Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: is there any way to get clowns to spawn with humans like they do with goblins  (Read 1401 times)

dashadowlord

• Bay Watcher
  • this games out to get me
    • View Profile

is there any way to get clowns to spawn with humans like they do with goblins
If life were like DF, Toady's strange mood would have produced an Artifact Game of Awesome that menaces with spikes of code ten years ago.  
But it is not.
Instead, what we have is a single obsessive mason trying to carve Mt. Rushmore.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Clowns will spawn with any civ who's main race has the [EVIL] tag. Just add it to humans.

Not sure what happens if you add [EVIL] to just one caste of a civ though.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 10:59:40 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

dashadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

thanks
If life were like DF, Toady's strange mood would have produced an Artifact Game of Awesome that menaces with spikes of code ten years ago.  
But it is not.

dashadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

and just tested it doesn't seem to work if you only add it to one caste
But it is not.

dashadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

odd it seems to not spawn them anyway
But it is not.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

odd it seems to not spawn them anyway
Should do. In the current version you'll only get one breakthrough maybe two if you're lucky. Remove Evil from goblins to make sure and generate a few worlds, they'll turn up eventually.

I have three civs with Evil and at least one turns up in every world.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:36:33 am by Shonai_Dweller »

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile

Clowns will spawn with any civ who's main race has the [EVIL] tag. Just add it to humans.

It doesn't work in that way.
Clowns spawns along goblin civs because that race lives in Dark Fortresses. Those structures have a direct connection with the Circus (an Underworld Spire, generally in the center of the site), and are forced in worldgen to be ruled by clowns.

Anyways, humans have dynamic positions, so they should be capable of appointing clowns as lawgivers or diplomats.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Clowns spawns along goblin civs because that race lives in Dark Fortresses. Those structures have a direct connection with the Circus (an Underworld Spire, generally in the center of the site), and are forced in worldgen to be ruled by clowns.

Anyways, humans have dynamic positions, so they should be capable of appointing clowns as lawgivers or diplomats.
Yes. Except no, it doesn't work that way.
I have evil hobbits who normally live in hamlets spawning with their demon lord.

Wait, we are talking about the new feature of new goblin civs being spawned during worldgen, right? If not ignore all this.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 02:39:20 am by Shonai_Dweller »

LargeSnail

• Bay Watcher
  • Sluggish Modder
    • View Profile

I have evil hobbits who normally live in hamlets spawning with their demon lord.

Wait, we are talking about the new feature of new goblin civs being spawned during worldgen, right? If not ignore all this.

New goblin civs can appear during worldgen? I didn't know that ???
There are a lot of new features that I'm not familiarized with yet, but that's how goblins civs used to work in prior versions.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New goblin civs can appear during worldgen? I didn't know that ???
There are a lot of new features that I'm not familiarized with yet, but that's how goblins civs used to work in prior versions.
Yes, worldgen dwarves can dig too deep in the new version. Clowns emerge at the head of a new goblin civ (or any with [EVIL] tag). I had thought that was what the op was talking about when he mentioned "spawning" clowns. But perhaps not.