00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240400 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3090 on: April 30, 2020, 08:26:56 pm »

In my opinion, it's better for us to leave that to others. Our powers are designed to help us fight, so doing too much of anything else would be a waste.
fair, what if we and Cephie attack some of the plague;s buildings?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3091 on: April 30, 2020, 08:41:34 pm »

That would be fine with me, but let's bring the Crusaders and Warmachines as well after a quick pep-talk. Maybe we can knock out what little remains of the plague.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: April 30, 2020, 09:06:40 pm »

We need to finish off the Leviathan and destroy it;s buildings

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: April 30, 2020, 09:31:35 pm »

I imagine our host would be... ill at ease, fighting alongside this one. If I might put forth an alternative?

"Not oversee, no… but perhaps something along those lines."

"The Industrial Districts are severed at this time from my control. They may be unharmed by recent events-- or they may be taken by fire, by plague, by encroaching Outlanders and the like. We don't know."

"That's where you come in. Find out what infrastructure remains to us outside the mountain; claim what you can for our purposes, by whatever means you deem necessary. Keep me posted on the proceedings. We've a great deal of SEED tech we can put into production, once you've got the factories back in contact with us."

Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: April 30, 2020, 09:35:04 pm »

I agree that we need to reclaim those districts ASAP, and not-Iyal has proven herself to be very capable. I think we can leave this task to her while we focus on the plague proper.

I imagine our host would be... ill at ease, fighting alongside this one. If I might put forth an alternative?

"The Industrial Districts are severed at this time from my control. They may be unharmed by recent events-- or they may be taken by fire, by plague, by encroaching Outlanders and the like. We don't know."

"That's where you come in. Find out what infrastructure remains to us outside the mountain; claim what you can for our purposes, by whatever means you deem necessary. Keep me posted on the proceedings. We've a great deal of SEED tech we can put into production, once you've got the factories back in contact with us."

+1

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: April 30, 2020, 09:41:19 pm »

I agree that we need to reclaim those districts ASAP, and not-Iyal has proven herself to be very capable. I think we can leave this task to her while we focus on the plague proper.

+1
+1

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: April 30, 2020, 11:15:57 pm »

Cephie gives a nod, rising out of the salty sand and stretching out her will to the fragments of the battle. She begins to assemble her wings once more. You don't wait for her, rising on your wings of fire and heading back towards the south. It doesn't take you long to return to the fortress, flying in through the broken window. Emma paces nearby, and William lounges, drinking from a bottle of clear liquid you're sure isn't water.

Emma looks up from her pacing, halting in her tracks to look you over with a critical eye. Checking for injuries, for damage, but finding none. Besides your ruined clothing, you're perfectly intact, and she heaves a sigh of relief. Her tense shoulders slump down, and they both listen intently when you speak.

"We've struck a deal." You inform them, filling them in on the details of the oath. Neither look pleased, but they don't protest.

"The Child of SEED is all but dead. Brain hemorrhage. Everyone else is fine." Emma explains when you finish, suddenly taking you by the hand. You don't respond, and Emma doesn't explain, dragging you into your bedroom. "Strip, shower, and get dressed. Your speech is in an hour."

You obey without hesitation, washing quickly and drying your hair while you dress. You pull on your clothes, using your training from the Academy to dress quickly and precisely. When you finish drying your hair, Emma pulls a capelet from a package, fixing it over your missing arm. Stylized upon it is your new symbol in red ink, She adjusts it as she quietly briefs you on it, "Don't get it wet. The dye will run."

You nod. William waits in the hallway, fixing his uniform. Emma pauses to do the same, and the two follow you into the elevator. It starts to sink, along with your stomach.

You pass through on gantries overlooking the amphitheater and are surprised to find it packed full of people. They huddle close, pressing against one another -- more than just the Crusaders. Children are sat upon shoulders, and the Main elevator is packed with an unmoving crowd. The stage awaits, and you can feel the familiar panic rising up within you.

I can do this. I can do this. You repeat to yourself, staring at the door to the stage.

[5] I don't think I can do this.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: April 30, 2020, 11:58:23 pm »

You can do this. The time for restraint, temperance, and prudence has passed.  Make your majesty known.  Promise retribution upon the demons the likes of which this world has never seen.  Introduce the Thorntons as fellow angels, a final blessing from SEED.  What darkness can resist the holy light of three gods?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: May 01, 2020, 12:11:57 am »

If needs must, godling; if you so choose... we the advisors can put words to your mouth, as is our way. But I do not think that will be necessary.

Peace. Courage.
Peace. Courage. You are the [angel], and these are your people. You are Phoenix-of-Sol, and this is your story. Show them your wings. Show them your fire. Speak with truth. Speak with love. Yours is a strong and noble spark!
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: May 01, 2020, 07:17:48 am »

I've got the upmost confidence in yeah, you can do this speech and everybody will love it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: May 01, 2020, 07:30:59 am »

I think we need to do the speech, Phoenix told us she’s not good with talking, if Phoenix wishes, we can do the speaking

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: May 01, 2020, 10:29:09 pm »

Deep breaths.

