00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 238960 times)

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #2925 on: April 27, 2020, 08:40:15 pm »

Perhaps, but it's also possible that she was deceiving us from the very start. She hasn't actually neutralized us and is rattling off her plan, so that's a good sign.

Problem is, the only reason she's monologuing is because we used Conquerer's Aura on her.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2926 on: April 27, 2020, 08:42:39 pm »

She could have instantly killed us, but she has chosen not to. Perhaps she will be amenable to some form of negotiation.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2927 on: April 27, 2020, 08:44:06 pm »

Isn’t there a reward on our head?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2928 on: April 27, 2020, 08:47:38 pm »

She could have instantly killed us, but she has chosen not to. Perhaps she will be amenable to some form of negotiation.

Again, Conquerer's Aura. We're clouding her judgement. I'm not sure how much we can infer from her behavior until we stop our [Jedi mind-tricks.]

Of course, while that's running, she's definitely amenable to negotiation. We'd have a bigger problem if she realizes we mind-manipulated her into a deal though. She'd probably be livid.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 08:50:19 pm by Eschar »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2929 on: April 27, 2020, 08:49:01 pm »

I don't think so. The roll was 21 vs. 4 to grab our heart, and there were no rolls immediately after it to apply the aura.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2930 on: April 27, 2020, 08:51:46 pm »

Huh.

You've succeeded-- she's monologuing.

I was going off this - the result of me suggesting CA'ing her to get her to spill information.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2931 on: April 27, 2020, 08:53:20 pm »

Yeah, but that's in the middle of the post after she already said a bunch of stuff, that looks like it was the 20 vs. 14 roll.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2932 on: April 27, 2020, 08:55:49 pm »

Huh.

You've succeeded-- she's monologuing.

I was going off this - the result of me suggesting CA'ing her to get her to spill information.
regardless of why she’s monologuing, we need to negotiate with her now, probably by finding out why she was sent for us, unless we already know the answer from SEED, namely hundreds of thousands of credits for our capture/death, in which case I’m not sure negotiation is possible if she already wants us dead

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2933 on: April 27, 2020, 08:57:42 pm »

Even if we can't change her loyalties, we should at least keep her alive so that we can extract as much information from her as possible.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2934 on: April 27, 2020, 09:05:09 pm »

"[She was never real. Your profile suggested personal freedoms were important to you. What better than a debt-slave?]" Iyal shrugs, ["And an Outlander, to explain all the oddness...and what tool does a nascent political figure have the most use for?]"

[20 vs 1] "[I will keep you aliv--]" Iyal starts, and you shift. Awareness flickers across Iyal's face. She squeezes your heart tight for a few painful micro-seconds, and you can feel it creaking, about to burst-- the wall explodes into the room, and las-fire sprays all around you. You twist, sending her into the las-fire. A shot catches her shoulder, breaking her concentration.

[12][18 vs 15][hl:20!]You heal rapidly, gasping in pain as the tentacle is forced out of your body --   and you're already lunging -- wrapping a grip of fire around her throat, and she struggles, carbon forming around her neck to protect her. You tighten your grasp, and her hands begin to work, her willpower surging--

[18 vs 12] You snap her neck, blackening her skin through the carbon structure and her squirming ceases, her eyes fixed on yours.

"[My intel was incomplete.]" She admits when her lungs start working again. "[Do you really wish to fight here? We would rip apart this structure.]"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Inventory (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Powers and Skills (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Wealth (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Ties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 09:15:56 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2935 on: April 27, 2020, 09:08:19 pm »

["Oh, I'm sorry. Is this building not nice enough for you? Perhaps I should snap your neck again to teach you some humility."]

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2936 on: April 27, 2020, 09:10:34 pm »

We should take her somewhere open. We should not destroy buildings if we can help it, however if we relent she will attack

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2937 on: April 27, 2020, 09:20:40 pm »

You don't speak, simply snapping her neck again. Her breath catches, and she stares at you with a dark look.

"[That was rather immature of you.]" She offers after a few moments of blessed peace. "[If you insist on this...you might want to clear your pets out of the room.]"

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2938 on: April 27, 2020, 09:22:45 pm »

"[Is there somewhere else that would be more to your liking? Somewhere with a better view, perhaps? I'm all ears.]"
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 09:25:05 pm by ZBridges »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #2939 on: April 27, 2020, 09:31:47 pm »

["And I should inform you - carbon burns better than almost anything. Those who order you have woefully incomplete intel if they sent you up against a being of fire."]
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 10:07:22 pm by Eschar »
Pages: 1 ... 194 195 [196] 197 198 ... 381