00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240334 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #3900 on: May 26, 2020, 11:05:51 pm »

((Hmm. I wish I knew more than almost nothing about chemistry...))

Ask Zero to prepare an underground chamber for nuclear testing. Then, take a break from research to look over applications for the personal guard.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 04:26:15 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3901 on: May 27, 2020, 06:47:34 am »

((Hmm. I wish I knew more than almost nothing about chemistry...))

Ask Zero to prepare an underground chamber for nuclear testing. Then, take a break from research to look over applications for the personal guard.
+1 But can we make sure this chamber is far from the fort so if something goes wrong we don't kill everyone.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3902 on: May 27, 2020, 11:24:34 am »

["I will arrange such an installation in the Northern, uninhabited outlands."]

["Thank you, Zero."] You mentally murmur, stretching out. You snatch up the datapad, heading to your office. You set it aside and turn your attention to the stack of folders on your desk. You pick one up and set it down in front of you, browsing through it. A random, veteran Crusader. He was formerly one of your bodyguards in the Holy City but was shuffled elsewhere to fill in gaps.

So, what am I looking for?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3903 on: May 27, 2020, 03:19:08 pm »

I would recommend experience, loyalty without necessarily religiosity, and a record that suggests bravery.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 04:10:07 pm by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3904 on: May 28, 2020, 03:55:02 am »

I would recommend experience, loyalty without necessarily religiosity, and a record that suggests bravery.
+1 Those all sound like good things to look for.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3905 on: May 28, 2020, 08:23:42 pm »

You spend the rest of the night reading through folders, seeking out your new Guard. Loyalty and religion are hard to separate in this culture, but you do your best. All of the candidates have commendations for bravery. It's past midnight when you finish, stars hanging heavy in the clear night sky. You pull out a  few nutrient cubes and take your 'dinner' at your desk, drowning the dusty packages in water from the bathroom sink. You return to your task. As dawn breaks over the canyons, you have your seventy. There are concerns, of course. Your old Guard was riddled with the Pontifex's agents. Your new Guard, no doubt, will have traitors, those that do not fully support you, but its the best you can do for now.

Perhaps I should Loom my Guard... You quietly consider. Idly, you flip through the pages of your sermon book. Blah-blah blah, Holy Light of Sol -- descendent of SEED-- so on and so forth. There's nothing concrete about your life within the tome. You're a legend -- that is to say, only half-real to these people -- like McCreary. With Nicole Gainer gone-- if...you realize she's your penultimate connection to your existence as Pheobe. The only other is the Thornton Family.

Loneliness creeps up as the sun rises. You haphazardly sign off on the book, feeling your limbs ache with exhaustion as you rise to shower.

Using the Interface's memories, your contemplate your scabbed chest beneath the cold water of the shower. Healing again might prove too risky, with the brain damage you endured. It would help if you had some time to repair your brain -- by this time next week, you'll be ready for battle. Or for training. Now you think, is the time for study and healing.

What should I do this week? Study? Paperwork? Vacation?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 08:26:36 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3906 on: May 28, 2020, 08:33:46 pm »

Do we have access to the CBT therapy box?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3907 on: May 28, 2020, 08:40:03 pm »

Therapy would be a good option, and we do have access.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3908 on: May 28, 2020, 08:43:40 pm »

It's more useful than that-- it can train me in a thousand different things, if I'm not mistaken. Combat simulations, practical skills -- hells, it could teach me to cook if I wanted it to. But yes, I have access to Cephie's ship. You dry your long hair, letting it hang damply down your back as you dress in one of your Crusader uniforms. You pause, noticing the plastic container of pills on your nightstand for the first time -- along with a bottle of the wine you had the other night with Cephie. A white ribbon is wrapped in a neat bow around it. You take the anti-psychotic, take a measured dose of cough medicine, and take a swig of the bottle as you lay in the cold bed.

You have no urge to rise, to shut the gates on the wall of glass that overlooks your nation. So, with a twist your will and some clever hydrogen manipulation, you push the button beside the door from where you lay. The shutters rattle shut, and the room descends into darkness-- you didn't need to. The lack of light or its presence doesn't bother you one way or the other. It felt normal. 

I'm not doing that all week! Having an AI in your brain-- knowing what I'm thinking, analyzing me, trying to fix the problem isn't a pleasant experience, especially after having to deal with Interface. You bristle.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 08:51:39 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3909 on: May 28, 2020, 08:51:27 pm »

Not all week, but one session might be helpful. How about using it to train some of your soft skills, like charisma, as well? Maybe you could also do some more mundane work alongside your citizens.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #3910 on: May 28, 2020, 08:52:02 pm »

in your brain-- knowing what I'm thinking, analyzing me, trying to fix the problem isn't a pleasant experience

You realize this describes us advisors' function as well.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3911 on: May 28, 2020, 09:01:02 pm »

You're less AI and more annoying uncles and aunts. Parents. You retort, bluntly, to yourself, glad that no one is here to notice the grin that etches your lips.

A day of therapy. I guess I could work on my charisma, as well...that's a day, altogether. Time doesn't work the same in those things -- or my perception of time doesn't. Maybe I could study fusion and chemistry more?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 09:04:41 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3912 on: May 28, 2020, 09:14:17 pm »

Fusion and chemistry would absolutely be helpful. My memories of them have dulled over the centuries.

Perhaps you could simulate training healing others with our will? We got close a few times, and this way nobody will be injured if things go wrong.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 03:08:57 am by ZBridges »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3913 on: May 29, 2020, 06:15:06 am »

Fusion and chemistry would absolutely be helpful. My memories of them have dulled over the centuries.

Perhaps you could simulate training healing others with our will? We got close a few times, and this way nobody will be injured if things go wrong.
+1 Those sound like good uses of our time.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3914 on: May 29, 2020, 08:02:51 am »

+1 Those sound like good uses of our time.
+1
Pages: 1 ... 259 260 [261] 262 263 ... 381