00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240273 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act II:Ancient Enemies
« Reply #1905 on: April 07, 2020, 11:38:03 pm »

Bring Mitch.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: April 07, 2020, 11:55:29 pm »

I am an interface, as you are to me.

Your uniform and weapons are neatly folded on the bed, and you pull them on, leaving the other clothes with a note on where to return them. It feels good to be in clothes that actually fit. You tighten the straps and adjust the lacings of your boot, eyes measuring the precise [millimeters] required to be in compliance with Scholar standards.

Mitch is already with Emma at the gate, so with one final look around the room, you leave the Thornton Villa.

The cargo ship hovers above a flat clearing in the hills, and the Thorntons pile on to the platform that descends from its belly- it's lifted away slowly, and another is dropped to gather more Warmachines, with one final one descending for the commanders beneath the kicking wind of the cargo ship. You notice, circling protectively above the cargo ship is a set of small, attack hover-craft. You're lifted up into the bowels of the dark ship along with war material; when you're finally underway William approaches you. The Officers of the Warmachines are nearby as well. Emma sits on a crate, listening in while teasing Mitch with her foot.

"So what's our plan here, Phebe? We dropping in on SEED cold or hot? We got three hours to plan how we're doing this."

"And do you want to land at a Smuggler's Pad, or in the Crusader Section?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 01:04:44 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: April 08, 2020, 12:02:33 am »

"Cold.  We will first meet with the Pontifex, acquire a list of officers likely to rebel, and provide that list to Iyal, who will assasinate them along with her agents when given a signal via radio.  She will have to borrow some of our radios." 

"We will then ask SEED for permission to reform the command structure of the military.  Regardless of what SEED says, we will then convene the generals, once Iyal is ready, and kill any who refuse.  At that meeting, I'd like you and your men to be present in case of hostilities."

"Are there problems with this plan?"

"What are the pros and cons of the different landing pads?  My inclination is to use the Smuggler's Pad, assuming it's covert, to prevent loyalists from seizing the ship in the case of a hard coup."
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 01:07:21 am by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: April 08, 2020, 01:04:56 am »

The smuggler's pad, you're informed, is in the suburbs, and far away from the governmental body within the Inner City. The Crusader's pad is more heavily defended/searched but closer to everything.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 01:13:13 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: April 08, 2020, 01:15:10 am »

"Since we're carrying forbidden technology, I think we should use the Smuggler's Pad, but let me know if you disagree."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: April 08, 2020, 12:51:38 pm »

"Since we're carrying forbidden technology, I think we should use the Smuggler's Pad, but let me know if you disagree."
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: April 08, 2020, 02:04:56 pm »

We want to consider, methinks, how we come across to the populace in our bid for power. This is a battle for loyalty, first and foremost-- if we can sway the hearts of the people, we'll have won this city. The Pontifex knows this.

We've two routes we could go with this. We could slink in by way of the Smuggler's Pad, take with us just a couple low-profile compatriots-- Emma and William, perhaps, or a couple Warmachines with human-looking limbs-- and we meet with the Pontifex. Plan our grand return quietly, then call in our primary forces and begin in earnest. We still make a grand entrance, eventually (we'll have to, if we're to sway the people), but we back that entrance up with a bit of preliminary skullduggery.

Alternatively... we enter this town like we own it. We arrive through the Crusader Section, wings ablaze and Warmachines at our side; we deliver words of fire unto the populace, an inspiration beyond the wildest imaginings of SEED. Legitimacy. Prophecy. A force untouchable by the machinations of man. A story fit to twist a nation to our will.

Both routes have their perks. I am undecided, as of yet.

In the interest of keeping things moving, I'll put my vote to the Smuggler's Pad, and a relatively quiet meet-up before we make our grand showing.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 07:27:30 pm by Superdorf »
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: April 08, 2020, 07:41:21 pm »

This is an important decision, though. I do not fault you for wanting to discuss what to do, especially in regards to swaying the populace. I have time and patience to wait for everyone to come to a consensus.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: April 08, 2020, 07:49:50 pm »

My perspective on the matter is that there's probably no harm in playing it safe.  We can give a speech and try to win over the city's population regardless of which pad we arrive at, though one option would involve a short walk.  However, the difference would be that our forbidden technology would be more likely to go unnoticed at the Smuggler's Pad.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: April 08, 2020, 07:52:20 pm »

Yeah, my vote stands. There's a certain appeal to the grand landing at Station... but I figure the Pontifex is better at this sort of thing than us anyhow. We'd do well to plan this out with him before we start showing off.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: April 08, 2020, 08:44:54 pm »

I would highly advise you stop talking about how SEED is flawed.  We need the believers right now, we saw what trying to radically change their beliefs does to people.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: April 08, 2020, 08:48:01 pm »

Obviously that wouldn't play well in the Holy City, but in all fairness that result happened as a result of four 1s rolled in a row.  I don't think we should assign blame for being remarkably unlucky.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: April 08, 2020, 08:55:04 pm »

The vote stands

"None. I'll go let the pilots know." William walks away, towards the cockpit.

"I have an issue-- if there's more than one, being-being spread out like that will decrease my efficiency. One at a time would be preferable." Iyal opines, shifting forward to voice her opinion, "Regardless of how many people I hire, I would like to concentrate all that firepower on one person at a time. " In her own language, she quotes, "Many barkers bite harder."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: April 08, 2020, 08:58:31 pm »

"That seems fair.  We can give you a list of targets from highest priority to lowest priority."

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: April 08, 2020, 09:02:52 pm »

"That seems fair.  We can give you a list of targets from highest priority to lowest priority."
+1
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 381