00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 221280 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4200 on: June 30, 2020, 02:07:16 pm »

Talking with Magnus might be helpful, according to what Cephie told us, he’s after Alphira. We are not Alphira anymore. We could explain that we’ve changed, that we’re interested in fighting the plague, not Empereals...what are others’ thoughts on this?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4201 on: June 30, 2020, 02:39:27 pm »

I'd like to try contacting and recruiting Alphira's siblings, talking to Magnus, and asking Cephie what traders are reliable in the area.

Also, we might be able to get this thing off the ground if we disabled power saving mode.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 02:41:46 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4202 on: June 30, 2020, 02:50:12 pm »

Since we aren’t reviving the pirates, maybe turning off the Cryo pods will mean the ship isn’t using as much power and that extra power could be routed to the things we could use, such as the engines

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4203 on: June 30, 2020, 02:54:04 pm »

I would be hesitant to do that, as the pirates could be helpful in some way.  We could try just waking up one or two of them and try to negotiate an alliance, for example.  Let's see if we have enough fuel to make it back without disabling the cryo pods.

Query the AI as to how far the ship can travel if the main thrusters were switched from power saving mode.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4204 on: June 30, 2020, 03:04:58 pm »

I would be hesitant to do that, as the pirates could be helpful in some way.  We could try just waking up one or two of them and try to negotiate an alliance, for example.  Let's see if we have enough fuel to make it back without disabling the cryo pods.

Query the AI as to how far the ship can travel if the main thrusters were switched from power saving mode.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4205 on: June 30, 2020, 04:12:32 pm »

You query the weapons system, asking for yield in [mt]. It calculates each warhead at roughly fifty [megatons]. It really depends on if they trigger airburst or ground burst.

The main thrusters are offline. They are non-responsive. You likely have to reactivate power at a junction near the engines, and do some troubleshooting and energy routing. However, most huge engines rely on hydrogen antimatter -- there's also the offline gravity module, which is required for any amount of travel in the Void that doesn't take thousands of years, as the engines are reliant on it to reduce mass.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4206 on: June 30, 2020, 04:29:13 pm »

Let's get in-atmosphere travel working, so we can bring it to the fortress, before we worry about Void travel.  I know where we can get some fuel.  Attempt to reactivate power for the engines only.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4207 on: June 30, 2020, 04:31:44 pm »

Let's get in-atmosphere travel working, so we can bring it to the fortress, before we worry about Void travel.  I know where we can get some fuel.  Attempt to reactivate power for the engines only.
I think we need to head to the engine room first, if I’m not mistaken

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4208 on: June 30, 2020, 04:32:22 pm »

True, go to the engine room and try to re-route power to the engines.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4209 on: June 30, 2020, 05:14:21 pm »

Alright, so to work on all this I'll need a skeleton crew of about one thousand, a dry dock, several dozen various components that may or may not be possible to construct on this world. We should be Voidworthy in a couple of years.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4210 on: June 30, 2020, 05:19:15 pm »

What's the difference between the components that are in power-save mode and the components that are listed as non-responsive?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4211 on: June 30, 2020, 05:46:58 pm »

What's the difference between the components that are in power-save mode and the components that are listed as non-responsive?
i think the difference is obvious, those in power save mode are saving power, while those that are non responsive are turned off completely

Since we can’t fix the engine ourselves, maybe we could look for parts of the ship we can fix, or at least start on the process, if there are no parts we can currently fix, we can check in with Cephie, if she’s done communicating, we could try communicating with either Magnus or Line siblings

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4212 on: June 30, 2020, 05:50:31 pm »

If the main thruster is just saving power, then, doesn't that mean it can be switched off of that mode and enabled?  Saving power is not the same thing as broken.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4213 on: June 30, 2020, 06:56:09 pm »

Power save mode have had their junction boxes shut down to conserve power for vital systems. The secondary generator is supplying power to only vital systems. Cryobays, emergency lights, and keeping antimatter contained.

If we want to get this thing awake, the first thing would be restoring the main generator. Next would be to drain the water and clean the engines. Pushing an explosion through a clogged engine wouldn't be a good idea...

You muse as something dings behind you. The main elevator doors slide open, and out steps the largest Void Marine you've seen in your short life. His 'helmet' scrapes the roof of the bridge. His footsteps depress the metal floors. A massive las-cannon fixes on you even as you drive to the ground. It's lens is as big as your face. Jewels of platinum, Jade, and iron hang around his neck, but the most prominent display is the Ruby encrusted ring of twelve snakes burned into his black, black armor.

"Oi, the fuck you lot doin' on my ship? Couple of scrappers, eh? You best put your weapons down and put your hands up, else this is going to get real ugly." His voice is distorted by the armor, but he slurs his heavy brogue.

"...I'll call you back, mum." Cephie sighs.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4214 on: June 30, 2020, 07:00:30 pm »

Put down weapons, put our hands up and say that we found the ship and were hoping to repair it
Pages: 1 ... 279 280 [281] 282 283 ... 381