Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Citizens of the Empire Unite! All Power to the Kurultai! (IC)  (Read 4063 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Citizens of the Empire Unite! All Power to the Kurultai! (IC)
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2020, 10:04:42 pm »

"Ah, Comrade Mysha. Good to see another of our competent men in attendance.

My preference is for retaining the family as hostages, but I will throw in for assassination out of respect for Genro Nakamura's wishes."

Code: [Select]
Vote Tally:

Headquarters Location: [This is a preferential poll; mark a 1 next to your preferred choice, 2 for secondary choice, and 3 for last choice]
Kanogawa City
Shin-Kanogawa 2
Yashimura
Yamamizu
Okimichi
Akushu 3
Tairana 1

Charuke Clan Hostages: [This is a simple binary poll; mark 1 next to your preferred choice]
Rescue
Assassinate 1
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2020, 10:14:11 pm »

Erill, upon hearing Mysha's last statement, gives him a distasteful look.

Vote Tally:

Headquarters Location: [This is a preferential poll; mark a 1 next to your preferred choice, 2 for secondary choice, and 3 for last choice]
Kanogawa City
Shin-Kanogawa 3
Yashimura
Yamamizu
Okimichi 1
Akushu
Tairana 2
Primeval Forest

Charuke Clan Hostages: [This is a simple binary poll; mark 1 next to your preferred choice]
Rescue 1
Assassinate
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 03:02:40 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2020, 10:19:39 pm »

"Karuzuki-san, of course keeping them as hostages is a valid option, one which I konstrued as a vote for Rescuing the Charuke family members."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2020, 12:06:57 am »

"Your presence honors us Comrade Mysha.

I will remain true to myself. I vote for the assassination of the Charuke hostages."

Vote Tally:

Kanogawa City 2
Shin-Kanogawa
Yashimura
Yamamizu
Okimichi
Akushu
Tairana 3
Primeval Forest 1

Rescue
Assassinate 1
« Last Edit: February 23, 2020, 02:40:12 pm by Nakéen »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2020, 11:34:34 pm »

“The Singuralist faith is above the usage of assassination and trickery to gain our benefits when the meek and masses will come to our arms of war.

Vote Tally:

Kanogawa City
Shin-Kanogawa 3
Yashimura
Yamamizu
Okimichi 2
Akushu
Tairana
Primeval Forest 1

Rescue: 1
Assassinate

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2020, 03:38:48 am »

"All our actions have consequences." Eri began, assessing the board and her works. "All consequences flow into actions, and all actions are held under interpretation. I have killed many people, and I have realized that it does nothing for one's feelings or motives in the long-run of life, it is only that I hold control over my own actions that matters. If not me, it would be someone else, with far more or less intent behind what they do."

She procured wooden chips from her sleeve, and placed them on the planning board, similar to the contemporary popular board games used. "We all agree that the hostages are important, but the very fact that we are acting on this regardless of how it ends, means something. That we are capable of going into the heart of the Shogun's lair, and having that capability to strike. This assessment is heart of all actions we face, because all we fight against are to be respected, else we fail to see ourselves in the reflection of our actions."

Vote Tally:

Kanogawa City 1
Shin-Kanogawa 2
Yashimura
Yamamizu
Okimichi 3
Akushu
Tairana
Primeval Forest

Rescue 1
Assassinate 2
"What we do not have is the position of control. While I have written much a tale of truth within lies, if the Charuke die, it will be difficult to pin it on the Shogun, and it will only bolster her narrative against us--with the laws she passed--and against other cells and people. While she will likely never admit it in public, she holds the narrative for all other provinces, and we can't push as many resources otherwise until the uprising starts. Of course we can always rescue them and assess from there. It would be even worse if we assassinate them and fail, even if that may be undoubtfully easier, it would need a lot more talk to back up. But it matters that we get there. If we fail to rescue them, they can die--but we need our operatives to be kept alive and uncaptured."

Eri segued into the principles of utility--where their best HQ would be in the main thoroughfare of things regardless, with one or two cells for rallying support. She mentioned the importance of priests of Izai in the area, as it would at times be a bloody revolution, as well as the importance for dialogue and conversation...after removing corrupt and inhumane influences.

"I presume we all agreed unanimously to share resources."
((I underlined what I used))
Spoiler: Running Plan Costs? (click to show/hide)
"I therefore conclude that we know too many people and need to devise plots to use our resources well. I have no doubt we will succeed in any of these further...minor actions. We can move around who contacts whom as a hero, now that we know who we all potentially know."
((We actually have 24 actions overall, if we assume that we're taking full use of our 6 relationships)
Spoiler: Action Plan (click to show/hide)
"Having done all that, I deeply feel like we have great room for adjustment."
Spoiler: Consider. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 04:11:55 am by Tiruin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 03:49:52 am »

Comrade Mysha looks at the tally and shrugs.

