Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.03 Released  (Read 76144 times)

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.47.03 Released
« Reply #105 on: February 24, 2020, 07:58:08 am »

so maybe that's why nobody's noticed (or again, maybe it's just me).
OH WE HAVE NOTICED (that 01 02 03 wgen crashes)... and discussed it.
Entered seeds manually to get repeatable wgen crashes. a,b,c,d got crash.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14759
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The (clarified) statement was that "47.03 is crashing more than 47.02". No-one (on this forum) has been discussing this.

Anyone else noticed this? Plumphelmetman have you changed anything about your worldgen settings, raws, etc between 47.02 and now?

Nope, just plain vanilla raws. I'll try it on my Windows later though since I'm playing on Mac right now, see if it has the same problem.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2020, 08:05:19 am »

so maybe that's why nobody's noticed (or again, maybe it's just me).
OH WE HAVE NOTICED (that 01 02 03 wgen crashes)... and discussed it.
Entered seeds manually to get repeatable wgen crashes. a,b,c,d got crash.
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14759
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The (clarified) statement was that "47.03 is crashing more than 47.02". No-one (on this forum) has been discussing this.

Anyone else noticed this? Plumphelmetman have you changed anything about your worldgen settings, raws, etc between 47.02 and now?

Nope, just plain vanilla raws. I'll try it on my Windows later though since I'm playing on Mac right now, see if it has the same problem.
Probably sun spots or magnetic fluctuations from the impending betelgeuse supernova bombarding the earth right where your PC is causing your rng to come up with more crash situation seeds than before.  :)
Whatever the reason, it's worth posting seeds which you can get to reliably crash every time. Who knows how many crash situations there are. A lot was added to worldgen for this arc.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #107 on: February 25, 2020, 03:40:35 am »

Are NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTERs supposed to be able to create random mutant freak creatures?  Now that I think about it, the exported raws don't show the interactions that create mutant species, only resurrected undead and ghouls, so the only thing that would make sense is that the NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER tag does things independently of interactions.  So that would explain the creation of said monsters by modded experimenters.

Is it possible to create experimenters that don't make the mutant freaks, or do EXPERIMENT interactions require the NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER tag?

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 25, 2020, 04:00:55 am »

What spheres has effects on surroundings and can be spreaded? What sphere needed to make freakish experiment creatures? Why if I add SPREAD_EVIL_SPHERES_IF_RULER to modded dwarves, this not work?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 25, 2020, 04:59:43 am »

What spheres has effects on surroundings and can be spreaded? What sphere needed to make freakish experiment creatures? Why if I add SPREAD_EVIL_SPHERES_IF_RULER to modded dwarves, this not work?
The ones I'm aware of from the wiki:
Death = undead
Blight = plants die
Nightmares/Darkness = bogeymen

Creation of freakish experiments requires the [NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER] creature tag.

I think your modded dwarves need to be associated with one of the aforementioned spheres. For example: [SPHERE:DEATH]
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 05:01:36 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Taras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 25, 2020, 05:26:35 am »

The ones I'm aware of from the wiki:
Death = undead
Blight = plants die
Nightmares/Darkness = bogeymen

Creation of freakish experiments requires the [NIGHT_CREATURE_EXPERIMENTER] creature tag.

I think your modded dwarves need to be associated with one of the aforementioned spheres. For example: [SPHERE:DEATH]
What sphere needs to evil grasses, glumprongs and ice wolf spawning?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 25, 2020, 06:44:30 am »

Are boxes working correctly? I just recently put up a save to a issue report expressing a re-emergent old bug here about dwarves storing (what is supposed to be) backpacks in boxes to store food. (making a point this is a dwarf's personal room not a barracks.)

