00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 239010 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4635 on: July 16, 2020, 06:32:55 pm »

I want to know why anyone thought goading the armor who could easily kill us was a good idea...thst was stupid and unnecessary

My intention wasn't to "goad" it.  It was a simple question.  I didn't know it would react explosively.  But sure, that was much more stupid than overusing our powers to the brink of starvation, giving ourself a concussion, and deafening us?

Is that what you're saying, Naturegirl1999?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: July 16, 2020, 06:40:16 pm »

I want to know why anyone thought goading the armor who could easily kill us was a good idea...thst was stupid and unnecessary

My intention wasn't to "goad" it.  It was a simple question.  I didn't know it would react explosively.  But sure, that was much more stupid than overusing our powers to the brink of starvation, giving ourself a concussion, and deafening us?

Is that what you're saying, Naturegirl1999?
No. Never mind. I don’t know what I was saying. Just forget I said anything, we should head back to camp.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: July 17, 2020, 12:00:50 am »

...Okay! Now, lets get the obvious out of the way first.

I greatly appreciate each and every one of you for following this thread and game so loyally over the last six months. Its amazing to think that you guys enjoy, or enjoyed, this game like this. So thank you, and I really mean that.

Second thing! Lets all take a nice relaxing breath. I never want this game to be a source of frustration or anger, and I'm sorry that it has happened. Conflict has always been civil on this game so far and I would like to keep it that way. This game is for enjoyment, because, remember, even losing is fun! Also ninety percent of the time I want to kill Pheonix. I enjoy it greatly when you get into conflict, because a front without unity is easier to break! :D Seriously. I have a problem. Don't give me this temptation.

Third thing. I apologize for misunderstanding, Zbridges, and I apologize for causing the stress. That's a limitation of text, I feel, is that it cannot translate emotions and intent, which, when subtlety is involved, makes things difficult for everyone.

Alright! Lets take a break and chill for a day. Everyone cool? If you aren't, please, send me a PM! We can talk it out.

((Edited to remove 50% of exclamation points because it made me look like a jackass.))

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: July 17, 2020, 12:20:05 am »

Alright! Lets take a break and chill for a day.

Hoooff, I'm glad you said that. Was considering requesting something similar.

Let's rest for a day... and then, let's talk this out before we jump back in. This became an out-of-character issue at some point, and I feel we all need the chance to address it as such.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: July 17, 2020, 05:03:32 am »

So what are we going to talk out, a plan going forward or am I missing something?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: July 17, 2020, 08:54:03 pm »

Something like that, I think?

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: July 18, 2020, 02:40:52 pm »

So, after that break, if anybody has any grievances to air or ooc issues to discuss, today is the day to do so.

I am going to finish this game no matter what. I cannot fail it.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: July 18, 2020, 05:45:42 pm »

((Clearly I am being too... emotional.  I'll step back as far as I can.))

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: July 18, 2020, 08:32:13 pm »

...right.

First off: Egar. You're an amazing writer. I've said it before, I expect I'll say it again. As soon as things wrap up here (one way or another), I'm kicking this thread straight to the Hall of Legends. It belongs there.

That said… losing is not fun. Not this time.
(I'll explain.)

If we'd chosen way back when to play the "murderhobo vigilante" you expected us to be? Maybe a bloody romp and a swift death would have been OK. We didn't do that-- we couldn't do that. You showed us a world that was strange, and beautiful, and broken-- so we took the charge given us, and we set out to guide her (as best we could) through to a better life. Phoebe became a daughter of sorts. More so, once we learned how she'd taken on an identity of her own-- an identity apart from ours.

It... hurts, to lose a child. To watch that child suffer.
Even in a story, it still hurts.
It's not fun.

Is it just me troubled by this? I assumed so before, but... well... we fell apart back there, and this is the best explanation I have. ZBridges?

klonk
Sigtext

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: July 18, 2020, 09:12:40 pm »

It is difficult, but I feel it is necessary.  I don't think a game like this can exist without negative consequences.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: July 18, 2020, 09:34:05 pm »

-
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 10:39:18 pm by Eschar »

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: July 18, 2020, 09:51:27 pm »

I'm... exhausted, is all. Of the beating down, the clawing up. I'd give up and let go, but-- well-- "Constantine." He-who-holds-the-course. Can't very well throw in the towel with a name like that.

I'll see this through, if I can. I'll keep clawing for that happy ending. I just wanted to point out that there's a real cost to this fictitious struggle, for many of us-- strange though that notion might be.

klonk
Sigtext

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: July 19, 2020, 01:23:52 am »

Thank you!

So, let me explain something about this game -- it was going to wait, but now seems like a good time...its an experiment. A sort of participatory design. A very rough draft of a system and setting I wanted to flesh out and work within. I appreciate everything, and each player I get, because I get to see what can be done within the system.

So with that said--

I'm a new writer. This is the first work I've gotten this far in. The games I've dm'ed in the past? Never got this far. So, basically-- I have no fucking idea what I'm doing half the time. But, I've always tended towards pieces of work with brutal themes, towards struggle, towards y'know, not nice shit. I feel like I'm really good at describing gore, for instance!
But I understand on a fundamental level that too much darkness isn't good. That it needs to be balanced. All I can say on that front is...trust me. Perhaps it won't be the happy ending you hope for, but this isn't Warhammer 40k.

Any other issues? Please. Seriously. I want the game to be enjoyable. There are some things I will not bend on, but I want to know, right?

I...I kind of want to implement something -- to negate fears of worry about a meaningless, unsatisfactory death, but I'm concerned about broaching the subject, as it is rather meta.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2020, 01:32:49 am by 19_EgarAlnis »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: July 19, 2020, 06:00:16 am »

I quite like the direction this game is heading and see nothing you need to change about it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: July 19, 2020, 08:25:16 am »

If you concerned about broaching the topic, perhaps you could approach players about it via PM...?
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 381