"Comrades, it seems you've decided not to assassinate the hostages today and that the central cell should be in...the Primeval Forest."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2020, 04:10:44 am »

"Comrades, it seems you've decided not to assassinate the hostages today and that the central cell should be in...the Primeval Forest."
"That was two out of five, and one not of them even removed the forest from their scroll." Eri said, pointing at Ai's vote paper. "Shin-Kanogawa has more considerate votes, and our esteemed engineer is still stooped in thought."

Kanogawa City 2, 1
Shin-Kanogawa 2, 3, 3, 2
Yashimura
Yamamizu
Okimichi 1, 2, 3
Akushu 3
Tairana 1, 2, 3
Primeval Forest 1, 1
"You need a better abacus. I will sign the orders to bring in better equipment immediately. Given how common they are to procure, just as easily."

Free Action: Get music/arts equipment, and a better calculator.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 25, 2020, 04:27:47 am »

Nakamura accepted the decision.

"And so it is."

"It also comes to my attention that I forgot to clarify where I would operate."

Actions planned:
- Consort with the Intelligensia in Kanogawa City (x2): Nakamura will meet with men and women of letter, reinforcing the rebel network among the upper spheres, mainly within the bureaucracy of the capital of Kanogawa.
- Spread propaganda in Shin-Kanogawa (x2): Nakamura will write poems exhorting the people to freedom, and to fight against the oppression of the Shogunate. Hopefully words and letters will spread further through the winds of trade that bless Shin-Kanogawa.
- Hero of the Revolution (Cost 1 Relationship): Fūma Kotarō the Wind Demon, head of the Fūma clan, they are a half-oni shinobi known for their legendary assassination skills.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2020, 09:14:32 pm by Nakéen »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2020, 05:07:04 am »

"That was two out of five, and one not of them even removed the forest from their scroll." Eri said, pointing at Ai's vote paper. "Shin-Kanogawa has more considerate votes, and our esteemed engineer is still stooped in thought."

Kanogawa City 2, 1
Shin-Kanogawa 2, 3, 3, 2
Yashimura
Yamamizu
Okimichi 1, 2, 3
Akushu 3
Tairana 1, 2, 3
Primeval Forest 1, 1
"You need a better abacus. I will sign the orders to bring in better equipment immediately. Given how common they are to procure, just as easily."

Free Action: Get music/arts equipment, and a better calculator.

"Ah, apologies Komrade Errri, but it was not the abacus' fault- more bekause I don't have an abacus. You are corrrrect; the chosen prime cell is to be lokated in Shin Kanogawa."

Mysha wondered if Eri knew Karuzuki-san so well to be dropping her first name so casually. [derp]

"Comrrrade Karuzuki has already informed me that her vote is not mistaken and Sibin-san has already made his vote, yes?" [Will edit this if ironyowl changes his mind]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 05:37:18 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2020, 05:25:06 am »

“It seems we have devised the creation of our HQ into the magical Primeval Forest, it lacks a population mass for recruits and such, but it’s evasive location and magical connection could be helpful with a more subtle attempt in our operation. We can call for a discount. But as the vote was miscounted, we are going to set an HQ in the trade city which is perfectly reasonable for me, as it was wealth, people, and all kind of resources that a trade city of Shin Kanogawa would have and I see no reason for a recount to be called into construction. Even if the primeval forest, would be an interesting choice to set up in.

I will use my evenly distributed religious fervor and pray for the success of both the capturing of the hostages and than the assistance of my desecration of the corrupt religion infections of the system of their temple, may my assistance lead to the success of both of these missions. As well, my own personal created cell will be in Okimichi, we need a manufacturing site and it’s a religious missionary traveling site that will have a spot for the spirituality-inclined the best place to start my conversion and recruitment campaign. The main resource I need is a secret known by a fellow Yamato scholar, and my objectives can be completed and than my efforts can be spend on the others.

Maybe I should ask what kind of hero does the Detche desire?, some sort of tinkerer to assist him?.

Actions Planned
Know a guy for wealth: I know of a rich Celestial lord who owes me a favor, by assisting with the unrest problems he had with his rice peasants by making them peaceful and happy with their lot in life, and could help substantiate the development of a cell inside the Okimichi fief.

Worship (1x): I shall make the the Yamato spirits of the land aid in the success of our plots and actions, allowing them to show the people why we have zeal and the cause to aid in our efforts. I have my doubts on whether these spirits will aid in our reconstruction efforts, and with my intent on desecration of the iron god, so I may spend time on other beneficial matters.

Inciting Disruption and Disobedience in Yashimura: This fief is a claim under the daimyo’s control of Charuke, if I distract his known and owned territories with local problems that he will have to administer and spend time fixing, he won’t be prepared for our incoming rebellion.

Inciting the Rabble in Shin-Kanogawa, Okimichi, Yamamizu: (3x) I shall spend most of my time to gain the religious and spiritual masses on our side as we inclined for war and of the hopeful peaceful conversion, a missionary recruitment of the levy for our just cause and for the meek shall allow us to field a feasible amount of men for the overthrow of the daimyo and for a more just system. Both of the these of a moderate or high population of likely farmers and rabble to recruit from, even more so due to agriculture center of Yamamizu

Debate in Shin-Kanogawa, Okimichi: One of these areas is a trade-center and the other a pilgrimage way station, all supported by our HQ and my funded cell, I shall get the priests of these location to join my Singularist faith and commence the rebellion through a faithful connection.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 25, 2020, 02:24:50 pm »

"Seeing the plans, it comes to me that we have planned without highlighting our expertise. If an expert, like one of us, can speak twice as effective than anyone else without expertise, let me rearrange these in further refining consideration. We need to focus our build-up in strategic points, namely Charuke holdings, as many towns are vassals to the Charuke. We stack our plans on them to capitulate the domain. I believe we all feel that we will lose much to go against the Kensei directly."

Eri merely rearranged tiles on the planning board. "Nothing wrong with a flexible plan as we are experts in all of these. Although I think we did lack space in consorting with the clergy."
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 03:24:31 am by Tiruin »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 25, 2020, 04:01:23 pm »

"I do not object to letting someone else handle initial contacts with our new champions while I handle in-depth persuasion and training our... soldiers. I would rather attempt to recruit samurai from all three locations than two and handling more drills, however."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2020, 03:32:59 pm »

For Micelus: Actions to be processed prior to main turn:
- Uncover secrets about the Kensei's powers and motivations. (Unique Action)
- Uncover secrets about the Primeval Forest. (Unique Action)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2020, 07:09:21 pm »

Turn 0: Sleeping Dragons - Mumei's Aside

The genro known as Mumei deigns to act, uncovering secrets within the domain.

Uncover secrets about the Kensei's powers and motivations

The power of the kensei is derived from their status as a shintai; a repository for the incorporeal gods and spirits of the world called kami.  Shintai are usually physical objects like mirrors or swords and oft found in temples. In all of Yamato, there are very few people who are themselves, shintai. Whilst spirit possession occurs from time to time -and it is said that the gods themselves may rarely do the same -the status of a shintai is  vastly different from possession. Those who are living shintai do not lose their minds and bodies to the spirit, being instead in complete control of themselves. They gain the channelled power and blessing of the kami within them, making use of their senses and powers as second nature. By pleasing the kami within them, the living shintai is able to excel to degrees far higher than any mortal being.

In Yamato, the only regularly occurring living shintais are the yokozuna - champion sumo wrestlers- and the kensei. The former gain their power by successive victory and grace in tournaments and become filled with the spirits of valour and honour. The kensei gains it similarly by victory, but also by causing incredible amounts of death. Rather than being filled with spirits of valour and honour, the kensei is filled by fragments of the warrior kami. These kami do not care from whence (or how) the blood flows, only that it does. For this reason, both heroes and villains have been kensei. Some say (mainly the believers of some Meditationist sects) that the kami that inhabit the kensei are demons, but this has rarely troubled the bearers of the revered title. Whilst in previous ages there were multiple kensei, there has only been one at any given time for the last few centuries.

The current kensei, Charuke Sakura, gained her title on the fields of Yabakjae, slaying hundreds of the enemy without end. She gave herself to the pursuit of death, dancing through volleys of flame, arrow and cannon as if it was but rain. Straining herself beyond the limits of what was expected, she won many a battle and dealt doom to many Celestial and Imjan champions sent to fight her. The moment the previous kensei -Akira Ieyesu- died fighting atop a Celestial dragon, Charuke Sakura felt an immense surge of power within her and soon recognised that she had been appointed kensei by the kami. [All of the above is general information that Mumei is able to easily learn about]

