00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240300 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3165 on: May 03, 2020, 03:57:18 am »

[15 vs 20] You mean the woman who so distrusted me that she literally wrote the book on how to contain me? The one who was willing to have Emma held hostage or killed to control me? That spider? She may be useful, yes, but she is still governing Steelworks Nine.

[14] Isela hesitates, "I do not think SEED was a god or the divine. I don't know what it was. But...there's too many odd details about it. It has too many weaknesses, too many flaws. I do not know. My pa' taught me to doubt, to question everything. Why would SEED need to destroy itself if its this omnipotent being? How could it be deceived by General Hardy if it knew everything?"

"So, to answer your question, I do not know what it is." Isela finally admits, "But the gods I grew up with were far different. Outlanders teach their children that the gods were created by the people that worship them, to answer questions we cannot know the answers to. SEED seems like that type of question."

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: May 03, 2020, 04:00:33 am »

Didn't Mother Nicole use firebombing to clear out the plague? The state could start producing bomber crafts and napalm as soon as possible to attack the infrastructure.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: May 03, 2020, 07:53:44 am »

What if we build some cheap WWII era fighter planes to do bombing runs over [plague] lands, and drop stuff like napalm and Agent Orange.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: May 03, 2020, 09:09:14 am »

(((Hey, notation question: should "vodka" have been in brackets?)))

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: May 03, 2020, 09:35:52 am »

((After a certain point, your translator no longer interrupts the flow of speech to explain the meaning of the word, and selects the first closest translation.I'm a bit of a lazybones when it comes to remembering every single word I've ever bracketed. To be honest, I should probably keep a list or make a macro. If it is an issue, I will go back and fix the said mistake, but I also think not doing every time makes the reading experience easier at the cost of immersion. Let me know what you think?))

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: May 03, 2020, 10:37:09 am »

((After a certain point, your translator no longer interrupts the flow of speech to explain the meaning of the word, and selects the first closest translation.I'm a bit of a lazybones when it comes to remembering every single word I've ever bracketed. To be honest, I should probably keep a list or make a macro. If it is an issue, I will go back and fix the said mistake, but I also think not doing every time makes the reading experience easier at the cost of immersion. Let me know what you think?))
((I think our translator learning over time makes sense))

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: May 03, 2020, 12:24:00 pm »

((I think our translator learning over time makes sense))

(((Aye. It's not a problem at all, I was just curious. Notation interests me.)))
« Last Edit: May 03, 2020, 01:47:55 pm by Eschar »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: May 03, 2020, 01:10:56 pm »

So you're okay with working with Cephie, but not grandmother? She's a huge asset having already dealt with the plague before. Someone else can always be assigned to govern that district if needed.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: May 03, 2020, 01:21:38 pm »

Dear "grandmother"... could perhaps serve as an advisor. Not as general.

Nod. "A wise man, your father."

"I spoke with SEED three times, as this war progressed. It was old-- powerful. It gave rise to many of this world's people, and it loved them after its fashion... even unto death. But it was not divine."

"What of myself, Child Tabbett? Am I the god I claim to be?"
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: May 03, 2020, 01:25:47 pm »

Why not? She's an extremely experienced Crusader that is willing to do whatever is necessary to get the job done. She seems like a perfect choice for Crusader General.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: May 03, 2020, 02:04:08 pm »

"Whatever necessary." What happens if she decides we're in her way? What happens if, like Hardy, she blames us for the Holy City's ruin-- if she decides to take matters into her own hands? She is well-known, and strong-willed... and she knows how to hurt us. She could seize control.

Isela is young. and we've offered her a tremendous opportunity. She will be beholden to us.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: May 03, 2020, 02:08:45 pm »

Hmm. That's a good point. I would support Isela for general, in that case.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: May 03, 2020, 02:52:19 pm »

Yes. Nicole is unlikely to be beholden to us, even if she appears to be.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: May 03, 2020, 03:33:32 pm »

[18] Isela goes quiet, looking across the table at you. She gulps back the entire cup at once before she speaks, deciding. "No
You are not a god. You're a question to be answered."

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: May 03, 2020, 03:53:47 pm »

"Well answered."

She did not listen to fear or misplaced respect, and did not stoop to flattery.
Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 381