[12]You emerge on to the stage, feeling a little weak when all eyes come to rest on you. The low murmurs that fill the amphitheater end. The crowd is watching, waiting, with bated breath.

"The Great Work today has suffered the most significant loss recorded in our long history. Three days ago, The Holy City fell. SEED, our creator, in all its wisdom, destroyed itself with purifying flames rather than let its strength fall to corruption."

"SEED fell because we were weak."

You delay, looking out over the crowd—stern, unbroken, and cold. You stretch your willpower out, reaching as far as you can, making the Crusader officers in front go pale with your frozen fury. One faints. The crowd cannot meet your gaze.

"The Plague can create millions of abominations, thousands of beasts, with shells hard as steel, with twisting tentacles, with devouring teeth. They have no fear. They feel no pain. And they are dead set on ridding this planet of humanity."

"Humans are weak. You live short lives, filled with strife, with pain. You live short lives, falling prey to despair, to cowardice, to fear. How can creatures, so weak, so miserable, stand up to something like that?"

"This failure, it will stain our history until the end of time. I can no longer bear the name given to me by SEED. I can no longer bear the sin of this failure."

[18]The crowd looks morose, down beaten -- angry. Angry at you. You're on the verge of a full-scale riot. Your people shuffle restlessly, Crusaders included. You send out a pulse of your willpower, watching the anger turn to helplessness. People begin to cry.

"I will tell you."

[13] You pull back your willpower, conjuring forth a flicker of fire in the air behind you, a spark of light in the dim amphitheater.

"The Plague knows no fear, so they have never known bravery. The Plague knows no pain, so they have never known determination. The Plague is eternal, so they have never known the struggle to survive. The Plague does not know the value of human life."

[7] With each sentence, you let the fire grow in size, carving lines and crescents in the air behind you. You manipulate the light, so it burns weaker in color until a soft red glow illuminates you from behind.

"We will fight them like the weak have always fought the strong. We will rise to this struggle! We will rise to face them with bravery, with determination, with fear, with anger, with aggression! We will fight tooth, and nail like only the truly fearful know how to. We will get our revenge! We will scour this planet of these pestilent worms until nothing of them remains. Nothing but stories to frighten your grandchildren with!"

"We will rise from the ashes of SEED. We will use this tragedy to sharpen our blades and harden our hearts. We will become stronger from our defeats, until the stars quake beneath the step of our boots!"

The crowd is frothing at the bit, filled with aggression, with your anger, with bloody joy.

"I will rise with you. Out of our mutual sin. No longer can I be named Alphira. I cannot bear that name without feeling the pain of loss in my heart. Know me now as your new living God. Know me as Pheonix!"

"As your God I demand but one from you to reach Paradise! Should it all end, should we all fall to the Plague, it is your final duty as Crusaders, nay, as Humans, to spit in the face of the Beast. To defy it until the end. To die with my name on your lips! Is that understood?!"

[20+1 vs. 1+5] They hail your name as you make your exit. It echoes up to the structural supports and shakes the amphitheater. Dust drifts down from the ceiling. You could not introduce Emma and William, that is for another day. William is smiling a wicked smile. Emma, on the other hand, looks concerned and surprised.

If she has misgivings about your manipulations, she doesn't speak out about them. You take your elevator to your quarters, passing by the workmen that clean and fix the walls. You pay them no mind as they bow their heads in devotion. A null awaits you, and you cannot tell which number it is. They all look so similar.

"I have suggestions for the position of general, as well as a plan on how to organize the civilian government." He shows you two folders, and you tuck your head to a seat nearby.

"Wait."

He bows his head respectfully as you drop down into a chair, resting your head in your hands. You hated that. It felt worse than any war, any battle you've ever fought.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 10:31:13 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: May 01, 2020, 10:42:34 pm »

You did well.  There can be no courage without fear, but what in particular was so unpleasant for you?

Check the documents.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: May 01, 2020, 11:08:01 pm »

You have done an excellent job. You have ignited the eternal flame in these people. A Greater Work. They will not cower when the time comes, and with luck, skill, devotion, and courage they will rid this place of the Plague. From knowledge of their own frailty they will gather the strength that never fades, rising triumphant from frailty like a phoenix - or a Phoenix.

You will still need to answer that eternal question, "was it worth it? was it justified?" But for now, you have time.

I am a young member of the Line. I did not have that luxury. Use it well.

You did well.  There can be no courage without fear, but what in particular was so unpleasant for you?

Check the documents.

+1
« Last Edit: May 01, 2020, 11:17:55 pm by Eschar »

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3104 on: May 01, 2020, 11:10:44 pm »

There will be time to build these people up stronger, so they can know the truth and fight for themselves, forge their own destiny.  I can not tell you that the end will justify your actions, but the goal is a good one.  Hold onto your troubled mind about these manipulations, they are a kind of strength, a human check on power that SEED lacked.

But you must learn to put that internal conflict aside when necessary.  Determine your ethics and goals, then examine your actions, then act without hesitation.

I am sorry you have to go through this.  We all did and it is no better today then in the past.  I would be glad if you could find another way.
Pages: 1 ... 205 206 [207] 208 209 ... 381