The presence of the kami within her made the learning of magics possible to the warrior, and she soon delved into the sage-paths of the Yabakjae, but was never able to master their arts. She sought to observe the volcano cult of the Outer Ino Domains, but found herself unable to channel the emotions required to make use of their cthonic spells. She made pilgrimage to the palace of Ryujin and was soon frustrated by the personality that the watery spheres needed of her. Exhausted, she returned home and discovered an art most had overlooked; oni spellcraft. As a child, Charuke Sakura had oft been reminded about the danger that the oni represented, why it was so necessary to perform the spring rituals and establish divine wards. Now old and wizened, she wondered why it mattered so much; the oni were warriors but simpleminded. They were not difficult deal with if prepared. Thinking on that, she made journey into the abodes of the oni - the deep woods and the forsaken caves - and made communion with their shamans. Proving herself worthy of their respect (having slaughtered her way through many of their kin), the oni enlightened her in the entropic magics of her people- of miasma, poison, fire and beasts. Much to her surprise, Charuke Sakura found that she could channel them easily. According to the shamans of the oni, she exemplified the virtues required of the path: Brutality, Hate, Determination, Stubbornness, Recklessness, Profound Memory and Impatience. Much pleased, the kensei then slaughtered her teachers - all of whom were understanding of her decision to strengthen herself. In frantic battle, they gave their final challenge to the kensei, attempting to enact the bleeding plague upon her. They were no match for the kensei and fell before the chants were completed and the gestures made. Before falling, the last of them bestowed the name of "Demonic Drunken Monkey" upon her. This was a name of extreme respect amongst onis.

Having gained the power she had sought, the kensei chose to retire from the daimyoship, establishing herself on the slopes of Mount Yashin. Whilst nominally teaching students in the sword-styles expected of a samurai, she has chosen to tutor privately those she sees with potential. These she teaches a new style, one based on the manner of the oni. It is these students who form her secretive bodyguard. Mumei believes that some of these have even gained the ability to perform oni magics.

-------

The motivations of the kensei, it seems to Mumei, are simple: the upholding of her bloodline and the survival of Kanogawa Domain. For now, this is best served by loyalty to the Shogunate due to the vast difference in resources that she possesses compared to the Kamon Clan. However, she is very much a woman of ego. She finds it an embarrassment that she, the kensei and once-hegemon of Middle Yamato, serves a lowlander worshipper of the Goddess of Mercy. In her opinion, the goddess represents a virtue of the weak and menial. Indeed, she finds the whole matter completely at odds with the expectation of her class and role in society, believing Mercy to be something beyond the scope of warrior-rulers.

As such, she secretly plans to weaken the Shogunate. She finds it unlikely that she can defeat the Shogunate now and does not even think its possible with herself amongst the living. Instead, has quietly been stockpiling armaments and treasures throughout Kanogawa- although that is very much a secret. Whilst wise in these decisions, she very much detests the fact that she must skulk in the dark and wait - something which is most at odds with her own personality. If given the chance, the kensei would very much like to march on Edokawa and slaughter the whole of the Clan, razing the silly temple of Kammon as well.

Still, she cannot find herself raising the banner of rebellion at all until her Clan's safety is ensured. Her oaf of a son Charuke Aijin and his family remains free, nominally ruling in Kanogawa City. The rest of her clan - including her wiser, smarter, tougher and overall competent children, siblings and cousins - has been sent as hostages to Edokawa as part of the Kamon's Clan's "Ensuring Peace By Hospitality" edict. She knows that the moment she calls for the Shogun's head that the heads of her own clan will be cut loose. Not by honourable suicide, but by the slow garroting of the butcher's blade. Worse, she fears that no funerary rites will be spoken for them and that their bodies will be fed to the pigs. For these reasons, Charuke Sakura refuses to show even an ounce of overt disloyalty to the Shogunate.

Uncover secrets about the Primeval Forest

There are many tales and stories about the virgin and ancient forests of northern Kanogawa, some more known than others. Mumei has researched and compiled many a tale and by making use of more occult or esoteric methods, has discovered many secrets of the Primeval Forest.

-The mythical koro-pok-guru still inhabit the Primeval Forest in glades hidden from the eyes of men. Ancient minuscule people who inhabited Yamato prior to even the Emshin, the koro-pok-guru were known for their generosity and good hearts. They control the winding paths of the forest, which makes men and beast lost within the Forest.
-There is a wise oni inhabiting the a hovel by a stream within the Forest who has apparently lived a thousand years.
-A cache of old texts has been discovered by a bandit local to the area; it is said that they pertain to Celestial philosophy and early Yamato histories.
-The lights that are visible above the centre of the Forest gather above a kofun, one of the old manmade mounds used as a tomb for ancient nobility and notables. It is said that the kofun's doors are open on the nights where the lights appear and that conversation in a crude and non-intelligible tongue emanates from the tomb. Warriors dressed in archaic armour and emaciated hores have been seen around the kofun during those nights.
-A group of what seem to be ronin have been sited in the forest, playing flutes and drums, followed by wolves and dogs.
-An ancient shintai has been uncovered by a group of children. It is a large boulder. Its shrine is untended and has not been visited in centuries; much of the children involved have become lethargic and have entered a deep sleep.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2020, 04:06:08 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 [2] 3