Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47

Author Topic: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14  (Read 37615 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG]
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2020, 02:34:55 am »

1. Search for a master willing to train us in weapon skills

2. Continue making contacts with people, it's always a good idea to have people like us.

These two are good, but we'll probably want to be a little more specific than "someone to like us."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2020, 02:39:21 am »

Once we get more info about who there is to interact with us, sure. Until then, trying to be generally charming and likeable is a safe bet.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2020, 03:20:35 am »

If it takes up an action, it'll be you trying specifically to train that skill up further, NRDL.  If not, it'll just be how to interpret interactions with others.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 04:13:05 am »

Fair enough. The bit about establishing further contacts ( get a wider variety of people to interact with ) should still count, right
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 04:19:24 am »

Doing that in the course of your other actions is automatic.

If you are looking for something/someone specific, please let me know what you are looking for.

If you are simply exploring the city or some part of the city, that's also fine.

It's just a bit easier with a little more direction than trying to meet people.  You are in a massive city, there's easily about a million people here.  What kind of people are you looking for?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2020, 04:25:20 am »

Specifically, make nice to people in our immediate area that have their ears to the ground. Innkeepers, merchants, anybody who might know about things happening in distant lands or in our surroundings, that aren't immediately obvious.

The main goal is still to search for some sort of weapon master, but if we happen to run into any well informed people, in establishments like inns and markets and such, getting on their good side is a neat way to get information that might be usable.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2020, 04:48:56 am »

Ahh.  I missed a post in the OP, the description of the city.

Spoiler: City Description (click to show/hide)

The area that you live in is the Local Docks in the Port District.  It's the largest area of the city.  Scoping out your neighborhood is fine.

I'm sorry for the confusion.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2020, 06:37:46 am »

PTW
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2020, 08:27:51 pm »

Action: all the quoted things.

Hey, I know, let's ask about vampires! If we can become vampire we'll probably become stronger, and more importantly harder to kill.
Search for a master willing to train us in weapon skills
Specifically, make nice to people in our immediate area that have their ears to the ground. Innkeepers, merchants, anybody who might know about things happening in distant lands or in our surroundings, that aren't immediately obvious.

For the last two actions...
4: Try to train charm or find a way to do so.
5: Ask about troubling events.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2020, 03:29:13 am »

Hey, I know, let's ask about vampires! If we can become vampire we'll probably become stronger, and more importantly harder to kill.

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2020, 04:09:19 am »

+1
+1

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sh 2 [SG] Turn 2.1
« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2020, 10:35:05 pm »

Some of the faces you saw in your first vision were definately not those of a purely human you.  Though you are largely ignorant of supernatural creatures, you do know they exist, and at least some of them have great power.  It might be risky, but finding one could be to your benefit.

Now there isn't any sort of thing as an official mercenaries guild, but there are always travellers, independant or guards or otherwise.  So you head to the Merchant Quarters, and begin looking for hangouts or watering holes for travellers.

[1]

Most of the first few you look in are.. well, they seem too ordinary, just with tired soldiers in armour, more relaxed people on a few days off, and hopeful people looking ready for another job.  But mostly ordinary people.

[2][2]

So you go a bit further, into a few alleys over, looking for more unusual characters.  After a couple of hours, you find yourself looking into a very dark bar, almost hidden down a narrow flight of stairs behind a pile of water barrels.  It's larger than you expected, with perhaps a half dozen tables, a few corner booths, and a bar made of southern hardwood.  They serve some unusual drinks there, and the clientel, well, they certainly look more dangerous than the average patron.

[1][4][4]

You have a twinge of worry for a moment, but shake it off and decide to turn on the charm and look for some kind of hunter.  You do some regaling, and get some interesting stories out of these dangerous people.  At least one claims to have fought an animated spirit of the wind once, which is quite a thing, even if you've never heard of it before.  It seems he needed to get some special chimes, and..

[7+1] vs [6]

You fall to the ground, knocked down by a blow to the head, which feels incredibly painful.  Fortunately, you fall off the barstool in the right direction so your attacker doesn't yet have a grip on you, but you're still surrounded and he's coming in for a grab, and you fight to retain your grip on consciousness, fighting the alcohol as much as the blow..

[11]

And you do.  You manage to get yourself together, roll away from your attacker, and draw your weapon.  The problem is, there's at least six people in here, in addition to the barman, and from their reactions, they're all in on this.  You see the one guy who hit you with a sap, and at least one other guy up who is armed, with a knife similar to yours, if cheaper.  Two of the other four are getting up, although you don't see any weapons from them yet.  The bartender is out of sight.

"Easy" says the one who attacked you.  "You don't want to make us mess up that pretty face, do you?"

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2020, 10:35:35 pm »

(The dice were not merciful.  I suppose it could have been worse, you could have actually found a vampire..)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2020, 10:51:21 pm »

“no, I don’t. What do I need to do to get you to stop attacking me. I just want to live.”

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2020, 11:14:05 pm »

"Yes, look at my face."
Stab the one with a knife and abscond while they're distracted.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 47