Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Community Stories image Hosting?  (Read 646 times)

Graysire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Community Stories image Hosting?
« on: February 15, 2020, 02:41:56 pm »

Hey all you wonderful dwarves, I've been working on a DF story, and I have images for it, but I have absolutely no idea as to how to host the images and put them into my posts, so..uh..how do images?

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
Re: Community Stories image Hosting?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2020, 03:46:58 pm »

First, find an online image hosting site. I use Imgur (It's free to create an account!) to host my forum profile picture, for instance.
Next, upload the picture you want to display.
Then, once uploaded, right-click on the image and select "Copy image address".
Come back to the forums, and use the "Insert Image" button when making your post.
Lastly, between the two tags (the "{img}" and "{/img}") paste the image address. That's it!

However do note it's good practice & etiquette to put images inside spoiler tags so that they can be compressed for other users.
To do this, use the "Insert Spoiler" button when making your post.
Then, inside the spoiler tags, click the "Insert Image" button, and paste the image address as you normally would.

Example:

P.S. If you want to rename a spoiler, just add "=" followed by your choice of text inside the first spoiler tag. You can also do this to give your hyperlinks a name, as I have done in the first line of this post. To see what I mean, you can click "Quote" on the upper right of my post to get a look at how I formatted my post.
Cheers!