00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 238989 times)

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3225 on: May 05, 2020, 11:27:41 am »

"Babysitting me might be good for him." Isela ventures, gently, but heaves a sigh. "He should still be made the Thirteenth Great Crusader, in my opinion...but that's up to you of course. And him, I guess. I spoke to him some, this morning after you visited me. He was in a rough state -- he stopped letting them give him pain medicine. He's a wreck."

With another puff of her cheeks, she leans against the gantries, watching as the amphitheater starts being used by a number of children under the eye of watchful guardians and Guardians. "How soon do you want to make the first move, Mother Pheonix?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: May 05, 2020, 01:38:53 pm »

"As soon as possible. The [plague] is loose-- the longer we wait, the longer we risk one of our remaining Industrial Districts falling to its power. If it gets hold of that kind of infrastructure... things could get very bad, very fast."

Let's take this one and pay Zero a visit, hm? We need a new map, and a better idea of what resources we can field in combat right now.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: May 05, 2020, 02:06:52 pm »

"As soon as possible. The [plague] is loose-- the longer we wait, the longer we risk one of our remaining Industrial Districts falling to its power. If it gets hold of that kind of infrastructure... things could get very bad, very fast."

Let's take this one and pay Zero a visit, hm? We need a new map, and a better idea of what resources we can field in combat right now.
+1 we need to attack

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: May 05, 2020, 02:13:27 pm »

+1 we need to attack
+1

We do need to attack, and we should seriously consider trusting our general and making Eric the Thirteenth Crusader, even if he is not capable of assuming his duties immediately. Some people, especially those who think they are incapable, do better when thrust into these sorts of positions.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: May 05, 2020, 02:27:25 pm »

My thought is this: we give it a few days. We keep an eye on him, arrange a regular report on his condition. Once he's stabilized a bit, we can try again to find a suitable place for him-- quite possibly Thirteenth Crusader.

I suspect Eric's healing much faster than baseline. We may not have long to wait.

klonk
Sigtext

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: May 05, 2020, 02:45:13 pm »

I suspect Eric's healing much faster than baseline

:-)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: May 05, 2020, 03:06:15 pm »

That seems fair. Hopefully he isn't crippled.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: May 05, 2020, 11:57:29 pm »

You gesture for Isela to follow you to Zero's office. He's still seated at the desk when you return once more. With a mechanical bow, he questions, "How can I be of service today, Pheonix?"

"I'm hoping to know what resources we have available."

"Ah. There's an error there -- we still haven't collected enough data. We are still taking count of fuel reserves, weaponry, armor, artillery. So on." Zero explains placidly, looking over at Isela as he speaks, "Its been rather difficult without a general, as the officer corps are difficult to work with on the best of days. We're also still unloading the crafts. I can give you a rough estimate, of course, judging by our current numbers within the fortress city."

You nod, and he launches into a spiel.

"As of our last count of the wounded and injured, we have one hundred, ninety-three thousand, two hundred and thirteen active Crusaders, roughly one-fifth of our total population here. Furthermore, we have fifty-four thousand, one hundred and seventy-two injured Crusaders who are posted to light-duty -- manning the anti-aircraft capabilities that this base posses, organizing the refugees, distributing food, assisting scholars-- so on."

"The Military Doctrine of SEED has always been to make sure that everyone has a sidearm, a rifle, and a knife, with officers and higher-ranking members of the Crusaders possessing Cutter Blades. Our reserve forces, for the most part, are relying on their pistols and are under armored, while all the Active Duty Crusaders are in possession of a full kit."

"We have a large number of hovercraft currently docking in the fortress. We have seventy-three Mark 1 Hornets, which can carry a squad of ten or be outfitted with more weaponry. We have thirty-one Mark 1 Personnel carriers, each capable of carrying one platoon of fifty troops. Sixteen Mark 1 Minor Cargo Ships, which, without modification, can carry roughly four platoons or six thousand tons of cargo. And we have nine Mark 1 Major Cargo Ships, which we have uncomfortably managed to fit fifty-five thousand individuals on in cramped, horrible conditions during the evacuation. As per the Technology Cube, they have a max tonnage of one hundred thousand."

"We're still trying to get an exact count on our fuel supplies, as of today, as our primary priority was evacuation. Suffice to say, by my estimates of not seeing many fuel canisters on the ships, we don't have a lot. Especially since the Thornton evacuation is currently underway."

"Currently the Fortress does not possess any other industry besides the production of foodstuffs; rations. There are a number of available levels, but we would need to secure resources to build any industries on those levels. We still possess the digging and building equipment left over from before, but it too is in need of repairs."

The lead null takes a deep breath, before finally removing a curled up square of heavy-duty paper from the drawer. "And this is our latest map, courtesy of our scouts. The red dot is us."

Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2020, 12:01:58 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: May 06, 2020, 12:01:17 am »

"General, based on this information, can you devise a counteroffensive to degrade and debilitate the enemy?"

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: May 06, 2020, 12:30:27 am »

Such pixel-perfect lines on that map. What program did you wind up using to make it?

"General, based on this information, can you devise a counteroffensive to degrade and debilitate the enemy?"

+1

klonk
Sigtext

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: May 06, 2020, 12:36:47 am »

So we have no fuel, that complicates things considerably.

I thought Zero said our latest mop at first.  Ah the little things.

Anyway we should tell her about the structures and items we saw on our scouting of the plague lands and our estimates of what the things are.

We should also see if there are fuel refinery capabilities in any of the remaining areas or other SEED stockpiles we can access, though I guess Zero would have told us already.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: May 06, 2020, 12:39:26 am »

What is the fuel in question?  Gasoline?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: May 06, 2020, 12:43:06 am »

Raw hydrogen, I believe. There was a whole district dedicated to the stuff... wiped out in SEED's demise. We could be in some trouble on that front.

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: May 06, 2020, 12:45:00 am »

Emma, William, and we should be able to produce that from water.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3239 on: May 06, 2020, 12:49:38 am »

On the scale required to fuel an army?

klonk
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 381