Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Remove/Destroy sites (such as empty camps)  (Read 2259 times)

runedog48

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Remove/Destroy sites (such as empty camps)
« on: February 25, 2020, 07:55:54 pm »

Is it possible to destroy or make a site a 'ruin' once you've killed whatever inhabits that site? I'm mainly talking about camps, I've cleared several bandit camps but the site still exists.

delphonso

• Bay Watcher
  • menaces with spikes of pine
    • View Profile
Re: Remove/Destroy sites (such as empty camps)
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2020, 08:07:13 pm »

I don't believe so. Ruins only happen when a site is destroyed by invasions or megabeasts. I don't think it's possible for an adventurer to do this - say even at a hamlet or hillock.

Camps seem to be like caves as permanent places which can't be removed.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 10:52:35 am »

you can wipe out the population that lives there but you can't really turn a camp into a ruin,
this also goes for adventurer camps as they are treated as the same site type as bandit camps.
though this does mean that if you wipe out the entire bandit camp you could just slip in and start building stuff in the camp since there no civs there to prevent you from entering build mode.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 09:45:42 am »

I might be misremembering but when I killed the entirety of a town I saw it turn into a ruin. But it was months ago so again I might be misremembering.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2020, 03:56:07 am »

I might be misremembering but when I killed the entirety of a town I saw it turn into a ruin. But it was months ago so again I might be misremembering.
you depopulated the town but that only works with towns camps and lairs are mostly empty to begin with as their owners run out to do stuff and can't really be turn to ruins you could just kill the civ holding up in the site. What the maker of this thread is asking for is some Dfhack solution which would probably cause some DF issues down the line with the game wondering why this site that has historical connections to stuff is now literally gone.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes