Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 0.47.x worth playing in Fortress Mode?  (Read 5067 times)

lyraluthuin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: 0.47.x worth playing in Fortress Mode?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2020, 06:56:53 pm »

I just stumbled on a feature that cinches it for me (I'm pretty sure it's new or this is a major facepalm moment), but you can now make mining designations across multiple z-levels!!! So making that central stair down to the magma sea is now as easy as two keystrokes at the top, scrolling down to the bottom, and hitting Enter.

Time to update my macros.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2020, 07:03:37 pm »

I just stumbled on a feature that cinches it for me (I'm pretty sure it's new or this is a major facepalm moment), but you can now make mining designations across multiple z-levels!!! So making that central stair down to the magma sea is now as easy as two keystrokes at the top, scrolling down to the bottom, and hitting Enter.

Time to update my macros.
That's been a thing for years.
But wait, don't face palm, there's a virus going around, you know.
 :)

lyraluthuin

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2020, 11:54:35 pm »

Arg, so much wasted time designating stairways level by level. I thought I'd tried doing it across multiple levels more than once. Guess I'm going to need some hand sanitizer....

Trabber Shir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2020, 12:14:23 am »

You probably got in the habit on an early fort where you had some fancy layout around the stairs on every level. In that case it is a lot easier to make a macro for one or two levels then ctrl+u 99 ctrl+p

badiro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2020, 01:00:10 pm »

Goblin Invasions are a LOT more fun with this version, they bring their demonfriends to the battle, one of this beasts stripped the arm of my commander incl. his Ada battleaxe and shred the rest of my squad with my axe

hauling goblin arms and legs is not longer a problem, hauling dwarfenparts is
Camela Labaamu has become a Elf

"Yes Urist we said you can become whatever you want...but"

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2020, 04:48:02 pm »

Goblin Invasions are a LOT more fun with this version, they bring their demonfriends to the battle, one of this beasts stripped the arm of my commander incl. his Ada battleaxe and shred the rest of my squad with my axe

hauling goblin arms and legs is not longer a problem, hauling dwarfenparts is
Ah, yes. With other dwarf sites in the world breaking through to the circus, one or two goblin civs will be full of demons. Stand by for extra Fun.  :)

gchristopher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2020, 09:43:51 pm »

Clown invaders sounds pretty cool.

Do guilds effectively combat skill rust? I usually mod rust out because it's too much work to micromanage skill practice, especially medical skills.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2020, 03:08:43 am »

Private membership only guildhalls/temples are normally useful for offloading display objects around, as its safer in general with the visitation conditions and also fufills value requirements much of the time.

With the overlap, you can definitely encourage doctor scholars to grand-stand and teach dwarves their skills in a public doctors guildhall (abstract to a private one) to save the other ways of just waiting for migrants then working up the knowledge from within.

emeraldemon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2020, 11:00:01 am »

I'm enjoying the new interrogations in dwarf mode. 

• Build a tavern
  • Interrogate any suspicious looking visitors
  • Visitors confess to nefarious plots
  • Dispense firm dwarven justice!
Pages: 1 [2]