇

You zone out, staying awake as the time begins to pass more quickly for you. You keep careful, deep breaths, focusing on nothing in particular as you consciously drift in and out of reality. You feel odd at times, like there's something missing still.

A̧͚̝̯̤̰l͔p̷̘h̝i̳̗̱̤͎͡r͉͍̮̦͓a̙̜̞̰ ͍͢w̤͖̯͘i̗͈̪l͕̖͇̬͙̰ḷ̳ ̛͎b̙͝e̙̮̯̟̭͎͜ͅ ͝ẃ̼̠a̬̥̳̜ḵ̰̜i̢̟̠̩n͓g̨̟̼̘̦͈̹ ̤s̀o̭̠̰̞̟̩o̦̹͖̝ͅn͉̭̤̺.̭̜̬̤ͅ
̲͉̟̫̙̥V͙͎͎͈̭̯i̗̟̦̻̲͈ͅr̗̻̩̻̦͓̬u̱͎̝̩̲ͅs̴̭̱̬̝ ̭͉̙̝̞̦͘d̩e̗͕̱̜̫̗͈s̟͓͉͎͖i̛̩͉͔͙g͚͎͎̲̺͙̦n̤̯͔͈͞a̟͕̤̹̹̟̱͘t̸̳̝̣͖̜e̞͇̤̟̪̼͖d̳͓̥̼ ̰̭'҉̣̪I̶̪̖̗̩̼̜ͅn̮̺̼f͞e̵̤c҉t͕i̳̰̯o̠̬͝n̩'͙̖̭̗̗̫̥ ͔͚p͈͇̖̰̲͝ͅur̯̜̯͔͚͙̀ͅg̗̮͈̹e̺̖̙͉̠̻͢d̢͇̪̮̥͓ ̘͙̫͇̰͘ͅf̜̩̪͠ŗ͖o̴͙̹͓m̩ ͙̰̮̘̰͖̣c͟o̷̤l͇̤̫̤̰͙l̴̫͖͈̱̦̘e̸̪͔̗̻̰c̸̥̣͎̳ṭ͓͎̘̤͎̮i̮̳̜̕v̗e̖͈̥͠ ͎̰͈m̵̹̝̫̝e̲̮̥̜mo̯̯͜r̫̬̞̫̰͍͜y̮͇̝̪̩ ̞͎̮͕̥̼c̨̺͔o͈̭̱̜͡r̫͖e̘̲͚s͙̫̗̖̺̺̟,͏͕̬͓ ̛͚p͚̠̲̻̤r̡̠o͟c̣̮̲͚eş̙̳s͇̻i̥ng̙̝̩͔ ̻̪̩̬͎ͅc̰̫̗e͢ņ̮̼t̛̥̤̰͍e̟͍̠̙͖͖r̴̪̩̪̩̖̥̣.̨

You flinch a little at that, but finally respond, more to comfort yourself than the voices.

She told me that it was to keep you safe. That the more attention you paid to it, the stronger it would grow.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: April 01, 2020, 02:12:26 pm »

Who?

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: April 01, 2020, 02:15:14 pm »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: April 01, 2020, 02:16:40 pm »

Who?
+1
Is this Phoebe we’re talking to? Are we now a fourth voice in this body the rest share? Or am I missing something?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: April 01, 2020, 02:18:05 pm »

We're talking to Phoebe AKA Patches.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: April 01, 2020, 02:20:40 pm »

...right. So what does that make us?

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: April 01, 2020, 02:21:29 pm »

Voices in her head.

Y҉̦̠͙o̘̭u̳͉͖͔̘͉̞ ̜͉̯̠̣ͅa̧̘͍̬̹͔r̮̻̪̯ḛ ͇̻͚̣̲f̼̞̝̙ͅr̬̝͚̞a̭͉̦̰͖̼ģ͉͖̝̮m̖̺̖̹̜͚͟ͅe̦̯̩̬̼̤ṇ̴̹̺͎̗̹t̬̩̞̯͇͍ͅs̛̮ͅ ͚̣o̞̙̜̹͙ͅf̜̥ t̹͉̠͉̳h̶o̙̟̠̗s̘̘͉͚̺e͚͉̖ ̗̳̖̮b̰̕ef̳͖̗͕͙̲͟o͙̳͕̭̤̭r̭̖͙e̮̠̠̟,͍ ͚͇̞̖̮ͅr̛̥̻͓͇̣ęt̩á̮̭i̺̬̦n͇͎͉͔͇̳̜e͇͈̮ͅd ̘͘b̹̗̱y̵̦̦ ͇͇̜͇̼ṃ̖̻͓̫̥̳͘e̸͔̱̪̬͖ ͏̮̫̘͓̙f̢̰̱̙̬̟o҉͉̖͚̼r ͖̺ͅf̷ų͍̤̱t̲͙̪̳̕u͙͕̜̰͖̬͖͠r͉͍͟e̛͉ ̭̣u̮̞̟͎s̜̗̼̯̳ͅe̛̮̲͚͍͎̣.̦̲͡

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: April 01, 2020, 02:29:48 pm »

Interesting, do each of us use different fonts now since we are each a new voice?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: April 01, 2020, 02:36:21 pm »

We're... in-game entities. And this is the main character, speaking directly to us.
This is getting very weird, very fast.

Interesting, do each of us use different fonts now since we are each a new voice?

Nah. Hasn't been necessary before, won't be necessary now.

klonk
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: April 01, 2020, 02:45:50 pm »

How would knowing about it make it worse? If we don’t know about something the body is infected with, we won’t be able to stop it and all of us would turn into whatever the Plague is

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: April 01, 2020, 03:12:48 pm »

It occurs to me... if we're separate voices now, we can speak separately. No need for +1s and whatnot-- no need to be in agreement, even. We're individuals.

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 381