00 - Her potential has been limited by her free will- 00

I don't care.
- 0 (0%)
I don't care.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: January 04, 2021, 02:28:47 am

Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 381

Author Topic: McCreary's Planet -- (FINISHED)  (Read 240310 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: McCreary's Planet -- Act III: Sol's Reign
« Reply #4740 on: July 30, 2020, 06:02:38 pm »

"[I am <name here>.  It is a pleasure to meet you at last, Prince Samkrend.  Tell me truly, in private.  I will keep your words in the strictest confidence.  Is the Khanate really willing to ally with us?  Our people have a long and contentious history.]"
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 06:04:48 pm by ZBridges »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: July 30, 2020, 06:04:01 pm »

"I am <name here>.  It is a pleasure to meet you at last, Prince Samkrend.  Tell me truly, in private.  I will keep your words in the strictest confidence.  Is the Khanate really willing to ally with us?  Our people have a long and contentious history."
To confirm, this is in the Outlander toungue, right?

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: July 30, 2020, 06:04:34 pm »

Ah, right.  Edited.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4743 on: July 30, 2020, 06:46:45 pm »

"Well met, Pheobe of Clan Gainer. You are related to Black Gainer. She's my [godmother]. She organized my visit."

"As for that..." Rekhyt frowns, "I'm going to get down to the rivets of the matter. You need laborers. We need technology and expertise. Alliances only last between family. Anything else we would be expected to betray."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: July 30, 2020, 06:50:45 pm »

"[Understood and not unexpected.  Would there be significant instability caused by such an alliance?]"
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 06:55:16 pm by ZBridges »

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: July 30, 2020, 08:33:01 pm »

"Not from my people. Perhaps yours?" Rekhyt shrugs. "But whichever of my family is honored with your acceptance will be powerful no matter their actual position. As such there is competition. Blood may be shed when my father passes."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 09:28:41 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4746 on: July 30, 2020, 09:34:17 pm »

"[Hmm.  I'm not sure that our peoples will be able to interact with one another without some conflict due to differences in religion and culture.  If our states unified, would each of us maintain the current system of government with few changes?  One state but multiple systems?]"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4747 on: July 30, 2020, 09:49:47 pm »

"As a god, are you immortal? Isn't this but one fleeting moment? There will always be conflict. But the more our people come together, work together, and get pushed together by the forces of authority, the more chances there are to find common ground. Will they be able to rebel, when there is no other option?" Rekhyt looks around the garden, starting to pace through the sprouting greenery. "Tabbet and Mellone are the first two of Outlander descent to hold such power within your Holyland. Do you find them loyal and true? Hardworking?"

"The specifics shouldn't be a concern. The Outlands will not bow to you. The Holyland will not bow to us." He smiles, pausing at a water feature studded with lily pads and bright blue algae. "It would be difficult for you to rule the thousand clans. My father doesn't even try. Give it small changes, and perhaps in a hundred years, you will be looking at a planet unified in culture and religion. Not the same -- no culture remains the same, but change is good, isn't it?" He kneels, examing a small plant. "A good ruler plants trees that they will never sit beneath."
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 09:51:49 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: July 30, 2020, 09:53:26 pm »

Now that he is no longer "Khudal," he seems pretty frank and reasonable.  I think I would support an alliance.  Better that than a protracted war.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: July 30, 2020, 10:03:33 pm »

This all makes sense to me. I support the alliance

VoidSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: July 30, 2020, 11:09:31 pm »

You need to discuss with him the nature of this alliance though.

Show him the barker, explain it is a pet.

Ask him about the lands nearby that you may want to acquire that belong to other clans.

I am worried about trusting a culture that can not hold to bargains outside blood ties though.  Seeing such as a bonus in a deal is fine, but to have such a culture of betrayal.  Perhaps they are pushing hard to get you to agree to more then they would accept in a negotiation stance.

You hold a great deal to your relations and it seems would die for them.  Even Emma and her brother now, despite the strain between you.  It is a noble trait but be cautious about who you put that trust in.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: July 30, 2020, 11:10:19 pm »

I support an alliance - if the details and terms are adequate and to our liking.

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: July 30, 2020, 11:28:35 pm »

"I support the idea. We need to hammer out the details and understand where we stand." You explain, with a frown. "I'm sure such things would be better negotiated by our diplomats rather than just the two of us in this room."

"Of course. I never expected such a monumental agreement to be made so quickly. I would think you a fool." Rekhyt rises, approaching you. "My father still wishes to meet you. Still wishes to speak to you. Outlanders...find limits." He takes a step forward, smiling. "I suppose that's why SEED pushed us to the margins, isn't it? Too many questions. Too many limits found."

"Is that why you pushed my limits as Khudal?" You question, tilting your head. "To try and rouse my anger?"

"I am not afraid of fire, Pheobe. Why else would I seek you out of my own volition? Do you think my father sent me here? That my government supports me? That I'm anything but a fool?" He shrugs, pacing down the path pass you. "Consider your choices carefully, is all I recommend. One god to another."

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: July 30, 2020, 11:32:31 pm »

"[When I visit your father, are there any social mores I should be aware of?]"

19_EgarAlnis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: July 30, 2020, 11:45:04 pm »

"You will be tested. You will be adopted into a clan. Speak with Mellone. She can teach you what you need to know." With a glance at the door, "But let me give you a lesson on Outlander [theology], since you need to compete with our belief."

"Gods are a creation of man. Among some of the clans, I am held as divinity. My father moreso. Was it fate? To our uneducated, to those without will, yes, because they cannot grasp the thought of personal agency in the affairs of the world. The smart amongst us know that divinity is given by those that worship to those that have reached out into the world and pushed their limits. Show the clans that you will push your limits. Show them that you are the divinity you claim to be."

"What do you wish from the Outlands? What is it that you wish to gain? To hold, to grab, to seize?"
« Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:47:36 pm by 19_EgarAlnis »
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 381