Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47

Author Topic: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14  (Read 38074 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG]
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2020, 11:44:18 pm »

"I could ask you the same. You haven't got as much to lose as me, but there's more of you to lose it. Who's first, risking their necks for the rest of you?"

Bluff/intimidate them. If that doesn't work, run fer it!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 03:14:05 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2020, 12:02:57 am »

((IC you would know these guys as slavers.  You don't know what would happen to you if they take you away, but it won't be good.))

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2020, 12:10:26 am »

Sounds like a good chance for us to get ‼️Ç͜͏͖̲̣̘H͓̹̗̻͓͈͙͝A̲̦̫̯̟͕̥̣R̼͠A҉͍̫Ć̢̭͈T̙̦E̛͎̮̗̬R̡͖͙̭ ̸̤̖͉̼̥̟̟̝̭͠G̷̻̫̤̻R҉̷̱̦̠̭͘ͅO̴͓̺͉W̝̝̺̳͇͙͢T̥̫̗̙̭̙̩͟H̡͙̫͙̬̭̻‼️

Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2020, 12:28:23 am »

I'll probably just call that a failure, really.  Don't want to describe that at length.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2020, 12:31:44 am »

Mm-kay, we need a proper plan here.

Quick, glance-- is there a clear way out of here? If yes, book it. If not, we're gonna have to shank whoever's at the door quick and brutal-like. This is a time for speedy brutality.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2020, 12:55:23 am »

The door is mostly clear.  If you bypass the guy with the sap, you can get to it.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2020, 01:22:21 am »

Aight.

Enact violence upon sap guy's groin in whatever manner seems most expedient: dagger, knee, whatever. Follow that up with a dagger/punch to the throat, then get out of here fast as ever we can.

klonk
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2020, 01:25:22 am »

Fun as groin-stabs are, maybe it would be better to strike at whatever's expedient using whatever's expedient.
Though it's probably just a single roll no matter what we do anyways. :P

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2020, 01:27:31 am »

I'm not gonna pretend like my plan's a good idea, but I suspect the ol' shiv-n-run would end up being a poor compromise between the two intended effects.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2020, 01:38:06 am »

Bluffing and Attacking are one roll each, but the rolls might be different.

Same with perhaps other ideas.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2020, 01:38:24 am »

I'm not gonna pretend like my plan's a good idea, but I suspect the ol' shiv-n-run would end up being a poor compromise between the two intended effects.

Can't fight, there's too many of 'em and we're a scrub.
Can't run, there's someone in the way.
Can't negotiate, we're clearly at the disadvantage here and have nothing to barter with that can't just be taken.

So our options are "make a hole" or "surrender", one of which is a softlock.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2020, 01:40:38 am »

We can't actually negotiate or fight, but we might be able to do the first by bluffing our ability to do the second. Presumably slavers aren't terribly fond of being stabbed trying to acquire merchandise.

I suppose the other thing is sounding more attractive the longer I think about it, though.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2020, 01:58:35 am »

I suppose the other thing is sounding more attractive the longer I think about it, though.

Vicious practicality for the win! :))

Fun as groin-stabs are, maybe it would be better to strike at whatever's expedient using whatever's expedient.

Trouble is, "expedient" and "effective" are two different things. A simple center-of-mass stabbing might kill our assailant, but it'd be kinda slow-- and we can't afford slow right now. I'm looking to cause this guy as much pain as possible in as short a time as possible, and I can't think of any better way to accomplish that than a knife to the unmentionables.

...good grief but that was painful to write  :-X

klonk
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2020, 02:12:00 am »

Painful? I don't see why. :D

I'm really not an expert in this kind of fighting. Sadly, neither is our character so keep that in mind.
I'd vote for center-mass just because it's a larger target, less likely to miss and faster to target. Going for the groin meanwhile is pretty much a guaranteed KO, but it's probably slower. Stabbing center mass meanwhile may not kill quickly, but I'd gamble on it being distracting enough to make an escape.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2020, 02:18:28 am »

I think I'll go back to splitting the vote between intimidation/bluffing, painful escape, and outright murder.

Should be a wild update whatever we decide.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 47