Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What values are good for guildhall requirements?  (Read 2935 times)

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
What values are good for guildhall requirements?
« on: March 11, 2020, 12:28:44 pm »

The default population requirements for temples & guildhalls in d_init are way too high, so in a recent fort I tried playing with them set to 3:9 instead. For temples it worked great, but for guildhalls they were way too low, I probably had 15-20 guildhalls by the end with not nearly enough dwarves to actually visit them. I'm thinking of setting the guildhall requirements to 5:10 instead, but I'm curious if anyone has had any luck getting them to a good number yet.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What values are good for guildhall requirements?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 02:13:53 pm »

Haven't started playing 0.47.X yet, but I expect the numbers depend on the target fortress pop, so any recommended numbers should probably be accompanied by the fortress pop.

I also guess that low numbers may put a stress on your fortress in that you'll get petitions to set facilities up while you haven't yet managed to get the fortress basics set up (similar to get a monarch early with a struggling civ).

nimbus25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What values are good for guildhall requirements?
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 04:11:50 pm »

I've been playing with a population of 120-150 so far, and I didn't get many requests for the first year or so, only after the 4th or 5th migrant wave did I start getting tons of requests.