Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47

Author Topic: Sh 2 [SG] Week 14  (Read 38121 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sh 2 [SG]
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2020, 02:27:49 am »

Yeah, there's no particular hurry.  You guys can take as long as you need to come to a consensus.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2020, 02:31:26 am »

"Fucking finally.  I haven't stabbed anyone in days.  Who's first?"  Smile joyfully.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:51:04 am by ZBridges »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2020, 02:52:58 am »

That might be laying it on a little thick. It sounds like either a defenseless person bluffing as hard they they can (which we are) or a the bored master martial artist taunting some mooks before beating them up (which we are not).
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2020, 03:02:00 am »

Bear in mind, we don't actually need to kung fu them all down to make attacking us a poor idea. If we so much as gut-shiv one of them before they stuff us in a sack, this was probably a poor trade on their part. If we do any damage and then they have to kill us, this was a total loss anyway.

Of course, this relies on slavers making good decisions or being cowards, which is where my uncertainty comes from. They might just shout a stereotypical mook line and then rush us, casualties be damned.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2020, 03:08:46 am »

Yeah, so I think that it would make more sense to say "I could gut at least one of you" than "lol I could kill all your scrubs if I wanted to."

But sometimes, it's less effective to threaten damage than it is to actually do damage. If we point out that we could do some damage in a fight, what's to stop them from saying "shit, you right" and covering the exits, surrounding us, and/or getting out a crossbow?

Remember, talking about doing violence reduces your capacity to do that same violence.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2020, 03:13:55 am »

Another important point for me is what we intend to do once we get out of here. If they're worried about witnesses, bluffing isn't super effective because they're kind of all or nothing to begin with. If we're intending to rat them out to the guards, bursting out of here screaming I FOUND THE SLAVERS COME GET THEM while they chase us might be more appropriate than trying to smooth-talk our way clean.

...damn. I think I'm gonna change my vote to knife or feint sapman out of our way and run for it.

Hm. But will running the blockade be just as easy as settling this with words? I wonder.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 03:54:48 am by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2020, 03:40:13 am »

knifing and running is different from just running.

I need that seperated.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2020, 03:55:37 am »

He tries for the grabbo he gets the stabbo.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2020, 04:16:51 am »

Painful? I don't see why. :D

I'm really not an expert in this kind of fighting. Sadly, neither is our character so keep that in mind.
I'd vote for center-mass just because it's a larger target, less likely to miss and faster to target. Going for the groin meanwhile is pretty much a guaranteed KO, but it's probably slower.

Not if we use our knee instead! Is why I said whatever's expedient.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2020, 04:20:10 am »

Eh, probably want to use the knife unless we get a really good cyan exclamation point.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2020, 04:24:52 am »

I'm not too worried about the particulars. Swift ugly violence on the guy blocking our way out, that's all I care about.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2020, 06:08:47 am »

Lets just stab the guy already.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2020, 07:08:50 am »

stab sap guy and leave

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Sh 2 [SG] Turm 2.1
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2020, 11:40:45 pm »

You get up and charge the bastard, knife out, looking to make a stab and run for the door.  Nothing fancy, aim for the torso, and go.

[7+1=8 vs 6-1=5]

You do so.  You get a good solid stab down the guys left arm, and dash under his oncoming blow from the sap.

[6 vs 7-2]

..and just make it over his left foot, around the knee, and bolt for the door.  In a instant, you are through it, up the grungy stairs, and out into the open air again.

A moment later, you stop panting and look around at the huge crowd of people, milling about oblivious to what just about happened to you.  Would they have known?  Would they have heard you?  Would they have done anything?

Fortunately, for you at least, you'll never have to find out.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 11:51:08 pm by Devastator »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2020, 11:59:28 pm »

Report this travesty to the guards. Even if they don't believe us or can't prove anything, casting suspicion on that place and those people will add pressure.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 47