Other discussions i've had on and off the forums also expressed a certain amount of concern over the fact that dwarves are not accumulating any objects to fufill the aquisition need like the did on 44.12, infact my tavern only intakes mugs & instruments at all as per part of the job, but whatever the tavern keeper withdraws a mug to serve, it ends up in a circular loop of going back to the stockpile, only for a dwarf to replace it in the location. (though given stockpiles thats probably not unusual but it doesn't really acknowledge there's a mug right there you can put back in the box)

Ill probably let my fortress run for some years and then do a tally of collected objects.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2020, 06:51:38 am by FantasticDorf »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #112 on: February 25, 2020, 07:10:09 am »

It seems that the creation of experimental creatures relies on a rare event in which the unit "performs horrible experiments".  I wonder what causes this event - and if there is a way of increasing its chances.  Would it be possible to create a secret that frequently resulted in experiments, by modifying the unit's personality in some way?  What about a secret that had a greater chance of being passed on through writing or apprenticeships?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 26, 2020, 06:57:53 pm »

I'm finding lots of rumours of "bone-chilling horror" pointing to nearby forts. And these forts are populated by regular fort dwelling groups. Isn't "bone-chilling horror" a reference to necromancer dwellings?

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 26, 2020, 11:12:20 pm »

I'm finding lots of rumours of "bone-chilling horror" pointing to nearby forts. And these forts are populated by regular fort dwelling groups. Isn't "bone-chilling horror" a reference to necromancer dwellings?
It certainly was in prior versions. Might the forts have been conquered by a necromancer-civ?
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 26, 2020, 11:40:18 pm »

It certainly was in prior versions. Might the forts have been conquered by a necromancer-civ?
No, I went to visit them all. Regular bandits, goblins or normal folk hanging out. Checked them in Legends afterwards too.

Might be related to why you can't fast travel or sleep at any of the new site types. It thinks they're all towers.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 11:42:21 pm by Shonai_Dweller »

Urlance Woolsbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 27, 2020, 12:41:55 am »

No, I went to visit them all. Regular bandits, goblins or normal folk hanging out. Checked them in Legends afterwards too.

Might be related to why you can't fast travel or sleep at any of the new site types. It thinks they're all towers.
Oh! That makes sense. They do have the same site-type ID, after all
"Hey papa, your dandruff is melting my skin. Is that normal?"
"SKREEEONK!!!"
"Yes, daddy."

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 27, 2020, 08:52:30 am »

So, my current world has about 1.3 million trolls in its outside populations, a whole load at various sites throughout the world too.
And yet, Legends mode tells me that "Quelge Lastwarns the Impunity of Warmth was a troll. He was one of the only ones of his kind".
How can this be?

--edit
Heh. He is fairly unique though.
After going through the usual troll thing of fight, kill, devour, fight, kill devour, etc., he settled in a catacomb and became Holy Moth of the Doctrine of Labyrinths, a religion devoted to the human god of rumors.
Then he killed some more stuff, ate most of it and got himself killed in a fight with a dwarf.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 09:02:28 am by Shonai_Dweller »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #118 on: February 27, 2020, 10:29:18 am »

So, my current world has about 1.3 million trolls in its outside populations, a whole load at various sites throughout the world too.
And yet, Legends mode tells me that "Quelge Lastwarns the Impunity of Warmth was a troll. He was one of the only ones of his kind".
How can this be?
Only civilization-joined troll, I guess.
" [LOCAL_POPS_PRODUCE_HEROES] --new with 0.42.xx: wild creature can join a civilization. "
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 27, 2020, 02:10:23 pm »

Only civilization-joined troll, I guess.
" [LOCAL_POPS_PRODUCE_HEROES] --new with 0.42.xx: wild creature can join a civilization. "

There was reports of a sentient cave dragon on unmodified vanilla, a few creatures may be slipping the net but the troll is indeed a [CAN_LEARN] (pressed into goblin service by [EVIL] & [SLOW_LEARNER]) being, so i would say most of those are goblin sites and that part would least be normal. Maybe something wierd happened and a troll flipped populations after having their pit or tower conquered.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10